How long do you workout for?

Options

Replies

• breesok
    breesok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As little as possible. I've been wearing a Polar Heart Monitor for about 15 years. It monitors my heart rate and calories consumed so that I don't under-perform/waste my time exercising. After 20+ years of exercising, there's little love for it - it is however a non-negotiable part of my life that I would never give up. The short answer to your question however is... 4 times per week. Three days of circuit/weights @ about an hour per day (M/W/F) + one day (Sunday) of intense, hot power yoga for 1.5 hours. Once you try hot yoga, you'll never go back to regular yoga.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    However long it takes lady! The longest workouts are leg workouts for me. Depends on intensity. When I go heavier I rest longer, when I go light, time flies. Too bad you didn't go to the gym while pregnant. It makes it so much easier to bounce back. But the good thing is you're going now. No better reward than a gym membership.
  • IsleOfThanet
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you call a workout.

Can you count ....

-- bending and stretching when you dust and vacum. How about carrying a load of laundry to and from the washer, then folding and putting away clean laundry? Washing the floor and scrubing out the bath tub? (stretch and flexibility)

-- walking to and from work? Use the stairs when going up 3 or fewer flights of stairs? An hour walking through a museum viewing art (cardiovascular)

-- walking from the grocery carrying a couple of bags of filled with groceries?. (strength training)
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    1 to 1 1/2 hours a day, six days a week. High intensity cardio and weights. Probably should be doing 2 or more a day to get this weight moving as this has always been the case throughout the years.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I shoot fr 45-60 minutes, at least 4 times a week but more if I can squeeze it in. I have a fam of 4, work ft, go to school ft, plus own my own free-lance photography business, so an hour is about all I have time for!!! :D
  • psmhirons
    Options
    Shortest is usually 60 minutes, longest ever was 121 but normally 60-90 on cardio
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Like other working moms above, I try to get in what I can. My husband and I have been doing Zumba in the evening, either the 20 minute express or the 45 minute cardio party depending on what time we get home and what else we still need to do. I am on my feet most of the day, start my day at 6 am and usually don't get home until after 6 pm. I usually have been working out 5 days a week with walking on the weekends.
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Monday to Thursday I do 2 gym workouts (am & pm) and a 3 mile road run
    Friday - 1 roadwork/1 gym workout
    Saturday & Sunday - 1 workout each day even if just cardio
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My daily workout is 2:40 - 2:50 cycling 42 miles to and from work. On a weekend, one day is 2 hrs pre-breakfast cycling and the other is around 7 hrs on a club ride.
  • Pancakelovessyrup
    Options
    Wow! all great answers!
  • brownmami22
    Options
    Usually i do and hour on the treadmill then 45mins on the arc reactor... I haven't been doing weight lifting lately... BOOOOO : (}. Usually I spend about 2hrs
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    3 days per week: 45min - 1.5 hr cardio
    3 days per week: 2-3 hrs rock or ice climbing
  • vilyli6
    vilyli6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, consistency is important. I personally started out doing 30 min a day on a stationary bike, then after a few weeks added 15 minutes of elliptical trainer. I increased the time on the elliptical over the next weeks to 1 hour and at the same time steadily increased the intensity of the stationary bike so I am now doing 90 minutes a day between both of them, which is burning over 1400 calories. My next step which I am adding this week is weight training to increase my metabolism.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday for at least 20 minutes at 4am Mon-Thur (Fri a little later in the day). On Wed/Thur I do at least another hour and on Sat/Sun I do about an hour and a half-2 hours.
  • Hassiri
    Options
    I go with the less is more focus, if you do it right you don't have to spend hours and hours working out! and you will have great results.
    I'm mom to 3 babies under 4, so gym is off limits.I work out at home for 40 to 60 min, 6 times a week.
    4 days of weight lifting and 2 days of cardio. I never skip a workout, no matter how tired or sore I am, or even if I'm sick. It's like a job for me.

4 months from where I started I've lost 25 lb and I'm getting pretty lean! I started with 3 lb dumbells and I'm all the way to 10 lbs for arms and 20 lb barbell for legs.

Good Luck!
  • alynngold
    alynngold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I vary my cardio, it ranges anywhere from 20 minute HIIT style workouts to an hour long jog/run, six days a week. On my short workout cardio days I add in 30 minutes of strength training. Sometimes on my rest day I do a yoga or stretch session, but try to keep that short and relaxing. And I hit the pool once or twice week and do some swimming just for fun.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    40 - 90 minutes, 5 x a week Mon-Fri
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Until I'm too tired or bored to keep going.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I schedule around 4 40 minute workouts, but the time changes based on my schedule, sometimes 20 sometimes over an hour. Usually the week total exceeds my 4/40 scheudle.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    weights 3 or 4 times per week for about 20-30 minutes each time
    cardio = 30-40 min per day, but working up to 50 minutes per day.