Early Morning vs Late Evening ? When do you Excerise?

Options

Replies

• Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have set times to swim and play netball, but my other exercise is just when it fits in. I used to get up early every morning, but that hasn't happened this week, so I've eaten less.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I work out usually between 8 and 10PM. To be honest working out is the highlight of my otherwise very stressful days, so I like to save it for the end of the day in order to have something to look forward to.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in the evenings then I realized that Cardio in the morning and weights in the evening was giving me optimum results. So now a days I do cardio in the mornings and weights 2/week in the evening!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Late evening. I am up early for work, and usually stay at work late. Hah, guess I like my job too much eh? That, and... I always feel weak running/exercising in the wee hours of the morning. I need some protein in ma belleh before I feel I can take on a good burn. Plus, coming home exhausted isn't so bad for a good nights rest either!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I prefer to excercise in the morning, it helps me stay on track with food, knowing that ive excercised all morning and i dont wsnt it to go to waste :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise in the evenings. Except on weekends, I'll go in the morning because I'm usually not home in the evenings.
  • LaurenJimmi
    Options
    After work at 5pm. (if i go home first ill sit down and not get back up!!)
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I find it best first thing in the AM. If I put it off, I end up skipping for the day!
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do 12.5hr shifts 6-6.30 but I have to catch the bus to work at 5
    I work on a blast crew, it's hot dirty and usually reasonablly physical if the work doesn't knot your socks down the heat and the sun certainly do on day shifts and night shifts just plan wreck me for that reason I like to get up earlier to do my exercise before work.
    I usually bail on after work exercise, there's only one person who I exercise after work for & that's my work mate Siân cause she does exercises out side her usual times for me & we usually do the hill behind our camp (my photo) or the 6km bush track
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    with two kids under four i workout whenever i can, either when they're at playschool (mid-morning) before hubby goes to work on late shift (7am) or when hubby gets home on earlies (6-8pm) I havent found anything that works better for me, getting up early is hard, working out at the days end is hard lol!
  • I am up at 5.30am to 6am everyday anyway so I get my little boy up (if he's awake) and get him organized with a bottle and something to play with, then I get organized, and I'm usually finished my work out by 7am then shower then my partner gets up lol. I can't be bothered working out after work I don't usually get home until 11.30(ish) pm so I just shower and bed =D sometimes I can fit in a nap during the day before work.
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I set my alarm for 5.15am and im out running by 5.30.

I find that running in the morning keeps my pace up. When running through the woods, in the dark... You dont hang around!!

For other workouts.. kettlebell/gym/swim/whatever I fit it in as and when.
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    I set my alarm for 5.15am and im out running by 5.30.

I find that running in the morning keeps my pace up. When running through the woods, in the dark... You dont hang around!!

For other workouts.. kettlebell/gym/swim/whatever I fit it in as and when.

I was thinking that would be a great time too!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I always try to exercise in the morning-but I have the most motivation& energy in the afternoon:)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    mid afternoon. If I had to exercise in the morning it would have to be 3am.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    it depends. When i'm off, I like to workout in the mornings, but otherwise I only have time to do it in the afternoons, around 4pm.
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the evenings.....not a morning person
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a morning person, because I always want to exercise then.... but then the morning comes, and I take the extra hour of sleep instead.

So I force myself to go later.

When I work day shifts --- I either do nothing (as I'm running around on my feet for 12 hours), or do a quick run when I get home.
    When I work nights --- I run in the morning, before I go to bed.

When I don't work --- I run around 6pm.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I usually workout in the morning around 5:15 before work :)
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    I wish I was a morning person, because I always want to exercise then.... but then the morning comes, and I take the extra hour of sleep instead.

lol thats so me too!