Turbo Jammers 4/20-4/26

Options

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about walking buddies too. I usually go by myself with my MP3 attached. My daughter used to go with me but I would sing along with my MP3 and it would embarrass her (gotta make sure I can still talk right). I mean we live in the country for goodness sakes, whose gonna hear:laugh: I said to her "You know God says to make a joyful noise". She says "I don't think this is what he would consider joyful".....oh well.....kinda like it better by myself anyway :glasses:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I know what you mean about walking buddies too. I usually go by myself with my MP3 attached. My daughter used to go with me but I would sing along with my MP3 and it would embarrass her (gotta make sure I can still talk right). I mean we live in the country for goodness sakes, whose gonna hear:laugh: I said to her "You know God says to make a joyful noise". She says "I don't think this is what he would consider joyful".....oh well.....kinda like it better by myself anyway :glasses:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I can just hear my 12 y/o daughter saying the same thing!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options

LMBO!

Checking in w/ P,K, &J for the day...it had been awhile for that one. Felt awesome!!!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Checking in with Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam. I even got my husband to join me in AJ, I was trying not to laugh, so cute! Not your usual "guy" sort ab exercises.

Have a good evening!
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello Jammers

Glad to see everyone going strong! I didn't manage a workout today just took a rest day with no kids .. and tonight I took a walk with my friend! So Becky is back in business!! Yippee!!:bigsmile:

I weighed myself and after a bad cold and a weekend in the city I managed to break even! Whew!:tongue:

Have a great night you all .. talk to ya later:drinker:

Becky!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options

My son would say the same thing!! In fact when I sing in my own house or car he covers his ears.

Great job on the workouts ladies! Becky glad you are feeling better.

I got a "job." I'm kind of excited. I will mostly be working from home and I'm trying to figure out how to balance home and work. I've told my boss that my hours will mostly be between 12 and 3 while my son is in school and for the last 2 days she has either been calling or texting before 9 am....UGH! I know in my line of work every minute counts and things need to be done immediately, it's just the name of the game, but in order for this to work for ME I need them to respect my hours! Regardless until I find a balance my time on the thread may have to be cut drastically :cry: But it's not just this website its all of them. I'm going to have to trim the "fun" time :ohwell: But this is really what I need right now....money money money. We are trying to plan a trip to Disneyland in October for my son's 7th birthday and the money I can make over the summer will help a lot!!

Lots to do today. Need to get my workout in, go get my hair cut and colored, going walking tonight. Tomorrow we have a "Fun Run" in the morning for my son's school. I'm excited.

I need to get busy. Hope you all have a great day!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Lyn, congrats an good luck with the job! I hope the hours work out for you. :drinker:

Becky, glad you're back to 100% :flowerforyou:

DH and I started Chalean Extreme this week. I've been getting up at 5:30 to do it with him before he goes to work (Janet, see what a bad influence you are on me! :laugh: ) The workouts are all weights, about 35 mins, so I'm using that as my strength training. I just finished CP3 and Ab Jam now. Tonight's ice cream night at our house, so I needed the calorie burn!

Have a great evening everyone!
    :heart:
  • naugustyniak
    Options

My son would say the same thing!! In fact when I sing in my own house or car he covers his ears.

I got a "job." I'm kind of excited. I will mostly be working from home and I'm trying to figure out how to balance home and work. I've told my boss that my hours will mostly be between 12 and 3 while my son is in school and for the last 2 days she has either been calling or texting before 9 am....UGH! I know in my line of work every minute counts and things need to be done immediately, it's just the name of the game, but in order for this to work for ME I need them to respect my hours! Regardless until I find a balance my time on the thread may have to be cut drastically :cry: But it's not just this website its all of them. I'm going to have to trim the "fun" time :ohwell: But this is really what I need right now....money money money. We are trying to plan a trip to Disneyland in October for my son's 7th birthday and the money I can make over the summer will help a lot!!

Lots to do today. Need to get my workout in, go get my hair cut and colored, going walking tonight. Tomorrow we have a "Fun Run" in the morning for my son's school. I'm excited.

Congrats on the job. I work from home also. I do medical transcription. It was kind of hard to manage my time at first but I am better at it now. I have been doing it for about 12 years off and on. I did it mostly when my kids were small so I could be home with them when they got sick or wanted me to go on field trips or when they got home from school. I took a break to work in the "real world" for about 1 1/2 years (needed some people time) but found out I "don't play well with others" and am back home. SMARTEST MOVE I EVER MADE.

No TJ today. My knees really hurt when I try to do it. I am gonna work on the basement this weekend and see if concrete versus carpet will help me out. Have a great weekend everybody.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Family,
    Checking in w/ 20min so far for today. CP3 or PK & J on for tonight before dinner! Glad to see everyone getting ready for a fantastic weekend!!
    Becky - Glad you are feeling better !! Keep taking care of yourself !!

Drevans - A new JOB; What wonderful news. I'm sure you'll find your balance!!

Megan - 530am??!!!!! Way to go, girl on your early AM workout and the additional calorie burn from CP3 and AB Jam ~ you rock:drinker: Now go enjoy your ice cream:laugh:

Hi to everyone I missed ~ it's a glorious day and we've all got so much to be happy about ~ as Chalene says:wink:

Make it a great day,
    Janet:heart:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Becky, glad you are feeling better!

Lyn, congrats on the job and best of luck:flowerforyou:

WTG on those workouts Janet and Megan:drinker:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options

Congrats on the job. I work from home also. I do medical transcription. It was kind of hard to manage my time at first but I am better at it now. I have been doing it for about 12 years off and on. I did it mostly when my kids were small so I could be home with them when they got sick or wanted me to go on field trips or when they got home from school. I took a break to work in the "real world" for about 1 1/2 years (needed some people time) but found out I "don't play well with others" and am back home. SMARTEST MOVE I EVER MADE.

No TJ today. My knees really hurt when I try to do it. I am gonna work on the basement this weekend and see if concrete versus carpet will help me out. Have a great weekend everybody.

Sorry about the knees...I hope you can find out which will work best for you!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    I'll planning on TS and something else later...not sure what. Anyone else watch Survivor...they talked about Capoeira!!!!
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Jamstars!!

I am checking in with Turbo Sculpt!! Feel the burn .. man do I love being healthy!! :drinker:

Lyn ... Congrats on the new job .. hope it goes well!
    Megan & Janet .. Great job on the early morning workouts!! I love sleep way to much .. maybe one day when my babies are no longer babies!!:yawn:

To everyone else!! Keep up the great jamming!:flowerforyou:

I am heading out to a movie with friends tonight .. super excited!!:bigsmile:

Have a great weekend everyone .. toodles!
    Becky
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    I have a question about turbo sculpt. I really haven't looked at the DVD yet. Is it all scupting or is there cardio also? I am having problems with my knees doing the Burn and wondered if the sculpt would be something I could do along with my treadmill that might not hurt my knees.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I have a question about turbo sculpt. I really haven't looked at the DVD yet. Is it all scupting or is there cardio also? I am having problems with my knees doing the Burn and wondered if the sculpt would be something I could do along with my treadmill that might not hurt my knees.

No cardio, but there's a lot of lunges & squats. You have to be really careful with your form not to be mean to your knees with this one. If you're having problems with your knees with Burn, check you form. Get a mirror out (if you have one) and see how close you are in holding the same form with the people in the video. Whenever my knee started hurting it was b/c I was kicking the wrong way. HTH!
  • megan0313
    Options

Sorry your knees are bothering you! Here's something that helped me alot...because mine used to hurt working out on the carpet. I got a cheap pair of jazz shoes (like from Payless for about $10). They're smooth on the bottom and when I do twists, ect, I don't wrench my knees at all now.
    :flowerforyou:
  • naugustyniak
    Options

No cardio, but there's a lot of lunges & squats. You have to be really careful with your form not to be mean to your knees with this one. If you're having problems with your knees with Burn, check you form. Get a mirror out (if you have one) and see how close you are in holding the same form with the people in the video. Whenever my knee started hurting it was b/c I was kicking the wrong way. HTH!

I have problems mainly when I do the stance (where you tuck your tailbone). I mean it hurts really bad. I tried standing with my back against the wall to make sure I was doing it right and it still hurt. Maybe I am not supposed to be a Turbo Jammer :sad:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am just dropping in with a quick

:flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flowerforyou: to Lyn for tomorrow :laugh: !!

I will be back properly on Monday for a brand new week!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Family,

Happy Birthday to Drevans!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hope your day is amazing. It's my Mother in Law's birthday too, so I'll be checking in on her a little later....

I took it easy yesterday, only got in 20min in the morning but I ended up moving furniture last night hopefully that counted for something,:laugh: DH had a "pass it on" circular sofa that belonged to his sister delivered yesterday around 730p. She's so funny, she used it for like 6 mos ......and then wanted another one because of some really minor defect. Anyway, were are now the recipients of a really big(for our space), beautiful, practically new sofa!! DH and I were rearranging things for probably an hour and 1/2 after the movers left.. Oh, and our old sofa/ love seat had to go - we gave those to the moving men - everyone got blessed,LOL!! Did you know that there's dust behind and underneath sofas when you move them???? I was cleaning the tile for a while too ~ I know that counts for something!!!

I tried something I saw on Biggest Loser and it was actually pretty good. When I go to Subway I always get oil and vinegar and a little light mayo on my sammich - I always have, I love mayo. Well, Jillian said to try just the vinegar and mustard. (just a little tangy.. right??) Well I did, on a veggie delight w/ swiss, and it was great! So if you go to Subway like I do ~ at least once or 2x a week, that's "fast food" for me, and you're trying to shave off some calories/fat and still have some taste, give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. You geniuses have probably already figured this out:laugh: but it's kind of cool for me to find out my favorite sandwich can still taste good without my favorite fixin!
    If (when) I can get DH off of the new couch I will be doing PK & J, AB Jam and 20 min sometime this morning!!
    Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend,
    Janet:heart:
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ladies!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I am so happy that I read this thread!!
    I ordered the TJ dvds and got more than I expected! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I got them yesterday and did the learn and bearn today!!! OMG I am sweating like I've been in a sauna.
    The workout was fun, so fun I could hardly believe it :noway:

I love the music, she's down to earth. And I feel like I got a serious 20 minute workout along with the short 10 minutes it took to learn the moves.

I took my measurements on 4.23 so I cannot wait to see where I am in a month!

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Happy Birthday Drevan!!! :flowerforyou: