You take, WHAT??? Multi-Vitamins

Options

Replies

• electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like the One a Day Active Metabolism because it has caffeine in it! I mean, other reasons too, but that's pretty nifty. I take D3 because my mom who's a nurse said that most of her patients are deficient in this, and she is too. I figure it couldn't hurt to build up on that. I take L-lysine when I remember to prevent cold sores, and L-tyrosine when I can remember (and have an empty stomach) to help my mental clarity for attention. I used to take Hair Skin and Nails but haven't bothered to buy anymore this year. I love how it makes my nails stronger even though I use harsh nail polish remover every week to redo them.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I take:
    Animal Pak ***AMAZING VITAMINS*** Very happy with the results since I started these a month ago.

I used to take
    GNC Metabolism and Energy
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    Womens One A day active metabolism

does that vitamin give any extra energy?
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I used to take a multivitamin but since rhere have been several recent studies showing dangers (increased risks of certain diseases) with vitamin and mineral supplements so I quit taking it a while back. Now I take fish oil, vitamin D and have recently added a B supplement on my doctor's advice (because of my age).

This - I take fish oil, vitamin d, and calcium. These three supplements are only associated with positive outcomes.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum multivitamine, calcium vitamine, cod liver oil capsule and african mango capsul =)
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If I remember, I take Women's One-A-Day and also a 35mg iron supplement (I'm slightly anemic).
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I like the One a Day Active Metabolism because it has caffeine in it! I mean, other reasons too, but that's pretty nifty. I take D3 because my mom who's a nurse said that most of her patients are deficient in this, and she is too. I figure it couldn't hurt to build up on that. I take L-lysine when I remember to prevent cold sores, and L-tyrosine when I can remember (and have an empty stomach) to help my mental clarity for attention. I used to take Hair Skin and Nails but haven't bothered to buy anymore this year. I love how it makes my nails stronger even though I use harsh nail polish remover every week to redo them.

L-lysine and L-tyrosine are amino acids. You might be able to just take some bcaa powder cheaper and easier. I never realized they provided help against cold sores and mental clarity.
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I take quite a cocktail right now under my DR's supervision. I only take a regular prenatal when not pregnant.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I take emergen-c and krill oil
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Juiceplus+ Garden and Orchard capsules (2 each) plus 1 Vineyard (ie fruits, veggies and berries)
    I used to juice every day and that was a lot easier, cheaper and more effective.

Most days I also use their Complete which contains about 50%RDA of what would be in a multi.

Other daily supplements:

2 T of freshly ground golden flax seed (usually in a breakfast smoothie) for omega 3s and extra fiber and other good stuff (keeps my skin nice and digestive track well).

Vitamin D3 drops adjusted depending on how much sunlight I am getting (between 2000 and 5000 IUs).

Magnesium in some form - I do have liquid drops that can go in the breakfast smoothie.

Water kefir for probiotics.

I also take evening primrose oil but that is more hit and miss. It deals with menstrual cramping so I already remember it then and try to take it at least every other day during the rest of the cycle.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I had to set a reminder in my cell phone to remember to take my vitamins.
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    I take probiotics, womens mulit, magnezium, calcium, b12, fish oil or flax seed, vitamin c, vitamin D, and astragalus.
  • Najay
    Options
    I tried this one years ago, but every time I took it I would get sick to my stomach. Now I know that if I don't eat enough before I take my vitamins this occurs. I may try this one again.
  • Najay
    Options
    I have this problem too. Try eating enough food before you take the vitamin. Never take on an empty stomach.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I guess I should list stuff besides just multi-vit packs.

I take:

Morning:
    Animal Pak
    BSN AminoX BCAA

Pre-Workout
    Jack3d/White Flood/NO Explode (On lifting days)
    BSN AminoX BCAA or USP Labs BCAA (depending on if I'm using Jack3d or not) (1/2 dose on cardio days)
    Myofusion or Muscle Milk Protein Shake

During Workout
    Usually will throw a bit of BCAA in my water. (1/2 dose on cardio days)

Post-Workout
    Myofusion or Muscle Milk Protein Shake
  • kellzroxs
    kellzroxs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i take fish oil 3 times a day its helps with belly fat and i also take vitamin b12 for metabolism support!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Centrum one a day, triple fish oil, tri flex joint health, flax seed, green tea, hair skin and nails, calcium, fiber, thermogenics .... It's a lot but it does wonders lol
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin for active women
    B Complex
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin C with Zinc
    St Johns Wort
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only take them if my Dr. says to. I have a friend that works for the fda and she says they're pretty much Crap anyway. Tons of fillers and an inefficient way because you per most of them out.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Slightly unpleasant subject, but I'd really like to know! I was taking a combined multi-vitamin with iron, as I live with/cook for someone who won't eat red meat and doesn't like many leafy greens (I grew up in a very carnivorous household, so my body is used to a lot more iron in my diet), but found that I was becoming constipated. Have others had this problem with iron supplements?

Apart from that - Elderberry or Echinacea on a two day rotation through the winter, powdered ginger root, and a small dose of zinc daily - I rely on my voice for work, so a cold or sinus/chest infection is a BIG deal and to be prevented if at all possible!