T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    lurking here-- hope you don't mind the post--

Way to go, Sheila-- keep it going!!!!!!!

Hi M5K! Thanks for visiting! :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team,

congrates Kristi your doing GREAT.. I am soooo proud of you...

Marla64 - Thanks for the visiting and thank you for the good comments?? You are welcome to join out Team we are here to support each other... and we usually weigh in on Fridays... In the mornings on Friday They post a new thread at the end of the old thread.. I really like all the Team members everyone is very encouraging motivational ect.ect.ect.... They Keep me going...

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    lulubar - SW205/GW145/CW189 -no change
    stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 435 - lost two pounds
    SW 317 / GW 150 / CW 292 / 5 more pounds LOST yippie

I wondered the same thing as cm, how come everyone is bailing on weighing? Actually, what I thought was, "Hey, how come I don't get to miss weighing in if I don't want to??" :tongue: :wink: But of course, I was happy to this week. But maybe the weeks we need to weigh are the weeks when we aren't really wanting to? I don't know, but I do know if my clients don't want to UA because they had a bad week ... well, its just not an option. And, as cm pointed out, its not really an option for me, either. I gotta have that accountability. Just saying. For me, its mission critical.

Sheila, old guys talking about sex. :sick: Especially when one of them is your dad. :sick: :sick:
    However, its nice you had a great chat with him and were able to bond on the ride home. Also, way to go on the weight loss!!! You are doing great! I am proud of you, too! Look how far from 300 you are. I think its time for another happy dance..... LaurelandHardy-1.gif

Ha, Ha, you all thought the hula girl was coming out. She has become discouraged since Sheils'a hula girl showed up. I have her in therapy. We're making progress.

Marla, you can lurk anytime. Or, feel free to pull up a bobbin. (See, they are threads, so you could pull up a bobbin......:ohwell: Sort of went flat there, didn't it:laugh: ) And by the way, congrats again on the 5K!!!!!!!

CM, how is the foot? My advice to you is - suck it up and lift those weights!
    weight-lifting_hampster.jpg

I will check back later gang. Take care
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah yeah, Im here

Damn scale. Gained .2 lbs. This is muscle, yeah muscle weight, thats what were gonna call it kay MUSCLE. :noway: I guess I should eat right ALONG with exercising.

Congrats Kristi, I FEEL your 2 lb loss. I will no longer bail on the weighing I will just hide the truth from you all, JK :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    On the weighing.

Someone tell me to let it go.

I spent a year weighing every week and posting it every week, even when it didn't move or even when I gained. I didn't lie, I didn't hide. It is what it is. You only hurt yourself by not being honest. We will never meet, most of us.

Therefore: I am not posting on this thread. I was up until 1:30 AM last night trying to come up with a good opening for the thread. I am at my goal weight (give or take 2 pounds.) I have no health issues related to my weight. I chose to start this thread and continue to post because I thought it was helpful, and because I think being accountable helped me a lot when I was needing to lose. And because we learn from each other. But I DO NOT accept that if you are 50-200 pounds overweight, that weighing in is not important. But that is your choice, and I have no control over that. Do as you wish. Do not blame me for "making you weigh-in." I am not a mean person. But sometimes we need someone in our corner. Please continue to pat each other on the back.

I prefer a good shove, but that's just me.

I give up. We all have stress in our lives. We all have bad food days. We all have crazy relatives and friends. We need to confront our demons.

I am in my 50s. Life is short. Too short to try to get wrapped up in people's lives who don't want to have the accountabliity.

I quit jobs when I hate my boss. I get divorced when I hate my husband. I throw things away that no longer serve a purpose. I don't think I have a place on this thread anymore. I don't belong here. I don't have enough patience or time to go after people, to send out welcome emails, to look up articles, to post and re-post the same articles, to cross-reference things and find things.

Right now I am furious. I am yelling at my poor cat who doesn't understand. :sad:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Whew, cm!

Ok, you asked someone to tell you to let it go. So, here I am - "Let it go."

I have been joking when I refer to you making me weighh in. Its one of my flaws. I can run a good joke right into the ground. I can run a bad joke right into the ground. I appreciate that you have been in my corner. I hope you will continue to be there. Thank you for all you have done. If I haven't said if often enough, or clearly enough, I'm sorry. THANK YOU.

Let it go.

You don't know, I don't know, no one else knows what is going on inside the head of any one else. And in this environment, we don't know what is going on inside their lives. We only have what we say to each other. So, let it go.

And, don't yell at your cat.
    :heart: Kristi
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What is wrong cmriverside? Did my post piss you off or something. If so, I am sorry,:flowerforyou: I was JK (just kidding) around otherwise I am not understanding why you would be so upset with others and their personal problems dont sweat it we just like to joke sometime.
    And please stop yelling at thay poor kitty. (He doesn't know what your talking about) :happy:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    despite it being my TOM, i weighed in and lost 2 pounds this week! Yay! 6 weeks today, 20 pounds gone.. 1/7th of my way to my goal!
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hey everyone, wanted to post my stats and mark the new thread. I did well on the exercise this week but went over on the calories almost every day. Time to get organized - plan out meals for the week. When I am preparing snacks for the kids, its so easy to nibble. :devil: Must stop that. Everyone say, " I am NOT a human garbage can."

The exercise certainly helps deal with the stress in life...food will not be "The Comforter" anymore!

Going shopping for a smaller pair of pants - nothing fits and I'm hoping the tighter clothes will motivate me. This weight loss goal is worth fighting for.

healthymom: SW/GW/CW 208/150/189 no loss this week
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Swignal- SW 317 / GW 150 / CW 292 / 5 more pounds LOST yippie
    Tayner- lost 2lbs
    Losingit4good- SW 214 / GW 160 / CW 210 lost 4 pounds

Just adding my stats to the list. We didnt already have one going and I forgot to start it when I posted mine earlier.

CM- Sorry you are frustrated. Please dont leave us! I think those that are not weighing are doing so because its close to that TOM and just too frustrating. I was in that position last week, and the week before wasnt even near my scale (I ONLY trust the one at my gym now). Thats the only reason why I hadnt weighed in in a couple weeks.

We DO appreciate EVERYTHING that you do. You have been here alot longer than any of us and alot of us are still learning. We NEED those reminders, kicks in the butt, and we appreciate that you have been there to "make us see the light" so many times. Ive read those posts over and over and over again and have them bookmarked to refer to when I get "confused" which isnt very often anymore but in the beginning it was like trying to understand a new language. I totally understand how repeating yourself over and over and over is nerve racking...GOD DO I KNOW! And you are absolutely right! There comes a point and time when people need to take responsiblility for thier own actions and hold them selves accountable for reaching thier own goals.

The start of the thread this week was AWESOME! I meant to comment on it when I posted last time, but ran out of time when I was posting. You did a great job and for those of you who havent started the thread, yes, it is time consuming and HARD to come up with inspiring and motivational starts each week without having it look the same week after week.
  • morgolis
    morgolis Posts: 17
    Options
    Tayner- lost 2lbs
    Morgolis - SW341 / GW 240 / CW 229 - Lost 6 lbs.

So I was pleasantly surprised yesterday at the gym when I weighed in to see I lost 6 lbs. Course I was a bad monkey last night when we went out to eat sushi where afterwords we got a movie and I bought my 2nd most addictive comfort food...Gummies. Went over my allowed Calories for the day but I can live with it. (1st is Pizza)

CM - Let it go: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Tayner- lost 2lbs
    Morgolis - SW341 / GW 240 / CW 229 - Lost 6 lbs.

Glad to see Im not the only one whose made this typo...:laugh:

Tayner- lost 2lbs
    Morgolis - SW341 / GW 240 / CW 329 - Lost 6 lbs.
  • stillkristi
    Options

CM- Sorry you are frustrated. Please dont leave us! I think those that are not weighing are doing so because its close to that TOM and just too frustrating. I was in that position last week, and the week before wasnt even near my scale (I ONLY trust the one at my gym now). Thats the only reason why I hadnt weighed in in a couple weeks.

We DO appreciate EVERYTHING that you do. You have been here alot longer than any of us and alot of us are still learning. We NEED those reminders, kicks in the butt, and we appreciate that you have been there to "make us see the light" so many times. Ive read those posts over and over and over again and have them bookmarked to refer to when I get "confused" which isnt very often anymore but in the beginning it was like trying to understand a new language. I totally understand how repeating yourself over and over and over is nerve racking...GOD DO I KNOW! And you are absolutely right! There comes a point and time when people need to take responsiblility for thier own actions and hold them selves accountable for reaching thier own goals.

The start of the thread this week was AWESOME! I meant to comment on it when I posted last time, but ran out of time when I was posting. You did a great job and for those of you who havent started the thread, yes, it is time consuming and HARD to come up with inspiring and motivational starts each week without having it look the same week after week.

ditto what she said. :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    cm, I'm sorry you're frustrated with us, maybe a few of us or maybe all of us as a group. Take a step back, a deep breathe, and take a break if you need to. We appreciate all your wisdom but it's not worth the frustration it seems to be causing you. If you don't want to start the new threads, you don't have time or ideas or whatnot, we'll take care of it. If you don't want to hunt people down if they aren't posting, we'll take care of it. Just come in and check in - or not. You don't have to be bad cop, no one is relying on your soley for their success. Go do your thing.

So, group, LI4G volunteered to start the threads each week, I think she did an awesome job last time, and I'll be happy to keep a list going so we can message people who drop out, and we can all keep each other accountable. If you have a great article or picture that you think would start the new thread, either send it to LI4G or let her know you're starting the next thread so we don't have two. We can do this, people! We're in this together! I know we'd love to have cmriverside as part of our group, but if it's not meeting her needs right now, then we can do it with each other's support!

If you have a bad day, post. If you have a good day, post. Log your stats on Fridays regardless, unless you're skipping for a particular reason like TOM when the "experts" suggest don't even bother. This is a support group but also an accountability group, so if you try to hide, WE WILL FIND YOU! :wink:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Thanks, adopt4, that was very well put. And I will do my part by being more supportive and a little less frivilous. I have a tendency to joke with and tease those I like. Its not always a good thing. If I have made anyone else feel badly ever, I am genuinely distressed and sorry. That was never my intent. I hope you will accept my appologies. One thing I have come to understand is I am not able to do this on my own. Thats what I have been trying to do for the past 25 years. You said it well, adopt4, we are in this together. And, we do need to accept responsibility for posting and facing our demons on bad days as well as good. Maybe especially on bad days.

So, we are all in this together. And that's a good thing.

Hmmm now I sound like Martha Stewart.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Thanks, adopt4, that was very well put. And I will do my part by being more supportive and a little less frivilous. I have a tendency to joke with and tease those I like. Its not always a good thing. If I have made anyone else feel badly ever, I am genuinely distressed and sorry. That was never my intent. I hope you will accept my appologies. One thing I have come to understand is I am not able to do this on my own. Thats what I have been trying to do for the past 25 years. You said it well, adopt4, we are in this together. And, we do need to accept responsibility for posting and facing our demons on bad days as well as good. Maybe especially on bad days.

So, we are all in this together. And that's a good thing.

Hmmm now I sound like Martha Stewart.

Okay, just checking in for the morning.. LI4G did a great job with the thread starting.. Kristi you rock girl and I love your jokes. I don't think you have ever made anyone feel bad... Adopt4 I agree with what you said, we are in this together... Didn't one say the scale is the spawn and not to focus on it?? I'm not going to weigh myself weekly, I get to frustrated with the numbers, I then get depressed and I am an emotional eater and I need to figure out a way to deal with that, this forum has helped, especially a few of you whom know exactly what to say when it is needed.. I kind of like the bad cop, someone to make me accept responsibility for my bad days... I like the good cop who makes me feel better when I have done something great.. However I think that CM's post just about ruined this thread for me.. I think it was uncalled for!! I am glad she has reached her goal and am looking forward to the day when I am there... Like everyone else said, let it go.. I am going to try.. I read other posts and just feel that some who have been on this site for a while come down way to hard on newbies for asking a question that has been asked over and over again.. Who cares!! They are new and just learning.. Wasn't this site started to give support?? I think it was.. So all I have to say if you don't like what we post then don't read it... Who cares!!! Wow, I'm pretty upset right now and not going to write anymore on this subject...

Congrats to those who weighed in and lost weight.. Congrats to those who weighed in and just weighed in... I am sticking with what I said and not weighing in this week.. The scale is put away till next Friday...

Maybe I'll check back in and maybe I won't, I don't know at this point..
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    How come everyone is bailing on the weigh-ins?

I'll gracefully bow out of the team. I had made a decision a while back to not stress on the lbs but to watch my protein and sodium for my health. Although I need to lose weight I don't lose at a rate like others due to my health issues and it can cause me great discouragement. I can put on 8-10lbs of water in a second. In addition to that I am training for a marathon and if I don't eat my calories my body suffers a great deal. Thus I decided to eat all my calories until after next weekend.
    Since I don't meet the teams original intent I'll bow out with no hard feelings. Best wishes for sucess to you all.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Dang. Just did a long run. It was terrible. I suffered a great deal. Trying to determine if my health is going to allow me to achieve my goal next weekend. 26.2 miles.

I am so sorry you had a bad run. Hopefully, its just one bad run, which happens, right?
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Maybe I'll check back in and maybe I won't, I don't know at this point..

Everyone... PLEASE remember that we are a TEAM. The more people we have on this TEAM to support and encourage eachother, the more successful we ALL will be in the end. Some of us are a little further along than others, but thats what makes this group so great. I think we can all agree that since this thread started, there have been alot of people who have joined us and left just as quickly. As sorry as I am to see them go, its THIER loss! This is a WONDERFUL team!

What I love about this group is not only that people are encouraging and supportive, but that YOU ALL have stuck it out with me and THAT gives me motivation to keep going also. Knowing that my TEAMIES are working hard, keeps me working hard and its been easier for me to get back on track when Ive had my bad times. If I havent said so before now, Thank you for that!

So please, Lets stick together here.

c.jpg
  • morgolis
    morgolis Posts: 17
    Options

I quit jobs when I hate my boss. I get divorced when I hate my husband. I throw things away that no longer serve a purpose. I don't think I have a place on this thread anymore. I don't belong here. I don't have enough patience or time to go after people, to send out welcome emails, to look up articles, to post and re-post the same articles, to cross-reference things and find things.

Right now I am furious. I am yelling at my poor cat who doesn't understand. :sad:

Ok, so I'm going to throw in my 2 cents, call me an A-hole if you want and let the flames start. I've never been much to tell people to stay or leave, you're a grown up and can do what you want. However, if you have grown to hate doing the things you are doing, then stop doing it. If you wanna leave, we'll miss you, but if you want to stay, then by all means stop yelling at your cat, it really doesn't understand.

Matrix Philosphy: "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."