Ever see those ppl at the gym who...

Options

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    There was a guy working out at the gym recently in acid washed jeans, a button up shirt that was too tight, and a bright yellow Sony CASSETTE Walkman hooked to his belt. I thought I'd been time warped back to 1984 or something. It was so hard not to laugh. If I'd have had a camera I might have tried to take a picture of him.

OMG LOL
    I have a mental image of that in my head now... I'd have to leave, I'd be too rude laughing at him.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, i see ppl who come to the gym to chit chat and do not exercise at all.. So i wonder why do they even come to the gym? I go the gym which is located in our common area of our apt...

Haha! I was at the gym yesterday and I saw a girl sitting on one of the weight machines and texting. Umm... you're doing it wrong!

Haha funny..probably she was using mfp to log her exercise..lol
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, i see ppl who come to the gym to chit chat and do not exercise at all.. So i wonder why do they even come to the gym? I go the gym which is located in our common area of our apt...

I just posted about this! All these girls in their lululemon "stretching" for 20 minutes at a time with their feet up on the machines so people can't use them. Guys joking with each other and maybe MAYBE doing one set of weights every 10 minutes. And then one time, this poor sad sack just sat on one of the machines with his head in his hands for the better part of 1/2 an hour. Oh the delights of the downtown gym.

Dudes. It's the Y. It smells kind weird, it's warm, and it's pretty boring. Why would you want to stay there any longer than you have to?

Well, i guess they have better places to chit chat than gym...
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
    Hold on for dear life as they have their treadmill is on a 20 incline. Wouldn't it be a better workout if they took down the incline and let go of the treadmill, Why do the trainers on Biggest Loser say not to hold on to the treadmill, I'm sure it lessens the workout a bit. These people make me laugh.... that is all!

Anything you see at the gym that makes you laugh?

theres a girl at my gym that does exaxctly that! she literally comes in does that for about 60 minutes then leaves the gym???

i diont get it one you look rediculous and 2 wouldnt you get bored of doing the same thing everyday?

We must go to the same gym!!!!
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    Yes, I am one of those "ridiculous idiots" that do that. And despite holding on to the treadmill for "dear life" on maximum incline (I dunno, don't want to end up with broken bones/teeth?) I still get a workout, and sweat buckets doing so.

As long as the end goal is me losing weight, surprisingly I couldn't care less if people think I'm an utter muppet :tongue:

Happy to entertain though :tongue:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    There are two women at my gym who have the incline set to the highest and hold on for dear life. They are on that for an hour and don't even break a sweat. If that was me, I would be soaked with sweat. I would rather do a bit of an incline and run than what they do.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i hang on to the treadmill... GET OVER IT! it's got nothing to do with you.

who cares, it's not your workout. i'd rather go faster than is comfortable for me (so i'm working harder) and i like to go on incline (so i'm working harder), so i hang on.

also i jog at incline because it doesn't hurt my knees as much? go figure.

i spent years avoiding jogging because it hurt my knees, only to discover if i put a bit of incline on, it doesn't hurt. so i do it (i don't hang on when i jog though).
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    TV.... the people that watch TV and are more interested in seeing their show than actually working out... Glad I had my iPod
  • unblyvbl
    Options
    1. Take pictures of themselves
    2. Wear hoop earrings on a treadmill
    3. Wear sunglasses to work out

Yikes!
  • KayeRichards
    KayeRichards Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    there one girl at my old gym that always came in with a venti frappicino from starbucks, soooooo much makeup, tiniest amount of clothing....she did the butt lifting machine and like 5 mins on the elliptical...rest of the time she flirted with every guy that walked by. Biggest waste of a gym membership

can't fix stupid!

:laugh:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    The thing that I just can't stand to see at the gym, is those idiots who show up.. do a serious workout.. and don't worry about what others are doing. Who the hell do they think they are??
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    The thing that I just can't stand to see at the gym, is those idiots who show up.. do a serious workout.. and don't worry about what others are doing. Who the hell do they think they are??

That's just crazy talk right there.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options

I routinely kick those people, or point at laugh at them, just so they know how ridiculous they are
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've ALWAYS thought that! hmm
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
    Hold on for dear life as they have their treadmill is on a 20 incline. Wouldn't it be a better workout if they took down the incline and let go of the treadmill, Why do the trainers on Biggest Loser say not to hold on to the treadmill, I'm sure it lessens the workout a bit. These people make me laugh.... that is all!

Anything you see at the gym that makes you laugh?

theres a girl at my gym that does exaxctly that! she literally comes in does that for about 60 minutes then leaves the gym???

i diont get it one you look rediculous and 2 wouldnt you get bored of doing the same thing everyday?

We must go to the same gym!!!!

You girls must go to my gym, because that's ME! :laugh: If I didn't have crazy sexy legs because of it I'd probably be offended :smile:

I laugh (inside) at the people too lazy to put their treadmill on an incline, too afraid to sweat, and too worried that they look rediculous that they don't get a good workout. Other than that, I don't really take notice :tongue:
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I've never understood those morons. Don't they understand what a gime is for?? (Please tell me someone else gets that reference.)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Morons! Don't they know they should be watching to see what others are doing instead of minding their own selfish business! That's just the epitome of self centered!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

I've never understood those morons. Don't they understand what a gime is for?? (Please tell me someone else gets that reference.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4i8SpNgzA4

:wink:
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4i8SpNgzA4

:wink:

I still call it a gime and then I get funny looks. ;) I just love his answer when he walks through the door. Makes me laugh every time!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    at the gym i go to you see people reading novels on the different exercise machines like the bike, treadmill stair stepper, eliptcal machines and worse the machines have home made ledge on them to hold their preshious magazines or book. kinda silly that you should put more effort in your work out and save the reading for your spare time