so do you feel thinner or larger then you are?

Options
jakejacobsen
jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
I still feel huge and I forget I can do way more then I could before.

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    larger
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    sometimes i buy the wrong size clothes and forget that i have lost weight LOL

i think it just takes our minds a while to catch up with our bodies lol
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite... I forget that I'm fat and am always surprised when I see my reflection. I don't buy clothes that are small or anything - I'm realistic about what size I am when I shop, but I'm still surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself that I'm not the thinner person that I feel like.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I feel whether I lose or gain, I am still big. :/
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I feel much bigger than I am. I'm always shocked when someone describes me as skinny!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i still fill huge people tell me im thin but I dont think ill ever feel it
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I think that i'm much larger than I am. I'm not sure when this thinking will change.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    My view of myself actually changes ALL THE TIME. Sometimes, I think I am bigger but sometimes I think I am smaller (if I noticed a new NSV lately or lost weight it affects my perception).

I think it will always vary, I am already smaller but in certain areas I over/under estimate myself.
  • beverlyl64
    Options
    Larger, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror at the gym and still can't make the connection that it is me.
  • crestchick82
    Options
    The last time I felt larger and I really did crappy that week I lost over 2lbs so I try not to judge myself to harshly anymore :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    depends. Mainly on what I'm wearing I think. Always feel small/skinny in office clothes (except for these damn pants that my quads are trying to bust out of LOL) but not so much in beach clothes.

I feel smaller than I am I "think". People seem to think I am quite large but I don't really feel that way.
  • simplykate09
    Options
    To kr3851:

A mirror does not define who you are.

If you look good in your clothes and you feel that you look sexy, you are.

Do not let your reflection get you down. When you walk up to someone and they talk to you and you just pour out confidence, they're going to notice that are realize how great of a person you are inside and out.

I know it sounds cheesy, but when you're confident about yourself, others notice.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Smaller. I always think I'm smaller than I am. It's the reason I always end up really big before I stop and go, "whoa, I need to do some cardio or something."
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror and I think I am looking better, but I still feel a little bigger than what I actually am. I think this has something to do with some of the fat that I am struggling to lose around my stomach... Especially the love handles!! They are smaller, but I wont be happy till they are completely gone!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I feel wayyyyy larger than I really am..
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    In my mind, I perceive myself to be smaller than I am, which is probably one of the reasons I got so big. But in my movements, I feel like a baby moose, large and awkward, lol.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    while i still fell bigger then people tell me i am, i do find myself shocked when i dont have to suck in or turn to the side when walking through a thin walkway or door. im just so used to the amount of room i used to take up that i find myself still giving myself that room when i dont need it... if you can understand any of that, lol!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I feel bigger, definitely! I think it is somewhat a girl thing. Most women I know feel bigger then they really are.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite... I forget that I'm fat and am always surprised when I see my reflection. I don't buy clothes that are small or anything - I'm realistic about what size I am when I shop, but I'm still surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself that I'm not the thinner person that I feel like.

thats how i feel kinda, i always feel thin, and sometimes i look thim, then i see myself and think im fat :frown:
  • TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options

THIS ^^ I had no idea.. as silly as it sounds.. as to how much I really weighed. Got an awful surprise when trying on clothes a bit over a month and saw full length mirrors.