Ladies-How Did You Tone Your Butt & Thighs??

Options
Im having an issue toning up butt and thigh jiggle. I have 2 months before my husband comes home and i gotta get it done. I have a 6 pack and everything above my waist is toned-no love handles at all. I eat healthy. But I need to start running or doing something for lower body. Ideas??

Replies

• aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    lift, lots of ployo and remeber like your abs you can't spot reduce...
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    True. I lost 35lbs from all over but Im not really sure how to go about or what to do with my whole body to "spot reduce" an area that cannot be spot reduced lol i hear running is key
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lots of squats, lunges and plyos. The jiggle is fat so lots of cardio for caloric burn and of course watch your meals
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs DVD!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I noticed a serious change in my legs with squats and lunges. I was swapping between Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD and Jillian Michaels 30DS level 2. There are so many leg workouts between those two that I can actually do lunges now with my back knee practically hitting the ground. When I first started, I could barely do 8 in a row the easy way. And my cellulite is hardly noticeable, I actually have to squeeze my leg to see it, where before this, I could just stand up and you could see some.
  • crobinson0923
    Options
    BUTT BIBLE! 6 week program... you have time before he gets home
  • dorairwin
    Options
    The jiggle is my problem now ,,, :sad:
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My legs have changed alot since I started running and doing - HIIT
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I do all of my cardio on the elliptical, and that seems to be making a huge difference for me. Good luck, and happy hubby-reunion!
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges!
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    hmm, I'd think some lunges and some bicycling would help.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Running, HIIT, plyometrics, squats, lunges and deadlifts.
  • CJChavez1971
    CJChavez1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics.....plyometrics.....eating right.....I do a calisthenic routine found in fitness magazine and thighs dont rub together anymore when I walk! and they continue to improve. When your body gets used to it, find a new routine. I also do a lot of walking everywhere, constantly using my legs....
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats! Load up that olympic bar and squat "*kitten* to grass" ;) Okay, well start off small if you've never done it before-- but you'll work your way up fast!

Deadlifts are also helpful in working the leg muscles.

I've noticed my butt seriously perking up since I started squatting heavy a few months ago. Didn't see ANY results from running alone... if anything it got flatter for awhile. My thighs are toning up as well, actually showing muscle definition, and they've always been a trouble spot for me. Give it a shot!
  • angieisslim4ever
    Options
    squat squat squat ,jogging :P
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    running, squats, lunges and yoga and you'll have some killer gams and hams :)
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Firm video series is Awesome!! (www.firmdirect.com) It combines aerobics/weights/lower body exercises. They guarantee visible results in 10 workouts!! My favourites are: Get Chisle'd, High Def Sculpt, 500 calorie workout (which I usually burn 600+), Burn and Shape, Total Body Time Crunch. I've been using them since I was 19 (14+ years - yikes!!) and I've tried other videos, but I keep coming back to them :smile:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, GHR's, Squats, Box Jumps
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The kickboxing and step fitness class I go to have helped with mine! They incorporate lots of lunges, squats and kicks! My thighs have toned up so much in the past 3 months! I love them! Good luck!
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do lunges, regular, side lunges (criss cross ones), walking lunges, and ones while holding a 5lbs weight. I also do those donkey kicks I think they are called, and some ballet type moves. Shape magazine website has a great thigh and bum work out