Country or City?

Options
Mallory0418
Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
Where do you prefer? I'm outside of DC right now and I'm not liking it much. I miss my country home in Illinois. No one around here understands why I like it so much because there "can't be anything to do out there". I guess I just grew up learning to go out and entertain myself...(Ahem, corn-field-truck-pull-sledding anyone? :laugh: ) What about you guys? Country or city living?

Edit: For my country people, what's your favorite thing you've come up with to do? Same question for you city folks.

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Country all the way even though I live in the city right now.....we have plans to at some point be in the country!!
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Country. For sure. I get the same thing.."don't you get bored??". ha! Never :smile:
  • knickels1987
    knickels1987 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    ♥ the country!
  • cw_london
    Options
    City, love living in London
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Country!
  • GetThinKim
    Options
    I live in the country just now, but I used to live in the city! I definitely preferred the city, but then I'm an 18 year old girl so I want the social life that comes with the city :P
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love the city! The lights, the sounds! It puts you in a Daze! :love:
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Country boy here, but living in a big city. I cant wait to get back!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I live in a small city (40,000 ppl) and I hate it. 200 acres in Montana would be just fine with me!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    I'd say city life, but I like retreating into the country when I need a little R&R.
    What I really prefer is suburban life, because you're far way from the city to avoid all the hectic stuff, but close enough to go paint the town every now and then. And the same with the country!
  • lowliar
    Options
    I got the same "Don't you get bored?" routine when I moved to the city, but I personally found smaller towns were more entertaining. I don't care much for absolute farm towns with no stores or anything, but I like suburban type areas.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    COUNTRY!!!!!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I HATE the city, just out of my element and don't really relate to the people around here. I grew up in a dinky farm town with 46 people in my graduating class. LOVED IT!! My idea of a night out back then was going "into town" 30 miles away to see a movie and eat at the Olive Garden!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    country girl all the way! live in a small town now, grew up next to the Delaware River in the Poconos
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    A bit of both - I love the endless options in London - but I am always so refreshed when I go home to Scotland. I guess having both makes me appreciate the good things in each that much more.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love the country!!! I live in a big city (10+ million) now and I absolutely loathe it. I need a job that allows me to move back to the place I love.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    City!

Countryside is nice to visit but I want plenty of things happening on my doorstep (not literally, of course).
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I live in a small city (approx 13,000) and I couldn't imagine living in the country. Although we have farmers fields bordering and extending into city limits (beside the school that my kids attend). So I guess I have the best of both worlds? Lol :happy:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Country...

I have lived in a city for the past 12 years, I actually find I am more bored here than I was town that was 500 people and most of them were old (like 80+). I always get funny looks when I say that but in the town/farm area I grew up in we did pretty much everything - from racing grain trucks to snowboarding behind cars.

My graduating class had 32 kids, my total school had about 150 kids and it took 2 towns and a military base to make the school that big. lol
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    grew up in the city....raised my kids in the country.....always wished I have their life....the neighbor kids (1/4 mi away) had a pool, and we always had horses....and they could ride cross country to the lake.....