im about to give up :(

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You have a tiny tummy! But I know to you it's a big deal. If you've ever had kids, well, sometimes you can't completely get rid of a little loose skin and a layer of fat, or anyway, I never could, and I was borderline anorexic for awhile. I was way underweight at one point, a little over 100 pounds, and I'm 5'4.

If no kids, it might be genetic, too. Whatever you do, don't starve yourself, because it won't work. Your ribs and spine can stick out and you can be anemic and passing out at the gym from hunger and the darn thing still won't go away. I know, I've been there.

Surgery can reduce it, and maybe there are ways to target the area with exercise, I don't know. I just know from experience that extreme dieting doesn't do a thing for it.
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Pilates!! I can't tell enough people how it works to tone the tummy! It works all three muscle groups of the stomach. ( I didn't even know there were 3 different stomach muscles when I started)
    Just give it a try for-Don't give up!!:smile:
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooooooo much for all the info! Tomrorow will be a fresh HAPPY start. thanks. Please add me if you like. I need motivations and a DAILY PUSH!!!

As some of you know Im short 4 feet 8 and im tiny on my legs, arms ect But not my tummy. Ive been fighting for so long to firm this tummy and I still cant.

I dont know If there is any change in my tummy. :( Im about to give up is there any hope for me? to loose this STUBORN BELLY?

Aren't you a winner? Winners never quit and quitters never win. You can do this. Baby steps is the key. You didn't get that abdomen overnight and it will not leave overnight. Stop letting your body get to you. Take control over your body and let it know that you are in control.
    What should I eat?

Follow the food pyramid. You can never go wrong there. Eat in moderation and portion size. Drink plenty of water.

Attention: Abs starts in the kitchen.
    What should I NOT eat?

Food is not the enemy, unless you give it that power. Never deprive yourself of anything that you like, unless the doctor takes you off something for your health. Other than that, fit in to your daily calories things that you like.
    What workouts are good to loose this belly?

Cardio. Try Tae Bo Insane Abs. Add it to the calorie routine you are already doing. Trust me, it will help you.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/billy-blanks-tae-bo-insane-abs-5939
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    noooooooo don't give up! I struggle with my mom-pouch too. I saw some good results when I did bootcamp classes at a local park and we'd target our abs 2-3 days a week. You can probably find the same exercises on Youtube /Google. Yes, you'll end up losing everywhere else as well, but you'll also lose some belly too. Stick with it. How old is your baby?
  • davesgal1
    Options
    Belly fat can also be water weight. I agree with the other poster that a low carb diet would probably help you in this area. Lots of green veggies and protein and stay away from the breads, sugars and simple carbs. The 2 week restrictive diet of the south beach diet is to wean your body off all the processed foods and get it back in equilibrium. Lowering your calories is not always the answer. If calories are too low, then your body will hold onto the fat. I always recommend PACE interval training too (you can google it). It only takes about 15 min. 3 times a week and the body fat drops off. I am a certified trainer that couldn't control my binging and now have to lose weight again. Just letting you know that I have some experience in this area.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Nop im not a beer girl. I do like to drink sometimes but not that much. Im not a big drinker. I just LOVE FOOD! and the problem is that I got a few health problems liek thryroid ect. and Thats how I became like this. Also FOOOOOD! I love FOOOOOD! I have seen dr and they just said to workout and eat healthy which ive been doing for a longt iem and nothing happens. :(

Do you drink beer or other drinks that cause bloating? My sister's stomach looks very much like yours. When it's just us, she thinks it's funny to show me her stomach. My sister thinks her tummy comes from bloating which she blames on her TOM or beer.

Did you go see a doctor? Maybe, just maybe, it's something that you are eating. Maybe something is causing the bloating-easy, good or bad.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Thank you so much. would tortilla be ok to eat?? Whole wheat? I have not eaten any bread just tortila.
    Also I cant have rice? anything else? Thanks again I will search the net for pace
    Belly fat can also be water weight. I agree with the other poster that a low carb diet would probably help you in this area. Lots of green veggies and protein and stay away from the breads, sugars and simple carbs. The 2 week restrictive diet of the south beach diet is to wean your body off all the processed foods and get it back in equilibrium. Lowering your calories is not always the answer. If calories are too low, then your body will hold onto the fat. I always recommend PACE interval training too (you can google it). It only takes about 15 min. 3 times a week and the body fat drops off. I am a certified trainer that couldn't control my binging and now have to lose weight again. Just letting you know that I have some experience in this area.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry all the time you are not taking in enough protein. Try to boost that and see if it helps you stay on track with your calories. Works for me.
  • workinmum
    workinmum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, am new to this but went over your question. I would first suggest, don't eat bread, or food with yeast in it at all. I would avoid all flour, including cups of soups etc. Do this for a week and you will see an improvement. But as has been mentioned to you, you can not spot reduce. I have a problem with a thick waist and big boobs, but my butt is small, so I have all my pants falling off me when I too want to loose my (twin) belly, and I'm 40. I really really wanted to loose it, so I just kept at it. Some would say do lots of sit ups, but that will only strengthen what is under it all, so just keep walking or doing cardio.
    We'll never all have the same body shape, and just quietly if everywhere else is getting smaller, so is your waist. I would try and carb down first. A good way is by doing a protein detox, it last only three days, easy to do, and you will notice a decrease... if you are keen, email me at consultantstace at gmail dot com. Never give up on your dreams.
  • sunkisses
    Options
    Almost forgot, running helped make my laterals seem/feel a little longer, so I didn't look as stout. I'm short as well.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Thanks so much. I dont have a baby lol I may look liek I have one. I do Hope to have one soon :) Thansk for the tip hun
    noooooooo don't give up! I struggle with my mom-pouch too. I saw some good results when I did bootcamp classes at a local park and we'd target our abs 2-3 days a week. You can probably find the same exercises on Youtube /Google. Yes, you'll end up losing everywhere else as well, but you'll also lose some belly too. Stick with it. How old is your baby?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    *turns around and quickly sprints away from this thread*

the low carb fanatics are freaking me out
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Ok How much protein is good? and fiber?
    If you are hungry all the time you are not taking in enough protein. Try to boost that and see if it helps you stay on track with your calories. Works for me.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    haha
    *turns around and quickly sprints away from this thread*

the low carb fanatics are freaking me out
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    is tortilas ok to eat? whole wheat? i dont eat bread anymore but just tortilas
    Hi, am new to this but went over your question. I would first suggest, don't eat bread, or food with yeast in it at all. I would avoid all flour, including cups of soups etc. Do this for a week and you will see an improvement. But as has been mentioned to you, you can not spot reduce. I have a problem with a thick waist and big boobs, but my butt is small, so I have all my pants falling off me when I too want to loose my (twin) belly, and I'm 40. I really really wanted to loose it, so I just kept at it. Some would say do lots of sit ups, but that will only strengthen what is under it all, so just keep walking or doing cardio.
    We'll never all have the same body shape, and just quietly if everywhere else is getting smaller, so is your waist. I would try and carb down first. A good way is by doing a protein detox, it last only three days, easy to do, and you will notice a decrease... if you are keen, email me at consultantstace at gmail dot com. Never give up on your dreams.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

You should probably talk to a fitness/wellness professional for some guidance.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you have facebook, look up "Ashy Bines Bikini Body Challenge". She helps and motivates everyone so much, and you can see before and after pictures of people who are following her clean eating plan. Its amazing
  • sunkisses
    Options
    Your user ID had me totally confused.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Most people say that for protein you should aim for a pound of body weight.. I personally aim for 30% of calorie intake.. and since I eat 1798 calories before exercise, it makes my protein goal about 134 grams.

As far as the stomach goes, cardio and weights.. and you'll be good.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    :) thanks. Im not a good runner. I got tiny legs and i get tired fast and my asthma starts but I sure can try. I do Running in place alot would that help aswell?
    Almost forgot, running helped make my laterals seem/feel a little longer, so I didn't look as stout. I'm short as well.