No guys should EVER, EVER, EVER...

Options
tgh1914
tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
... EVER wear spandex! I'm sorry, but no matter what shape you're in a guy looks disgusting in spandex. I'm so sick of seeing guys running around looking like they're only wearing paint on their lower bodies. :sick:

Now I'm a guy (and very hetero) and I can comfortably say that wearing something form-fitting on a well developed upper body is a good look - that's fine. But not spandex shorts. I guess I consider it ok if you REALLY need them because you are signed up for the Tour de France. But in no other circumstance should we have to see every nook & cranny on your lower body.

Can I get a witness ...?

Replies

• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    ... EVER wear spandex! I'm sorry, but no matter what shape you're in a guy looks disgusting in spandex. I'm so sick of seeing guys running around looking like they're only wearing paint on their lower bodies. :sick:

Now I'm a guy (and very hetero) and I can comfortably say that wearing something form-fitting on a well developed upper body is a good look - that's fine. But not spandex shorts. I guess I consider it ok if you REALLY need them because you are signed up for the Tour de France. But in no other circumstance should we have to see every nook & cranny on your lower body.

Can I get a witness ...?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I second that!!!

We were in Hawaii years ago and there was a buff big guy with a LITTLE speedo on - we are still laughing about it 17 years later!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am gonna have to agree here!!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Amen, brother! I saw some ungodly sights of spandex abuse while I was watching the Boston marathon the other day . . . . <<shiver>> In that case I guess it was warranted, but any other time, NO WAY!
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    HAHAHAHA :laugh: Agreed!

One word: NASTY!!!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY AGREE...
    Not attractive fella's...
    The women are giggling because they are laughing at you!!!!!
    TRUST ME!!!!:noway: :huh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    And unless your Michael Phelps - speedos should be outlawed. :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Exxaccccerrrryyyyy!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll be your witness..............NOOOO problemo!! :wink:
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    LOL i agree.
    & i dont care who oyu are NO SPEEDOS lol
    one time at the beach there was this old guy in a neon green speedo. . .i mean it was like you tried too look away but couldnt lol
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Preach it Brotha!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I'll drink to that:drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Now let's be fair. Some of those spandex are actually compression shorts that some guys need because they have had some sort of hamstring/quads/groin strain. They need them while they are working out. A TON of my hockey players wear them.

BUT....that being said.....

they should DEFINITELY be wearing some shorts over that!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm with you on that:laugh:
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Ewwwww...old people in Speedos???? Isn't that like a Slo-do? LOL! :laugh:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Now let's be fair. Some of those spandex are actually compression shorts that some guys need because they have had some sort of hamstring/quads/groin strain. They need them while they are working out. A TON of my hockey players wear them.

BUT....that being said.....

they should DEFINITELY be wearing some shorts over that!!!! :bigsmile:

Ok but those are suppose to worn under regular shorts. My husband hurt his knee in college playing basketball and he still plays for fun and exercise but he wears those shorts all the time when playing ball but under his ball shorts never alone.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    whew! I was worried there until you said upper body was ok. I wear tight shirts (underarmor) when I play ball or do other stuff where a loose fitting shirt would get in the way. But yeah, spandex are nasty on guys. Except under something else. Like I wear spandex sliding shorts (they are actually triple padded so that you don't tear up your thigh when you slide, but always under my (loose fitting) baseball pants.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I ran a budlight triathalon some while ago and we all wore the spandex bike/swim shorts

I looked damn good too
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I ran a budlight triathalon some while ago and we all wore the spandex bike/swim shorts

I looked damn good too

Prove it! :smokin: