Thanksgiving calorie totals

Options

Replies

• Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I too feel pretty icky. I think my stomach is rebelling against all this food. I didn't do that badly calorically, but I have been so careful and mindful about eating very healthy foods. This was just too much. The pecan pie did me in I think. I did the Turkey Trot this morning, so at least it wasn't a total bust. Ah well, it's one day, and tomorrow I am hoping on getting a fair amount of exercise in!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I feel very blessed and I have much to be grateful for, life is good!
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I Had a fantastic day!
    Didn't over eat but ate what I wanted none the less!
    I Feel great but will get in some extra time on the Elliptical tomorrow!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ha. My average is 1200 per day I went to the gym and burned 400+ and was 900 over but I don't care it was worth it!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A rough estimate of 2330--800 more than allowed! But I don't regret one bite! But my stomach was NOT happy for a while--I literally felt like bursting!! :laugh:
  • Kelseyyyy22
    Kelseyyyy22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As of last week my doctor has me on a gluten-free dairy-free diet...and no one told my grandma, who was cooking the dinner! Don't know how that happened. So my dinner was a glass of almond milk, salad with olive oil (because she didn't have any dairy-free salad dressing!) and a few sprigs of asparagus. Yum....not. I definitely ate when I got home.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add two rolls. Oh well. I wonder if I can go back and edit? Time to find out. Those are going to up that number considerably. And they were worth it, too.
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    StudyingALot: I've found that red wine vinegar is a great salad dressing all by itself. *Guess I didn't reinvent the wheel there, but it's new for me. :)* I suppose you could also add some black pepper, garlic powder or something of the like for extra taste. That's of course if you like red wine vinegar.

Hope your meal at home was great!
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My Thanksgiving meal was only 700 calories...the desserts and all day snacking however, landed me 1950 calories over my goal.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    1816!! Canolis and Cookies KILLED me. I planned on having one of each and instead had three of each. :(

Find some self discipline.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T COUNT AND I'M DAMN PROUD :)
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My total was 700 calories. I just had a small amount of each dish and kept it to a 1-plate maximum. It was wonderful! My family loved the food, and that was all the satisfaction I needed.

No one is remarking on the fact that this is drastically lower than normal? Or was this just for the Thanksgiving meal?
    . My thanksgiving meal was about 600 calories. Leftovers for dinner was even less. I measured everything and minimized my desserts. I was stuffed , I tasted everything and was not deprived in the least. It was all about portion control for me
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Didn't track. Went nuts. Enjoyed it immensely.

Now back on track!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T COUNT AND I'M DAMN PROUD :)

Amen!
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I somehow managed to consume 2 beers and 4 cookies and still remained 127 calories under my daily goal and had a happy & full stomach. This is probably because I am strictly vegetarian & chowed down the veggies.
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I ended up at 1500. Pretty proud of it! I made cauliflower mashed potatoes and no one even noticed! Only 90 calories/serving. And then low calorie pumpkin pie. They were sooo worth it. Two of my favorite foods and it really cut down on the calories. The mac and cheese is what got me though!

I've been wanting to try those cauliflower mashed potatoes ... VERY impressive that nobody noticed the difference !
  • MaryIM
    Options
    StudyingALot: I've found that red wine vinegar is a great salad dressing all by itself. *Guess I didn't reinvent the wheel there, but it's new for me. :)* I suppose you could also add some black pepper, garlic powder or something of the like for extra taste. That's of course if you like red wine vinegar.

Hope your meal at home was great!

I make salad dressing with the Good Seasons Zesty Italian packets ... using extra red wine vinegar and water, going easy on the olive oil. It's my favorite salad dressing.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I went over by 800 calories. It was tasty and today is a new day. Onward and upward my friends. No regrets here. Only thing I'm sad about is that I've been sick for the last 3 days with a horrible chest cold so I haven't worked out since Monday and still doesn't look like I'll be able to today but I'll live.
  • MaryIM
    Options
    My total was about 2,400. I had never counted calories on Thanksgiving Day before and so was surprised how many calories I consume on a typical Thanksgiving Day feast.

I did use the spendla blend when making the pumpkin pies and also the candied sweet potatoes.

Today am back on track and am doubling up on my exercise (to burn about 1,000 calories) to make amends for yesterday.
  • justme84x
    Options
    all day yesterday came in just over 1200 calories
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Even though it was 40 and very windy, it was dry so we got up and got a quick bike ride in to start the day. I concentrated on the veggies, but ate a couple ounces of dark meat turkey and a small piece of salmon. Even with two glasses of pinot noir and dark chocolate I was under for the day, and when I did my weekly weight in this morning I was down 1.2 pounds. I'm very pleased with that.