Cutting Back Alcohol

Options

Replies

• mbmempireranch
    Options
    Wildcat ! That is awesome :) Great for you !!!! Well I'm not doing too good.. BUT I am happy to report, not drinking a WHOLE bottle of wine each night LOL.. Mon night I had One beer... Tue night 2 beers and then I figured out the calories in the CRAFT brew I was driking OMG ! Lastnight measured out my 2 - 4 oz glasses of red wine, logged them in and closed the bottle :) So that's a step. I have been doing some extreme thinking about it though let me tell you ! So today I worked on some goals and one goal is NOT to drink ANYTHING during the week, Monday - Thursday and ONLY on the weekends if we are attending a special event, such as a bbq, etc. at LEAST until I hit my goal weight or June 5th which ever comes first ;)

I'm ready to do this !

I will be on the computer like forever now so I can keep my hand's busy LOL...

You and I should come up with an official thread.. I am telling you the NOWHINERS would Be GREAT ! Or the NO WINERS but sort of looks like wieners LOL ! And well... LMAO:noway:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes! I like No Winers! My first goal is the no wine Monday through Thursday too. So far so good this week. I am planning to have wine Friday and Saturday but not on Sunday. Eventually I'd like to get to only for special occasions but baby steps, right? You're doing great, I have the same problem, if I open a bottle I'm not usually done until it's gone. :blushing: I tell myself I'll only have two but then I conveniently "forget" I've told myself that. Of course, then there is the morning when I feel guilty because I didn't keep my promise to myself. So...Good luck to us! :drinker: (water, water, yes, that's water in that glass) :bigsmile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!! :laugh:

How will everyone try to be good on their alcohol intake this weekend? Weekdays are much easier!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!

I love red wine... a bit too much. And I've noticed that since I've lost weight I am not good at knowing my limits (which seems to be a lot lower now). So I'll have a few glasses, feel pretty sober and then it will hit me all at once.

Also, I want to quit smoking and for me the 2 go hand in hand. At least in the beginning there is no way I will be successful at quitting smoking if I am still drinking.

Wish me luck!

Warning --- I may be moodier than usual for a while :laugh:
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Good luck Kat, I know how they go hand in hand. I didn't even start smoking until I turned 21 because they went together so well! I haven't smoked for years however so I have conquered that! Knowing I did that gives me the confidence to know I can conquer this as well.

I succeeded with my goals this week. No alcohol Monday through Thursday. :drinker: I am planning to share a bottle with a friend tonight and tomorrow but then back to none on Sunday through Thursday next week.

Take care and have a good weekend everyone, they are the "worse" for going without or cutting back. :bigsmile:

Kat
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    I know its hard to cut out alcohol, something is always coming up around here. A birthday or a anniversary or say in about a week cinco de mayo is here and you know there will be tequila involved and its just a waste of calories. So good luck i know i need it also. :smile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Okay, I really REALLY need to get on board this thread! Drinking totally kills my diet! I am looking to stop entirely though because I have realized I just can't have one or two, doesn't work for me at all. Do you mind if I join? I am on day 1!!! Here I go...........

Laura:drinker:
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Welcome Laura, good luck! :drinker:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Thanks Wildcat! I really need this! I am so ready!

Laura
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Hi Laura !!! Welcome !!! Everyone is welcome and it seems like there are ALOT Of us out there ;)

But we are doing something about it, that's the important thing !!!

Should I start a New thread everyone called the NO WINERS ??? Or NO WINE ABOARD !! LOL

I have a feeling our group will grow quite large ;)
  • KristiMMM
    KristiMMM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im sooo in. I stopped drinking from Jan 1st til my bday on March 4th and I lost 30 pounds in that time. Now that I drink again its so much harder to get to the gym and then I have that whole lose of inhibitions followed by dennys or steak n shake thing going on that doesnt help either.
    Do you know how hard it is to work out with a hangover... yeah. I need to chill out for awhile again.
    So Yeah def. need some support on not doing so much of this>>>>:drinker:
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    I, too, am trying to cut out the booze!! I am not drinking (mostly) Monday thru Thursday. When I drink, I try to have one glass of water for each glass of wine I drink...needless to say, you end up feeling really full from all the water!! I also make sure the wine is in the fridge so I have to do a little more work before I get another glass!!!

Hope this helps!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am not a member of this group support, but since I have been out on a business conference, not only have I ate bad but we had open bar a few times and filled in the gaps with "networking" at the bar in the hotel. So I came back to my scale today and was up 5+ lbs.............ugh, hoping some comes off as I got back to they gym today but my struggle continues like the rest of you!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Hey all:bigsmile: .

So my friend decided around 9 days ago to give up wine until she lost five pounds and then she would treat herself to some wine and then lose five more etc. Well it only took one week of not drinking a glass or two of wine every night to lose the five pounds! It is amazing how much weight you gain drinking.

I lose all inhibitions when I drink. I can work out no problem for 1.5 hours hard, eat well, have a glass of wine and eat EVERYTHING in the stinking house. It goes to show how it can ruin all the hard work we put in.

Anyway here it is day one, Friday night, and I am drinking Aquafina flavour splash, raspberry. Even went to Boston Pizza had the delicious alternative salmon and no wine.

Don't know if any off you follow Carl's blog from Beachbody (he's the CEO) but he wrote a great post today and there was a quote, "We must all suffer from one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons." So true. I can not drink the wine and feel great or drink it and feel guilty and angry with myself the next day. I choose discipline from now on :wink: .

So onwards and upwards!
    Laura
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Day two in the bag! Howz everyone's weekend going?

Laura:smile:
  • whospearedbill
    Options
    Yay!! Count me in! I drink tend to drink at least 3 beers every night(and a heck of alot more on the weekends). This is a great group! =)
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    :grumble:

well let's see.. Not well :) LOL !

but I also know that I will be giving up my wine for Good come Monday so today's wine tasting was ok ( oh did I mention we had to pick up our past wine club's bottles which was 9 BOTTLES :huh:

They are going in the wine cooler and come Monday, this girl is moving on !

I'm ready to Rock and i'm ready to do this :)
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Ok everyone.. I posted a new topic for us....

CBA AKA the No Winers !

that would be

CBA = Cutting back alcohol, the no winers ;)

Let's do this :)

I also posted my before photo ( shocking ) and my now photo on my profile :)

Let's do this girls ;)

We can !!!
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking MGD 64. Not bad, but not getting buzzed either. Eh.
  • heather93277
    Options
    I'm drinking MGD 64. Not bad, but not getting buzzed either. Eh.

It's a "near beer" forget the exact number but less than 3% alcohol, pretty sure hehe. My husband said the same thing before he found that out... he drank 12 and was like "where's the buzz???" haha :drinker: :bigsmile:

I got drunk last night. Oops :blushing: