30 Day Shred RESULTS (Lots of pics!)

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred on October 11th and I finished on November 16th (I missed 7 days over the course of the challenge but I made them all back hence finishing in 37 days :smile: )
Here are my stats for Day 1 and Day 30:

Height: 5ft 6"

Day 1: 160lbs ... Day 30: 147lbs
Neck: 13" ... 12.5"
Bust: 35" ... 34.25"
Waist: 32" ... 28"
Tummy: 39" ... 36"
Hips: 40" ... 37.5"
Bum: 40" ... 38"
Thigh (R): 23" ... 22"
Thigh (L): 22.25" ... 21.25"
Calf (R): 14" ... 14"
Calf (L): 14" ... 14"
Arm (R): 12.25" ... 11"
Arm (L): 11.5" ... 10.5"

Total: 13lbs and 17.5 inches lost! :noway:

This is the first time in my life I have been this weight/size and it feels amazing. Jillian Michaels is a GOD!
My routine for the last 37 days has included: 45minute brisk walk to work in the mornings and 45minute brisk walk back home in evenings (5 days a week) and 30Day Shred every evening (as I mentioned before I missed 7 days in total but I made sure to complete them no matter what). I logged my food every day, eating clean for breakfast/lunch/dinner and I did allow myself chocolate and coffee as snacks because I have a sweet tooth and I didn't want to feel like I was depriving myself too much! I don't smoke and I drink on occasion but I only drank on 3 nights over the course of the shred. That's about it!

Im so happy with the results that I started back on level 1 this morning and Im going to complete another round before Christmas.
Im 17lbs from my ultimate goal so Im going to keep working towards that for the next two months.

Took lots of pictures to try and see if I could notice any difference. I think I can in most of them :) But even if it's not that obvious in the pictures, I know that I feel amazing and clothes look different on me now and I feel strong and healthy for the first time ever!! The main highlight today was the fact that I could fit into 2 items of clothing that I could never wear before!
The first was a pair of jeans that I bought 6 years ago in college, knowing that they were too small for me but they were to encourage me to lose weight. They didn't have quite the effect I thought they would and they sat in my wardrobe for 6 years taunting me! Two months ago I managed to fit them up over my hips and button them but they were not a pretty sight!! (pic with yellow top and jeans) This morning, not only do they fit but they are loose!
The second item is the leather jacket which I bought last month in a size UK 8. I couldn't close it when I bought it so again I used it as an incentive to get back on track and start my weight loss again. This morning it fits like a glove and I can wear it out of the house!

TODAY HAS BEEN A GREAT DAY! And I hope to have much more success in the second round of 30 Day Shred.

For those of you who are thinking about it....DO IT!!! You will NEVER regret it. The first 2-3 days of each level are difficult because you are working muscles you never worked before. And it IS tough and you WILL sweat and you will try EVERY EXCUSE in the book to convince yourself that you can't do it. But you most definitely can do it. I felt like I was going to die when I started level 1 and I thought I would never last the 30 days if each level gets harder and harder. But you will honestly be amazed by how strong you will get and how much your endurance will increase as you complete each day. I started back on level 1 this morning and I was able to do proper bad-*kitten* army push-ups in the first circuit!!!!!! I was so proud of myself because this time last month I had to do them on my knees and even at that I was finding them difficult.

So go and do it! And those of you already doing it, you know what Im talking about and you also know that it is worth every single drop of sweat!

Thanks for listening and I hope I inspired someone to start today! Best of luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/Lorraine_McCarthy/Photoon2011-11-21at11274-1-2.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/Lorraine_McCarthy/Photoon2011-11-21at11365-1-2.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/Lorraine_McCarthy/Photoon2011-11-21at11556-1-2.jpg

These are the jeans I bought 6 years ago but could never fit into...
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/Lorraine_McCarthy/Photoon2011-11-21at11542-2.jpg

This is my 'goal weight' leather jacket. So happy I am able to fit into it already!
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/Lorraine_McCarthy/Photoon2011-11-21at12026-2.jpg

** Can't seem to figure out this photo uploading lark! Whoops!!

Replies

• mrsbarton
    mrsbarton Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I cant see your pics..... im going to be starting the shred today :)
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    your pictures aren't showing
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    :frown: Your pictures didn't work... :indifferent:
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Fantastic job! Can really tell in the pictures with clothes on. Lookin' sexy! :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! You look amazing! Your dedication really payed off! I really love the leather jacket, it is so beautiful! Great work!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

Photoon2011-11-21at11274-1-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at11365-1-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at11556-1-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at11542-1.jpg

This is my 'goal weight' leather jacket. So happy I am able to fit into it already!
    [img]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/Lorraine_McCarthy/30 Day Shred Results/Photoon2011-11-21at12026-1.jpg[/img ][/img]
  • christieinfante
    Options
    Click on her name...then under her pic to see all pictures. She looks amazing!!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    nice work! you look fantastic! love the leather jacket!! mind sharing where you picked that up at??
  • jenslife82
    Options
    Great job :)
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pictures, but thanks for posting your story!!!!!!! Great job!
  • Behipped
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look awesome!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    just change the that comes before and after the link to your picture so it''s in lowercase letters, like this[img]. then we should be able to see :)[/img]
  • Okobojibelle
    Options
    Copy the url and past into your browser and you can see the pix. Nice job.
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred on October 11th and I finished on November 16th (I missed 7 days over the course of the challenge but I made them all back hence finishing in 37 days :smile: )
    Here are my stats for Day 1 and Day 30:

Height: 5ft 6"

Day 1: 160lbs ... Day 30: 147lbs
    Neck: 13" ... 12.5"
    Bust: 35" ... 34.25"
    Waist: 32" ... 28"
    Tummy: 39" ... 36"
    Hips: 40" ... 37.5"
    Bum: 40" ... 38"
    Thigh (R): 23" ... 22"
    Thigh (L): 22.25" ... 21.25"
    Calf (R): 14" ... 14"
    Calf (L): 14" ... 14"
    Arm (R): 12.25" ... 11"
    Arm (L): 11.5" ... 10.5"

Total: 13lbs and 17.5 inches lost! :noway:

This is the first time in my life I have been this weight/size and it feels amazing. Jillian Michaels is a GOD!
    My routine for the last 37 days has included: 45minute brisk walk to work in the mornings and 45minute brisk walk back home in evenings (5 days a week) and 30Day Shred every evening (as I mentioned before I missed 7 days in total but I made sure to complete them no matter what). I logged my food every day, eating clean for breakfast/lunch/dinner and I did allow myself chocolate and coffee as snacks because I have a sweet tooth and I didn't want to feel like I was depriving myself too much! I don't smoke and I drink on occasion but I only drank on 3 nights over the course of the shred. That's about it!

Im so happy with the results that I started back on level 1 this morning and Im going to complete another round before Christmas.
    Im 17lbs from my ultimate goal so Im going to keep working towards that for the next two months.

Took lots of pictures to try and see if I could notice any difference. I think I can in most of them :) But even if it's not that obvious in the pictures, I know that I feel amazing and clothes look different on me now and I feel strong and healthy for the first time ever!! The main highlight today was the fact that I could fit into 2 items of clothing that I could never wear before!
    The first was a pair of jeans that I bought 6 years ago in college, knowing that they were too small for me but they were to encourage me to lose weight. They didn't have quite the effect I thought they would and they sat in my wardrobe for 6 years taunting me! Two months ago I managed to fit them up over my hips and button them but they were not a pretty sight!! (pic with yellow top and jeans) This morning, not only do they fit but they are loose!
    The second item is the leather jacket which I bought last month in a size UK 8. I couldn't close it when I bought it so again I used it as an incentive to get back on track and start my weight loss again. This morning it fits like a glove and I can wear it out of the house!

TODAY HAS BEEN A GREAT DAY! And I hope to have much more success in the second round of 30 Day Shred.

For those of you who are thinking about it....DO IT!!! You will NEVER regret it. The first 2-3 days of each level are difficult because you are working muscles you never worked before. And it IS tough and you WILL sweat and you will try EVERY EXCUSE in the book to convince yourself that you can't do it. But you most definitely can do it. I felt like I was going to die when I started level 1 and I thought I would never last the 30 days if each level gets harder and harder. But you will honestly be amazed by how strong you will get and how much your endurance will increase as you complete each day. I started back on level 1 this morning and I was able to do proper bad-*kitten* army push-ups in the first circuit!!!!!! I was so proud of myself because this time last month I had to do them on my knees and even at that I was finding them difficult.

So go and do it! And those of you already doing it, you know what Im talking about and you also know that it is worth every single drop of sweat!

Thanks for listening and I hope I inspired someone to start today! Best of luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:

Photoon2011-11-21at11274-1-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at11365-1-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at11556-1-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at11542-1.jpg

Photoon2011-11-21at12026-1.jpg

** Can't seem to figure out this photo uploading lark! Whoops!!

i think i just fixed your photos...lets see.-cuatesmom
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I hope you can fix your pics because I would love the see the transformation. It's incredible how many lbs and inches you love, plus muscle gained!!! Congrats, that is some tough work there!
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    hmmm your photos are gone...?
  • Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great. Beautiful girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!