cut out coffee?

Options

Replies

• beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I actually drink more coffee since starting this new way of life. I went from 1 cup a day to 3 cups a day. I have mine with splenda and I switched from cream to Carnation evaporated milk. Each cup is about 50 calories and I will NEVER give it up:)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Cut coffee???!!! Are you crazy or something???
    I would cut off my arm first.

LOL I agree.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Coffee gets dissed all the time, but studies have shown that high coffee consumption is linked with a decrease in Type 2 diabetes.

Also linked to decrease rates of Parkinson's, depression in older women,and liver cancer among other benefits. Also virtually no calories.

So unless you get heartburn or palpitations, why would you cut it out?
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I ut out coffee for 2 weeks just as a test of willpower due to the fact i was to dependant on it in the morning. Since then, Im back on it. I love it too much to give it up
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I cut it out and it was HARD. I drink green or fruit tea instead. I do not think a moderate amount of caffeine is bad. The problem is I can not drink it black. I wanted to cut out all refined sugar from my diet. I read so bad things about sugar substitute that I didn;t want to use those either.
    Without any sugar/sweetener, I couldn't drink it , so it had to go. Plus i realized , the trips to Tim Horton and other coffee places pose a threat of eating many other crap too.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I still drink coffee and I still put my favorite creamer in it. I usually have 3 cups of coffee and 3 T of creamer, and it's only about 105 calories so it fits into my plan fine. I don't think I'd give up coffee, it's like my dessert. lol
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee in the morning, Usually a skinny latte, its an addiction, but I would like to kick it! As it just costs me money :(
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have a skinny latte no sugar sah good
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    i have a skinny latte no sugar sah good

Same as me :) I cant drink coffee with sugar... sooooo gross
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I cut almost all caffeine out (coffee, tea, colas - I think I kept chocolate and chocolate drinks) a couple years back.

Once the 3 day headache subsided, I didn't really notice any change BUT after a year or so I thought back some and noticed I didn't get so much as a sniffle that whole year, even though my husband and kids got 3 or 4 colds during that time.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday and I am still losing weight.
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing lately so I've been giving it a try.
    At first I thought I could quit cold turkey so I went from having minimum 2 large double doubles a day to none at all. It was hell haha. I had migrains for a full week!
    So that quickly changed and have decided to ween myself off of it. Now I'm down to 1 coffee per day, usually only a medium with 1 milk and 1 sugar and I don't find myself craving it anymore!
    I've heard that drinking coffee can slow down your metabolism making it harder to lose weight, I have no idea if there's any truth to that but I have found that now that I've kicked the habit I have more energy and sleep much better too!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I cut it out for a couple weeks. I was having some digestive difficulties, and my doctor told me to stay away from acidic food and beverages, and she flat out told me no coffee. I had been having 4 mugs of half caf a day, so cutting it out all together was torture. She said I could have green tea to help with the withdrawal situation. I didn't have any caffeine withdrawal at all since I had the green tea, but I dearly missed my coffee. It did not affect my weight loss one way or the other.

I slowly reintroduced coffee to my diet as I started feeling better. Now I just dump a whole bunch of milk in it. The doc said I could have it with food, and it's better to have stuff mixed in it than to drink it black, because it is less acidic and easier to digest that way. So, half coffee and half milk is usually what I'm chugging these days. I'm trying to not drink 4 mugs a day anymore, but I did help myself to 3 today. (yikes)

Coffee does not substitute water for me, even though it is mostly water. I get dehydrated if I drink too much and forget to chug water.

I was told to not just sip on it all day like I had been doing. So, if I need an afternoon beverage, water is it. However, if I'm getting drowsy, I'll have some with a bunch of milk mixed in.
  • born4uuuu
    Options
    Coffee is both good for you and bad for you at thew same time.

If your going to work out in the next 2hrs do not drink coffee as it will dry you out and make you cramp up, yes sure some might say it makes them train better but try running on the tred mill with 2 cups or more of coffee in you and not stop or force yourself to carry on.

On the other hand it can really keep your body alert when it wants to go into the rest phase in the mid afternoon. Google coffee's pros and cons and have a look
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    i would never give it up.... the antioxidents are good for you - (provided you only have 1 or 2 cups per day).....

if it's caffeine - then go to decalf (usually on weekends) for me....
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the one thing I won't give up. I enjoy it and only really have 2 cups a day on average.
    Plus it helps to get things moving in the morning...
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee!

I went from coffee with cream and tons sugar, to no sugar.

Then I changed caffenated to non. Because I drink alot in a day (3-6 cups) and I am conscience about bone density that high caffeine diets can effect.

So now I do non caffenated, with cream. And do caffenated in moderation. I have noticed no difference. But I know it's better.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 cups of coffee a day and I don't want to stop. I love my coffee. I used to drink it with a lot of creamer but then I found a good coffee that I love and I have cut way, way back on the creamer or just drink it black.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 cups of coffee a day and I don't want to stop. I love my coffee. I used to drink it with a lot of creamer but then I found a good coffee that I love and I have cut way, way back on the creamer or just drink it black.
    what kind is it?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I had to cut out all caffeine a couple months ago due to a pretty bad ulcer and it was tough for a few days but I go over it quick. Now I have a decaf skinny vanilla latte in the morning at work to still have that "hot cup o' joe" but just no caffeine. There was no difference to my weight however my sleeping improved greatly. I wasn't a huge coffee drinker before to start ( maybe 2 cups a day or 1 cup and a cup of earl grey) but since I cut it all out I sleep soooo much better.

My treat now every 2nd night or so is a glass of caffeine free diet Pepsi. Partying like a rock star!!!