Thanksgiving calorie totals

Options

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    5002 calories. It was good. Tomorrows workout is going to be nuts.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I ate one meal today, a little bit of everything I wanted.... and I must admit none of it was low-calorie! But I still came in at less that 1250! Of course everything was estimated, so it's probably plus or minus some. But I'm feeling pretty good about the day!

The only regret I have is that I didn't exercise.... unless you can to call running back and forth into the kitchen a million times exercise! Back on the right track tomorrow.

Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
  • Tjarvi
    Tjarvi Posts: 53
    Options
    I'd say about 1600 calories=(
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I added it up and it says around 1500 calories. I didn't eat anything else all day and I only ate one plate of food and a piece of cheesecake, so it's probably not that much off.
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had a goal not to eat over 2100 calories today, though I'm around 1600 or 1700 on a usual day. After dinner my calorie count is at 1640. I ran a Turkey Trot this morning and biked like 7 miles total, so I'm thinking I'm good.

Made all the food myself and was even able to have a cup of stove top (used I can't believe it's not butter spray in replace of butter and unless I'm mistaken it worked out to 110 calories per half cup with 250mg of sodium) Feel like I ate a feast and kept the food fairly healthy. My weakness is chicken skin so I had a bit of that which did not help. No deserts.

It seems like everyones done pretty amazing today, congrats!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I used the "Can't believe it's not butter" spray in my Stove top as well, I also used some in my mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons from the tub. I love mashed potatoes and I'm glad they tasted great with less fat and calories.

EDIT: I didn't even think of adjusting the calories in the dressing - great idea.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Had to guestimate nutritional information and amounts I ate, probably between 2500-3000 :D I call that a delicious success!
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    AND you have an awesome last name. Not that there's any reason I'd be saying that.

-Shawn H. ;)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I lost count :laugh: (probably did a lot of damage though) and busted out 2 workouts today whereas I usually just do 1.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    according to guessing from the mfp database and my exercise this morning I netted 2150
  • romashkinai1
    Options
    mine calories went over 2000 because I ate 4 different types of cakes! now my stomack is having not the best time.. i usually eat like 900-1100 cals a day, so this was really too much for me
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Yum can I get the cauliflower potato recipe that sounds awesome. I made pumpkin pie and substituted half the sugar with Stevia. It came out perfect. Wasn't sure if I could do just the stevia.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    4123!!! The most calories I've had in my 180 days in MFP! I met my goal for the day......to enjoy everything and everyone, and not to worry one iota about what I ate, and to just be honest about logging it. What a wonderful day!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    1984 with 87 calories leftover, ate those exercise calories today. :laugh:
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    I ate one meal today, a little bit of everything I wanted.... and I must admit none of it was low-calorie! But I still came in at less that 1250! Of course everything was estimated, so it's probably plus or minus some. But I'm feeling pretty good about the day!

The only regret I have is that I didn't exercise.... unless you can to call running back and forth into the kitchen a million times exercise! Back on the right track tomorrow.

Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I regret I didn't get more excercise either besides being on me feet for two days preparing and then cooking today. I was at my max calories today but I am usually lower. I am not letting it get to me, can't do anything about it now. I did pretty good about not having seconds but it was the extra bites off my son's plate and daughters plate (stuffing, 2 bites, yam - 2 bites) that put me over. I do hate this stuffed feeling.. water galore to rid myself of the salt and have to do my Leslie Sansone dvd tomorrow
  • td03692
    Options
    I total alittle under 1500, it helped that i shared my dessert with my husband
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    1678! Not too shabby! I didn't eat a thing all day because I knew it was gonna be BIG!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My total today was 3,778, 2627 of that from dinner. I normally consume 1400 cal so today was a big day. :)

I had small portions, didn't clean my plate, and no seconds, but I did have 4 glasses of wine and lots of sweets. I ran my first 5k this morning and then ate a 995 calorie high carb, high fat late breakfast. I was satisfied with my eating today, and although I'm trying to get away from getting emotional gratification from food, breakfast did make me happy (even happier than THG sweets later). I just wish I hadn't burned the roof of my mouth on literally the first thing I ate at breakfast! I also overdid it on wheat and my body let me know.

Today it's just one day, and I'm not too concerned about one day of triple calories. Tomorrow is back to normal: hitting the gym to lift and no leftovers.

Great job everyone!
  • mylifex2
    Options
    didn't log today because I mostly just snacked here and there...for dinner i focused on turkey and raw vegetables...as a snack later at home i ate a very small plate of some various items...i would guesstimate by calorie total to be around 800 for the day...a little more than i usually eat, so not so bad for thanksgiving.
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    mine calories went over 2000 because I ate 4 different types of cakes! now my stomack is having not the best time.. i usually eat like 900-1100 cals a day, so this was really too much for me