Moms on the Move Group 9 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies once again to scared to get on the scale! I really need to change something, really with the holidays coming! I am so awful with stress eating right now, my grandmother has a limited time left and is in really bad shape and my 7 year old cousin has been battling cancer since she was 19 months old, and she has been through every chemo available and her cancer keeps coming back and now its wrapped around vital organs and there is nothing left to do to help her :( So i just stress eat and I feel horrible!

So I think I am going to start drinking water and see if this helps I am embarrassed to admit I only drink diet pop, also going to try to keep gum with me at all times! Thanks for letting me vent ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and your cousin... from personal experience, I know how hard this can be. Hang in there...

Have you tried drinking tea? I was a devoted diet soda drinker for years and have finally managed to overcome it this year by switching to tea. I'm not great with water... honestly, I don't really like it (is that weird?)... I have gotten better, but not great and sometimes you just want something with some taste... I drink a lot of herbal tea to avoid the caffiene and drink it both hot and iced depending on my mood. When I do drink black or green tea, I usually brew one cup and then refill it with hot water when it's gotten down 1/2 way... so I am essentially just diluting it rather than brewing another full cup with additional caffiene. It takes some getting used to, but there are a lot of great flavors to choose from so definitely adds some variety to life without soda...
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    After taking a break from running for the past few weeks, TOM, and having eaten extremely salty chinese food for dinner Saturday night (not my choice), I am sorry to say that I have actually gone up to 134.2 this week... :embarassed:

I'll be back to running this week and am going to drink gallons of water or drown trying... this extra weight WILL BE GONE by next week!!! (and hopefully a little more)
  • joimichele
    Options
    118 for me. I probably be stuck here for awhile.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Sorry ladies once again to scared to get on the scale! I really need to change something, really with the holidays coming! I am so awful with stress eating right now, my grandmother has a limited time left and is in really bad shape and my 7 year old cousin has been battling cancer since she was 19 months old, and she has been through every chemo available and her cancer keeps coming back and now its wrapped around vital organs and there is nothing left to do to help her :( So i just stress eat and I feel horrible!

So I think I am going to start drinking water and see if this helps I am embarrassed to admit I only drink diet pop, also going to try to keep gum with me at all times! Thanks for letting me vent ladies!!!!!!!!!!
    I really don't know what to say. I hope everything gets better or at least easier. I will keep you in my happy thoughts and wishes. Don't give up! On another note you have already come so far. Maybe a small break won't hurt?
  • joimichele
    Options
    My goals for this week: In honor of Turkey day, I am giving up all meat for one week! I will only eat seafood. Basically, I will be eating like my husband. Plus, the hot moms daily challenge. Last, burn at least 400 cals for 6 days.
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    My goals for this week: In honor of Turkey day, I am giving up all meat for one week! I will only eat seafood. Basically, I will be eating like my husband. Plus, the hot moms daily challenge. Last, burn at least 400 cals for 6 days.

Sounds like a good plan.... good luck :smile:
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days. I'm up a pound from last week. And I deserve it. I am making very bad food choices. For some reason, if I make one bad choice, it ruins the rest of my day. From then on, it's one bad choice after another. I've got to learn self control.

Swimmom2 ... hang in there. I'm sorry you're experiencing rough times. ((((hugs)))) Be there for the people you care about and don't worry about the number on the scale. I agree with the others, you've come so far and are at a healthy weight now. It's ok to plateau or take a break. Drinking more water will help tremendously. My new thing is to mix it with Crystal Light. It goes down much easier.

I hope we can keep our Group 9 thread going. I like the intimacy of our group. :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    I hope we can keep our Group 9 thread going. I like the intimacy of our group. :flowerforyou:

totally agree :happy:
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Hello ladies. Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days. I'm up a pound from last week. And I deserve it. I am making very bad food choices. For some reason, if I make one bad choice, it ruins the rest of my day. From then on, it's one bad choice after another. I've got to learn self control.

I have the same problem... once I get on that bus, it's very hard to get off. I've also found that making bad food choices goes hand in hand with deciding not to log my meals for that day... which I think is my way of not ever really knowing how bad I was...
  • joimichele
    Options
    How is everyone?
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Hey there. I'm great. I am caught up with all my work deadlines and I feel like I finally have some free time. :) Too bad I don't have big plans for the weekend. lol

I'm hoping to be moderate next week for Thanksgiving. I love the holidays and all the deliciousness that goes with it. It's going to be a tempting couple of months.

Congratulations everyone on your losses this week!!! Group 9 is still going strong. :laugh:
  • swimmom2
    Options
    121.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't seem to get below121!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • joimichele
    Options

Well at least you didn't gain like you thought you had. I think 121 might be your wall? Maybe you have to change something. Good luck!
  • joimichele
    Options

Well at least you didn't gain like you thought you had. I think 121 might be your wall? Maybe you have to change something. Good luck!
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    I posted this in the group discussion, but thought I'd share with group 9 on here.

I'm soooooo disappointed. I was all set and very excited to run my first 5k on Thursday. Well, my friend and i had been talking about it constantly and were training for it almost daily. And neither of us remembered to register for the darn thing. When I finally went online to register, I found out that registration CLOSED 3 HOURS EARLIER. I feel so deflated. :sad:

So, in honor of all the Turkey Trots around the country tomorrow, I will run my own 5 k in my neighborhood starting at 10 a.m.

Happy Thanksgiving Moms!!!!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    I posted this in the group discussion, but thought I'd share with group 9 on here.

I'm soooooo disappointed. I was all set and very excited to run my first 5k on Thursday. Well, my friend and i had been talking about it constantly and were training for it almost daily. And neither of us remembered to register for the darn thing. When I finally went online to register, I found out that registration CLOSED 3 HOURS EARLIER. I feel so deflated. :sad:

So, in honor of all the Turkey Trots around the country tomorrow, I will run my own 5 k in my neighborhood starting at 10 a.m.

Happy Thanksgiving Moms!!!!

What a bummer!!! I was so excited for you to run... you'll have to find a race to run in December sometime...
  • joimichele
    Options
    How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I actually gained a couple pounds. Monday, I will start over without looking back.
    Dc_amaryllis are you going to try again on X-mas?
    Leigh how is it going? From your logs it seems like you are progressing. Yaaayyy!
    Swimmom how is the snacking going?
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    I had a great Thanksgiving. My brother and his wife hosted, so all I had to do was bring dessert and cranberries. Easy. :) Since I missed the Turkey Trot, I ran in my neighborhood and ran for 6 miles straight. It was the farthest I've run and I did't keel over and die. hehe. One of my friends is running an 8k in December and I think I'm going to run it with him. In fact, before I forget, I'm going to register RIGHT NOW!

I gained over the holiday as well. Oh well. New week. Although, I'm not having a great food day. For breakfast I had a bagel from Panera and it cost me 340 calories!!! Yikes.

How's everyone else doing?
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Well.... those of you that saw my post on Monday know that Thanksgiving was a total disaster for me :explode:

I knew going into it, it was going to be challenging and thought I could handle it, but one too many things went wrong and then it all went to hell. I had to get up at 4:30 to run the Turkey Trot. I am in Detroit and not only were 20,000 people running that morning, but there was a Thanksgiving Parade that started right after tthe race and then right after the parade the Lion's played... so everyone was trying to get downtown at the very same time and parking promised to be a complete nightmare... so I had to get up and downtown by 6:30 am in order to get a good place to park. The race didn't start until 8:00 am....

We were hosting 22 people for dinner, but my husband was going to do most of the cooking (we both like to cook so we trade off cooking responsibility and thankfully, it was his turn this time). My job was to get the house picked up and the tables set, etc. which was challenging enough with the two little ones wanting to help :tongue:

I layed down for a short nap around 2:00pm (everyone was coming over at 4:00) but as soon as I started to drift off, my 2 year old got up from her nap, and my rest time was done. This led to what we are now calling the great oven debaucle... because I had set the oven timer for 45 minutes so that I would be sure to wake up with enough time to get myself and the girls ready for the evening. After I was up and about my husband asked "now that you are up, should I turn the timer off?" and I said, "yes, please do." And then he turned the OVEN off. Of course, we didn't know this, and in fact didn't figure it out until 2 hours later when the turkey was just not getting any hotter than 135 degrees...

This led to everyone (including me) to drink WAY TOO MUCH wine and get extremely hungry while we waited until 8:00pm for the turkey to finish cooking... and then everyone (including me) ate WAY TOO MUCH because we were all slightly if not totally drunk and hungry enough to eat our arms....

Then... after dinner was done and everyone was gone... I had intended to lay down and rest again for a few hours... because working in retail, I had the extreme pleasure of going out in the middle of night and watch the craziness that was to ensue beginning at midnight.... BUT because we didn't eat until 8:00 no one left until 10:30 and my nap, once again, disappeared. At 11:30 I made myself a HUGE cup of coffee and headed out to the car. I was out all night, travelling to several stores across the Detroit metro area and returned home at 6:30 am. I climbed into bed and slept.... for only 4 hours before daylight, kids, and the fact that I needed to submit a report about the previous night by noon got me out of bed. I felt like I had been hit by a truck and lived in zombie land for the rest of the day and then really, for the rest of the weekend. It was not until Sunday night that I started to feel normal again. I ate weird things at weird times all weekend and I didn't even think about working out... tomorrow will be the first time I do anything fitness related since the Turkey Trot....

I chose not to weigh myself this week... I just couldn't bring myself to see the damage I did after FINALLY seeing a weight loss the previous week....
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Leigh, I still can't get over your crazy weekend. Just the fact that you hosted 22 blows my mind. Was it all family?