Should I stop weight training?

Options
2»

Replies

• 6packngunz
    Options
    It's 1 gram for every pound of lean body mass. So if you are 200lbs and your body fat percentage is 25%, your lean body mass is 150lbs.

Yeppers, my LBM is about 200lbs, estimating my bodyfat at 20%. (I'm tall.)

i set up a meal plan for tomorrow. It's got some sugary stuff (Bolthouse protein smoothies) but I'll drop those entirely for real protein powder once I'm through this container. I got up to about 157g of protein.

It still leaves me with 360 calories left to eat, but I don't know where I could possibly stuff those since I can't eat anymore than I do at work. I could just skip my lunch time walk and be at the correct calories....

Though I could eat beef jerkey. It's lean, has lots of protein, but holy sodium!

I think for now,

* Fix Diet to 90% good foods
    * Do MT M/W/F
    * Do Weights TH-SAT, alternating deadlifts for squats since they wreck me the most

Fruits, protein shakes (watch the carbs in it!) and olive oil are nice filler to reach your cal goal.
    I think you need to go easy on the workouts. lift weights twice a week and MT twice a week until you feel better.
    Give your body the rest. It is OK to rest more and get more out of your workout. It is not normal to be that sore.
    A good idea to get more out of your workout is to lift THEN do some cardio. That's what I do. I lift Tues, Wed, Thus followed by 45mns of cardio and Sat and Sun 30 miles on the bike. You could slipt it too (morning weights, nights cardio).
    2 more questions: Are you sleeping enough? Are you drinking enough water?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I drink more water than Flipper, but I am a little short on sleep.

I'm not on any eating schedule... I just eat when I can at work, then usually about an hour after my workout in the evening.