Thanksgiving day

Options
Can I tell you all, I am the most uncomfortable I have ever been!!! I have been on MFP for a little over 1 month. The last couple weeks I have buckled down and tried to keep my calories down and exercise. I feel like I have done pretty well……

So we went to my moms after I got off work today and I ate like I used to turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, Jell-O salad, pumpkin and apple pie!!!!! My thought going into this was its one day….. YUCK!!!! I feel so full and uncomfortable!!!! I have never had a full uncomfortable feeling ever in my life. I used to be able to eat and never get full.

So for me today was a small success and a wake up call….because I know I never want to feel this way again. I have finally felt uncomfortably full and I hate it. I have felt so great the last couple weeks!!! Even though the food today was fantastic it wasn’t worth it!!!!!

I am so thankful for MFP!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I feel you! I had turkey, stuffing, green beans, fruit, water...and I did great on that! But then, the apple pie...ugh. I feel SOOOO disgusting! Having leftovers tomorrow, but measuring it all out! Can't WAIT to get back to my routine and my gym this weekend!!!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Congrads, Great Job for noticing!! Self-awareness is a wonderful thing.

Happy Thanksgiving xoxxxo
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hey- that's great!! This is my second Thanksgiving on MFP. Last year I tried to be really "good" and was disappointed. This year I ate less and it was much easier!! It's become the new normal...
  • Blahrina
    Options
    i feel the same way! i said to myself that i could eat whatever i wanted since i was at work today (i work in a residential facility) and i wasn't with friends and family that it would make me feel better, but there i was using food to alter my mood! and of course it didn't work because i felt physically uncomfortable! looking forward to tomorrow and eating "normal" and going to the gym!
  • Kris10can
    Options
    I have noticed a change too.....still disappointed that I went over. I had so much self control earlier in the day....and then, I unleashed the dragons!!! Tomorrow will be a fix-it day for me! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!