Inter-racial families/couples

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm white and my husband is Korean. And our cat is black.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm white and my husband is Korean. And our cat is black.

lol
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm white & husband is Thai. our son is a gorgeous luuk krueng.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm Mexican and my ex husband is White of primarily English descent. My son can go either way, he's right in the middle. He has light hair with my complexion and he has my eyes with his father's facial structure.
    He never gets sick and his father says its his "hybrid vigor" lol.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My first husband was Mexican American, so my two oldest children are half white/half Hispanic.

They are both "puro Mexicano", and I often got asked if they were my kids or if I was babysitting. I'm Scottish/Irish, so I have freckles and a fair complexion with light eyes. They both have dark complexions with dark eyes.

My youngest is in a relationship with an African American girl and my oldest has always dated white girls.

When my son was a baby, he looked more White than he does now and so I'd get asked if I was his nanny. I suppose I should of been offended but I always got a laugh out of it.
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    I'm white, my husband is black. Genetics is interesting as each of our three kids are a different skin color. I'm as white as a gallon of milk and look ridiculous with them on a beach - lol!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My dad is Irish/Mexican and my mom is full-blooded Mexican. So I'm half and half! :laugh: (Though I tend to celebrate St. Patty's day more than Cinco de Mayo...sorry Cinco de Mayo :ohwell: )

And because of my half and half my friend calls me Mexican-ish! :laugh:
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The majority of my nieces and nephews are interracial. (white mother, black or spanish father) And I love them all to pieces! :happy:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    <
    tragic mulatto
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm loving reading this thread! I'm white and my boyfriend is black. And there aren't many interracial couples in Memphis, so it's lovely to "meet" all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 1/3 Puerto Rican, 1/3 African American [his mother] and 1/3 Indian. I'm Puerto Rican American [was born in New York, my mom was born in Puerto Rico and my dad in New York].
  • StellaBby10
    Options
    Well I'm not in a relationship but, my son is half white, half black. light skinned, light brown TIGHT curly hair and green eyes... gorgeous. mixed baby's are beautiful.
    Too bad the baby daddy's never been around to see him!!!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Dad:African American and mom is Caucasian
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am part native american and part Scottish, Irish, British, and German. My bio-dad was part Native American. My husband is Chinese. Nice to see so many interacial people here and interacial couples.
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My fiancee is African American, I'm Irish, Scottish, French, English, Italian and German: I definitely took on the Irish/Scottish features, pale skin, freckles etc.

My fiancee's niece had three children with a young man who is Puerto Rican. The oldest has dark brown hair with large curls, brown eyes and a dark complexion. The middle child has light brown hair with tight curls, bright blue eyes and a slightly tanned complexion (when I take him out, everyone thinks he's mine because we look A LOT alike.). The youngest who was just born about a month ago, has blondish hair (???) and blue eyes with a very light complexion. The more she had the lighter they got. They have some of the same facial features but if you didn't know they were related, you probably wouldn't guess.

I can't wait to see what our children are going to look like!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    My fiance tells everyone he's in an interracial relationship...but I don't consider myself Native American. He's as English as English gets, and I'm metis. But I was raised white and catholic. I don't see native in me, he does though by my skin tone, color of hair and my eyes. The freaky part is, my step-son looks more like me because he's so dark, than his dad who is white as a ghost.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My son is bi-racial. His dad (who unfortunately has never been a part of his life) is Black and I'm White. He has such pretty hair when he lets it go natural. I used to take one of his curls and stretch it out and let it spring back while saying "stretch it out; springs right back." :laugh: Unfortunately he always perms it straight. :frown: He has such pretty eyes and has always gotten compliments about them. They are hazel (brown/green) in color.
  • nakabi
    Options
    mixed baby's are beautiful.

I agree 100%!!!!!! :)
  • nakabi
    Options
    I'm loving reading this thread! I'm white and my boyfriend is black. And there aren't many interracial couples in Memphis, so it's lovely to "meet" all of you. :flowerforyou:

nice to "meet" you too :)
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My brothers and I are English/Irish. One of my brothers is married to an asian woman (not petite - she's very tall as is he) and they just had the most adorable little boy in July. He's going to be a heart breaker! He got the best features from both of them. My boyfriend is full Portuguese and his sister is having a baby with her white husband (I'm not sure his ethnicity exactly) and I'm excited to see their baby so I have a glimpse of the future.