Tips for getting hair to grow faster??

Options
2»

Replies

• elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with this - a few months after I started eating 1200 calories a day, my hair was NOTICEABLY thinner. I freaked out, increased my calories, started taking Biotin and my hair's coming back around.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    When you guys get this figured out, let me know !!!!!
  • saffir27
    saffir27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Also have your doctor check your Ferretin levels. It is common in women of childbearing age to be deficient. If your Ferretin low you can take an iron supplement with vitamin c. But make sure to get the test because if you are not deficient you can consume to much iron.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    prenatal vitamins. iron rich foods, beta carotine rich foods.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Bump for later b/c I cut my hair last June 10th, been growing out since (it's pined back every day to be polished) and it's maximum 2 inches longer, what a bummer.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a deficiency of biotin, biotin is not going to make your hair grow any faster. Hair grows about a half inch per month with a normal healthy diet. Trimming doesn't make it grow any faster. Eat well and it will grow. Just be patient.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/hair-care-myths-0800#slide-1

http://articles.webraydian.com/article1966-The_Hair_Raising_Truth_about_Biotin.html
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hair typically grows about half an inch a month. Be sure you are getting enough protein. Your body does not view your hair and nails as being as essential as your muscles. So they will be one of the first places to notice if you aren't getting enough.

Other than that, just take good care of your hair and do as little damage as possible so that it doesn't break and split. Handle your hair gently when it is wet. It's very easy to stretch and damage your hair when it's wet. If possible, wait till it's dry to comb it. (This will depend on your hair type. My hair is very straight. So I usually just leave it alone till it's dry. For curly hair, you may need to do some detangling while it's still wet/damp.)

The rest is all up to genetics.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: