anyone a size 18 and wanna be a size 8/10

Options

Replies

• roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's me! I keep saying this is it but I don't stick! My closet is so full of clothes I can't fit into and I swear I'm not gonna buy anymore clothes! The want is there but doing it is another story. I keep thinking what is wrong with me? I know I can do it so why don't I just do it?
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    you can do it:) i started in an 18-20 on aug 2nd of this year and i am now in a 12-13 depending if i buy juniors or misses sizes
  • missjazzj
    Options
    Just want to say it can be done!!! I put on weight after having my children, and at the heaviest weighed almost 12 and half stone and I'm only 5'4 - cant tell you dress size that was as I stopped buying clothes at that point! I'm now a size 8-10............. you can do it!!
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Me! I had my first baby August 23rd and I can't get this baby weight off of me fast enough! I feel horrible. Everyone said the pounds would just melt off with breast-feeding, but I'm finding that isn't so much the case with me. I'm taking my time and losing slowly (to the tune of just 4 pounds over the last 3 weeks) so as to not affect my supply, but it is SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. My sister is getting married in July 2012 and I am determined to be at least at my pre-pregnancy weight by then. If serious about being a fitness pal during this, feel free to message me with a friend request.
  • lmpardon
    Options
    I don't invest in clothes waiting to go back to 10. Holidays are coming and time for avoidance better than small sampling.
  • jenibean42
    Options
    I started as a size 20/22 (prior to when i was loosing weight before i started on here) and now im a 16. Just keep the faith! you will get there! And go on measurements and weight not the number on the label... Fashion manufacture's only have certain guidelines against the patterns they make. Ever found your a smaller size in one store than in another...? thats the reason why! Work against a healthy weight goal not the size of your clothes!

Ive got a friend size 6/8 who was devistated she had to buy a 12 in her winter coat this year.... Its all about the manufacturing of the clothes. NOT you body! so keep focused on the weight loss... not the side of your clothes! xx
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    thanx will do i think from today im gunna stop trying them on as its just makin me get stressed hopefully ill try em on end of december and they will be baggy!! lol in a dream
  • cpldjski
    cpldjski Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you didn't put the weight on overnight and it isn't going to come off overnight. I started at an 18/20 11 months ago. I am in a 12 now and still have another 20 lbs to go. It is possible if you put in the hard work and determination. Good luck to you. I am sure we will be seeing a "Success" post from you before too long. :)
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    oh thankyou so much gosh i hope i get to a 12 in eleven months i would be so happy you have done fab congrats!!! and the very best ov luck!!
  • sunkis1769
    sunkis1769 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ME!!! I used to be a size 8 or 9.. That is my ultimate goal! Right now my 18s are getting big. They are huge in my legs and butt, but still snug around the waist thanks to my lovely muffin I cannot get rid of! Feel free to add me!!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I was a size 18/20 back when I started in March 2011. I am now down to a size 12!!! It can be done. I'm hoping to get down to a size 8! I can't remember the last time I was a size 8.... maybe never. Just keep eating healthy and exercising... it can be done. And don't get discouraged in the beginning when you lose weight, but you don't seem to drop clothes sizes. I lost 35lbs and was still in a size 16 and was disappointed, but.... it happens.... slowly.

Good luck in your journey!
  • joshanti81
    joshanti81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 20 now (started at a tight 24) I want to be a size 8/10. I know we can do it!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    11 months ago i was a size 18 (UK) and have been that size for a few years, with loosing 39lbs aince january 2011, i have now dropped 2 clothes sizes, im now a 14 (UK).. I still have a way to go yet before i reach my goal weight and im hopeing to fit into a size 8/10 by christmas 2012 at least!! :D good luck to everyone :) x
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Your profile sounds just like me except I have no kids yet!
    I started as an '18 but should really be in a 20', have done 11lbs so far and 18's fit nicely now.
    How tall are you? I'm 5'4 and my weight / size changes in the past are around 25lbs per size, im expecting to be in a 16 around 205 lbs, 14 at 190, 12 at 165 and 10 at 140. Not sure I'll get much below that but will see how it goes.
    This could be totally out now though clothes sizes could have changed it must be 10 years since I fit in a 10!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started in a size 18/20/XL/XXL, and 15 months later was in a size 6/8/10/12, depending on the brand and cut. (12 for dresses mostly).
    It is VERY possible. I worked at this slowly, and 5 years later, have maintained an almost 60 pound loss.
    Kaye
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    you can do it! i started at an 18 and I'm a 12 now, only a few more sizes to go
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    im 5'4 and my weight is 217.8 ive lost 18lbs but dont know were as you really cant tell!! so i fit in a size 18 i know i dont fit a sixteen!!!!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Girl I started at a 20W (was probably a 22W) and am now in a regular 14 and they are quickly becoming too big! Slow and steady wins the race. I'm aiming for an 8. I set the weight at 130, but seriously if I can get to an 8 and feel I can maintain at 150 or 160 I'll take it. I know I'm more muscular now than I was when I was 135 and a size 8. Stay on course and before you know it you'll be closer to your goal than you ever thought you would be!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I was a size 16-18 and am now a 2-4. Yes, it took years. But those years were going to happen anyway.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    **WAVES** over here! I started at a very very snug maternity 22 .. 60 lbs later I'm a normal 18/20.. sigh My goal is about a size 8/10.. it seems so far away