Christmas Challenge 2011-Chit Chat

Options

Replies

• batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! I'm discouraged that it's coming off so slowly, but still keeping at it! I want to get to the "healthy" mark by Christmas, so I have a lot of work to do! I'm SO close to the 30 lbs mark & being in the 160s...I think once I hit that, it will really motivate me to keep going. Losing weight is a LOT of work...I swear I will NEVER put it back on! :)

I have been watching your story and encouraged how you keep at it!!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ^Thanks, girl! That really means a lot! I've never kept up the motivation for this long before, so I hope that means I'm going to stick it out to the end this time & keep it off forever! :) We can do it!!!

My weigh-in today is 169.2, down 3 from last week! I'm pretty pumped about being in the 160s for the first time in 11 years (since I was 15!) My Christmas goal is looking possible...I've gotta stay away from all the holiday sweets! :)
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Challenges help me to keep focus through a crazy time.

Week 5 (10/23)- 221
    Week 6 (10/30)- 219 (-2)
    Week 7 (11/6)- 219 (-0) (-2)
    Week 8 (11/13)- 216 (-3) Bought Wii Fit Plus to help bump up through the holidays!
    Week 9 (11/20)-
    Week 10 (11/27)-
    Week 11 (12/4)-
    Week 12 (12/11)-
    Week 13 (12/18)-
    Week 14 (12/25)-

Goal weight- 209
    NWG (non weight goal)- move more!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling too, but I am really trying to just take it one day at a time. I am nervous about thanksgiving weekend because I will be seeing all my family. I am going to just try and be perfect until next thursday, and then just do my best while Im home.

Everyone still hang in there! Its a struggle but I know it will be worth it.
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm back again as well. I had missed logging the last two Sundays as I was on vacation in St Lucia (have updated the spreadsheet now, however). I weighed when I got back from St Lucia and am at 137.4 from 132.8. 4.6lbs up, yikes! Maybe some is water weight? I'm back on the wagon now though and still determined to get down before Christmas but so frustrating...
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Didn't weigh last weekend due to bloating :wink: but this weekend down 2 more pounds. :smile:
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Three weeks at 168.5lbs. I'm not doing anything different. Still exercising a lot and under calorie goal. I've lowered my target to 1.5lb to see if the extra calories help. I wanted to be 161 for Christmas. Not sure if that will happen now.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal (yay!) but am going to continue working at it and see where I end up!

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too am back. I have to be accountable for my actions and just say that I haven't been tracking my food. I have been good about exercize and kind of watching what I eat, but as the numbers show, that combination does NOT equal losing weight. The last week or so, getting off track had really got me down, but I decided that it's OK that I won't make my original goal for Christmas. I need to do the best I can from here on out, so I've regrouped, modified my Christmas goal with the idea that there are still 5 weeks left, so I can still lose about 10 pounds if I really focus.

Every other time I have ever tried to lose weight I would have given up at this very moment. The moment when it starts getting hard, but knowing that I committed to this challenge and that there is that spreadsheet with my name on it and several empty spaces (now filled in) made me come back and remember why I started all this.

So, thank you for keeping me accountable, and to everyone else who as struggle these last few weeks, keep at it. Remember why you started this JOURNEY, and refocus yourself on those reasons.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo - reached my goal, but still have some more to lose! Thanks everyone, so grateful for this group!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    SW (9/18)- 250.8

Week 1 (9/25)- 249.4
    Week 2 (10/2)- 249.0
    Week 3 (10/9)- 248.0
    Week 4 (10/16)- 247.2
    Week 5 (10/23)- 247.2
    Week 6 (10/30)- 246.0
    Week 7 (11/6)- 247.0
    Week 8 (11/13)- 245.4
    Week 9 (11/20)- 245.0
    Week 10 (11/27)-
    Week 11 (12/4)-
    Week 12 (12/11)-
    Week 13 (12/18)-
    Week 14 (12/25)-

Goal weight- 215lbs by Christmas!
    NWG (non weight goal)- Exercise while watching The Biggest Loser this season!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    whoo hoo - reached my goal, but still have some more to lose! Thanks everyone, so grateful for this group!

Awesome work! I'm happy for you!
  • UCONNCOED
    Options
    I have reached my goal (yay!) but am going to continue working at it and see where I end up!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Congrats!!! Goal completed a month early!!
  • UCONNCOED
    Options

Awesome job! I better get movinnn
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Still no change for me this week. Got 5 weeks left. I'm going to try to make the most of it. No way to meet my goal though.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    down 1.6 lbs this week....down 40lbs in 3 months....so very proud:smile:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've plateaued and don't think I'll make my goal. I've adjusted my settings to lose 1/2 lb per week which won't get me to 140 by Christmas but at least I'll stop getting so frustrated and going way over my calories. I'll get there :)

In other news, I was admiring myself this morning! I look gooood haha.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Trying to make myself a comeback, but with the stressful things going on in my life, its been on the tough side of things. I've been going up and down on the scale, was getting a little depressed, but I know, it will be okay.

Again, here's the the link to the spreadsheet. Wtg on all those loses and those who have maintained or gained, we can do this!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AikR9MNTIhNGdE8zeUMybGRCTHdrcFdfT1pBUkpwMHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Christmas is just a litte over 4 weeks away, we can do this! I think I was aiming too high for my Christmas wish, but I am not giving up! Also, I will be checking up on a few people, still looks like we have lost part of our group. :frown:

KatiaR & Batgirl-WTG on reaching your goal!!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What do you guys think of for the last 4 weeks, weekly mini challenges? Let me know your thoughts! We can do this!! :drinker:
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Katia & Batgirl for making their goals! WOO HOO!!!! :)

Bluerose, I'm sorry you've been stressed out. I hope it will get better!

As of today, I am FINALLY at my halfway mark to my ultimate goal! I'm pretty excited. If tomorrow's weigh in is similar to today, I will still have 7 lbs to make it to my goal for the challenge. It is doable, but it is getting really hard for me to drop 2 lbs a week. My settings tell me I can only lose 1.7 or so max a week, & everything has definitely slowed down the last month. But I will try my best! :)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I still have another Thanksgiving dinner today & tomorrow! We used to do 3 in one day, but they spread it out for us this year so we won't be as worn out. It's good that we will be able to enjoy each one & not have to rush off, but BAD that that's 3 separate days that I know I will probably not stay in my calories!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    SW (9/18)- 250.8

Week 1 (9/25)- 249.4
    Week 2 (10/2)- 249.0
    Week 3 (10/9)- 248.0
    Week 4 (10/16)- 247.2
    Week 5 (10/23)- 247.2
    Week 6 (10/30)- 246.0
    Week 7 (11/6)- 247.0
    Week 8 (11/13)- 245.4
    Week 9 (11/20)- 245.0
    Week 10 (11/27)- 246.0
    Week 11 (12/4)-
    Week 12 (12/11)-
    Week 13 (12/18)-
    Week 14 (12/25)-

Goal weight- 215lbs by Christmas!
    NWG (non weight goal)- Exercise while watching The Biggest Loser this season!