SPINACH!!!

Options

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies!!! Just toss in a handful along with your favorite fruit and add almond or coconut milk or coconut water.....taste delicious....and you can't even taste the spinach!!!
  • not4dagames
    Options
    I ahte spinach!! Buut there recipies sound very good i think ill give them a try!!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!

THAT is what the search button is for?! Thank you so much for your help!!
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I made this and it was AMAZING!! I am not a fan of spinach, but this was super yummy!! I don't remember the calories, but I added all the calories together for all the ingredients, then divided it by how many shells it made. I think it was right around 100 cals/shell. I bought "light" ingredients when making this dish, and I believe the recipe was even on the side of the cottage cheese.

Shells stuffed with spinach, cheese, red pepper.

1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    1 container cottage cheese (16 ounces)
    1 cup mozzarella cheese
    1 red pepper, chopped
    1 egg white
    1 tsp dried oregano
    20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained, cooled (there was enough stuffing for 5- 10 more shells)
    1 jar of pasta sauce

Heat oven to 400. Mix spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, red pepper, egg white, & oregano. Spread sauce onto bottom of 9x13 dish. Spoon mixture into shells and place in dish filled side up. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!
    wow!:noway:
    Its so true...the number of questions posted that could have answers found with in seconds is crazy! It takes longer to type a post than search MFP or google for answers!

Why does it matter whether someone posts a question or searches for it? I believe they can use the website anyway that they want to. If you don't want to read a topic that has been posted before, then don't click on it.

Not only that... but maybe they have already searched the topic... found some recipes, but wanted to know if anyone had discovered anything new that they would like to share.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If you can eat it raw its healthier for you. I love it as a salad with chicken and light honey mustard dressing. :) Or you can just splash some balsamic vinegar on it with a little crumbled bleu cheese. Its really easy to cook though, if you want to. Just steam it and you can use it in quiche, manacotti, lasagna, stuffed chicken, ect. :) Millions of options! :)
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I made this and it was AMAZING!! I am not a fan of spinach, but this was super yummy!! I don't remember the calories, but I added all the calories together for all the ingredients, then divided it by how many shells it made. I think it was right around 100 cals/shell. I bought "light" ingredients when making this dish, and I believe the recipe was even on the side of the cottage cheese.

Shells stuffed with spinach, cheese, red pepper.

1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    1 container cottage cheese (16 ounces)
    1 cup mozzarella cheese
    1 red pepper, chopped
    1 egg white
    1 tsp dried oregano
    20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained, cooled (there was enough stuffing for 5- 10 more shells)
    1 jar of pasta sauce

Heat oven to 400. Mix spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, red pepper, egg white, & oregano. Spread sauce onto bottom of 9x13 dish. Spoon mixture into shells and place in dish filled side up. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
    thanks for this recipe,making this2night!
  • lisacornell
    lisacornell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pesto Chicken Florentine

1 tbsp Olive Oil
    4 cloves Garlic (minced)
    12 oz Grilled Chicken
    9 oz Spinach (chopped)
    15 oz Bertoli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
    4 oz Pesto Sauce
    8 oz Penne Pasta
    Parmesan Cheese (grated)

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Mix pesto and alfredo sauce in a sauce pan and simmer on low, stirring frequently. Heat oil in large skillet, add garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted thoroughly. When spinach is done add the grilled chicken and cook until warmed throughout. Add the sauce and pasta to the chicken and spinach and heat together. Top with parmesan cheese to serve.

Serves 4
    Ingredients Calories Sodium Fat Protein Fiber Iron
    Grilled Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless 12 oz 360 54 2 60 0 3
    Barilla - Plus Farfalle, 8 oz 840 100 8 40 16 60
    Dole - Baby Spinach, 9 oz (about cups) 60 195 0 6 6 45
    Classico - Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce, 1/4 c 230 720 21 3 1 4
    Garlic - Raw, 4 clove 18 2 0 1 0 1
    Classico - Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce, 1 cont 490 3,010 42 7 7 14
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 1998 4081 73 117 30 127
    Per Serving: 500 1020 18 29 8 32
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    SORRY -- I'M JUST A LITTLE EXCITED ABOUT ALL OF THE GREAT RESOURCES OUT THERE USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION! :flowerforyou:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It's good raw in salads

This.

Also, I had a habit where I'd sit in my bed and eat an entire bag of it while watching TV.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Its so true...the number of questions posted that could have answers found with in seconds is crazy! It takes longer to type a post than search MFP or google for answers!

Why does it matter whether someone posts a question or searches for it? I believe they can use the website anyway that they want to. If you don't want to read a topic that has been posted before, then don't click on it.

Not only that... but maybe they have already searched the topic... found some recipes, but wanted to know if anyone had discovered anything new that they would like to share.
    YEP. JUST POINTING IT OUT IN CASE THE OP HADN'T TRIED IT YET. :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    OMG! Now I'm craving spinach!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    LOTS of brand new ideas come from a variety of threads... can't imagine anyone being that upset by someone asking what they do with spinach. Glad this thread was posted OP:wink::flowerforyou: Lots of new ideas I'd never thought of before.:drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    LOTS of brand new ideas come from a variety of threads... can't imagine anyone being that upset by someone asking what they do with spinach. Glad this thread was posted OP:wink::flowerforyou: Lots of new ideas I'd never thought of before.:drinker:
    WHO'S UPSET? JUST THOUGHT I'D SUGGEST THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF IDEAS IN PAST THREADS TOO, IN CASE THE OP WASN'T AWARE. DID ANYONE TELL OP THAT HE/SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE ASKED? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Quiche
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I only like it raw.

But I don't just "like" it raw.

I *LOVE* it raw.

In fact, I have a little 4' x 4' garden and have spinach planted in 1/3 of the rows.

Spinach, beet greens, and a variety of different kinds of lettuce combine to make an AWESOME base for a salad.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    WHO'S UPSET? JUST THOUGHT I'D SUGGEST THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF IDEAS IN PAST THREADS TOO, IN CASE THE OP WASN'T AWARE. DID ANYONE TELL OP THAT HE/SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE ASKED? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Mocking other members isn't helpful plus I believe it's now listed on the new rules. Sarcasm isn't pretty either... :ohwell: I think you made your point and the OP is welcome to ask for recipes and such just as anyone else is.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Mocking other members isn't helpful plus I believe it's now listed on the new rules. Sarcasm isn't pretty either... :ohwell: I think you made your point and the OP is welcome to ask for recipes and such just as anyone else is.
    You are speculating. I never told the OP that he/she could not ask for recipes.
  • taurus85
    taurus85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make a Frittata

3 eggs
    1 handfull of chopped spinach fresh or defrosted
    1 tomato
    1 zucchini dices
    mushrooms diced
    cooked kumara 40 grams
    peppers
    1 handfull of ham
    edam cheese to taste

sautee spinach mushrooms ham kumara pepper and tomato add a spray of cooking oil
    beat eggs and add cook on stove top when nearly done add cheese and grill until cooked in the oven
    season to taste
    great on sunday for brunch
    i add hot chilli sauce when eating:smile:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Make a Frittata
    I second this suggestion. Super tasty.