Favourite CD/artist for the week

Options
stayxtrue
stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
I dont know about you guys, but I find that I get into a certain cd and find myself listening to it for a whole week. So I though this would be cool as some of us may listen to some unknown bands and could give us some ideas :)

So I will start :)

maylene_ii.jpg

Band: Maylene and the sons of disaster
Album: IV (this is actually the name)
Genre: Southern/country/rock

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Fun! Saw these guys on Halloween. Epic, epic, epic!

m83.jpg

Band: M83
    Album: Hurry Up, We're Dreaming!
    Genre: French electronic/ambient/dream pop
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well I been listening to the new Evanescence album constantly since it was released over a month ago.
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    Well I been listening to the new Evanescence album constantly since it was released over a month ago.

I didnt know they had released a new one, I am going to check it out now!
  • andrialindsay
    Options
    No kings from Doomtree, one of my favorite collectives! If you like underground/indie hip hop- this is where its at!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Blink 182's new album!

PS Evanescence has a new album? WHAT?! :O
  • shirlandmews
    Options
    I've read about Ed Sheeran on Twitter, I saw one of my friend was listening to him. So, I went to discover who he was and how his songs are like. Since then, the whole album keeps playing in my bedroom. :smile:

220102edsheeran.jpg
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The Felice Brothers (not the new CD so much)
  • kmboffice88
    Options
    I've been listening to the OVOXO collaboration CD by Drake and the Weeknd. Some super slow jam type songs and then a rap song every now and then boosts me back up... and I don't even like rap music that much!
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Awesome Thread! Looks like ive lots of new albums to check. Ive recently been listening to The Mostar Diving Club these past few days. A good band if you like indie/chill out music :)
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    Yay this thread is working! I love new music! So I will definitely be checking out some of these bands
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    Awesome Thread! Looks like ive lots of new albums to check. Ive recently been listening to The Mostar Diving Club these past few days. A good band if you like indie/chill out music :)

this band is Amazing!!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    this week ive been listening to blue october consent to treatment over and over again. Each day I wake up and tell myself I wont listen to it today, but it doesnt work out for me. It is an amazing cd. Very emotional you can really feel it. Ive also been stuck on Rammstein Mutter. I know I know... Big difference in genres. But Im kind of weird. Also these arnt new albums. Mutter is 2001, and Consent to Treatment is 2000
  • kirstyuffendale
    kirstyuffendale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im totally loving Stone Sour at the minute :-)
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey! Nice thread! I've already found one awesome new band :)

I have a few suggestions, they're a little more upbeat. They've been regulars on my playlists for quite some time now :)

The Creepshow. (Rockabilly style. I would suggest Run for Your Life or Buried Alive for starters).

Ellwood. (The Mad Caddies side proj. The Mag Girl and The Deal are a few of my faves)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Revisiting White Lies - To Lose My Life album.

white%20lies%20to%20lose%20my%20life.jpg
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options

maylene_ii.jpg

Band: Maylene and the sons of disaster
    Album: IV (this is actually the name)
    Genre: Southern/country/rock

Scratch that, two new bands. These guys are awesome!! Thanks!
  • knight_owl
    Options
    I've been listening to 'Buildings' by General Fiasco for the past 2 weeks. Great album!
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    thehigher.jpg

band: the higher
    album: on fire
    genre:Pop / R&B / Rock
  • catattack13
    Options
    not wicked new, but since my ipod broke, I rediscovered Flogging Molly's newest, "Speed of Darkness". adore the whole f***ing album.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been this

empire_of_the_sun.jpg