CBA AKA The No Winers ! Yes that Means YOU !!

Options
Ok so I thought I would make an official topic for all of us that are CBA = Cutting Back Alcohol ! Also known as the No Winers !

So everyone that is trying to cut back on their alcohol feel free to join in !!!

Starting Monday ( I know ) sounds like every time I started a " diet " LOL, I am giving up my divine wine and moving on to keeping myself busy and Wine Free for at least 30 DAYS !!!

We can do this ! I know we can ! I have lost over 130 lbs only to gain back 20 of it and it's all the WINE. I workout daily ( beach body programs ) Eat 99 % perfect during the day then night time rolls around and well, of course, Us Mom's, Wives, Women need to " relax " .. And what better way then a glass of wine.. or a beer or 2...or as us wine drinkers know, a glass, 2, 3 and oops bottle almost gone....

A little about me :) I've lost and gained the same weight since I was 13 ( I am now 42 )... At 36ish I had had enough and SHED over 130 lbs off my 276 lb 5'3 frame ;) My life changed in amazing ways !

I then met my now husband and took up the wonderful wine tastings and wine at night only to find out that it puts weight on me faster than a bag of sand ! Time to shed the gained 20 plus the extra 10 I didn't lose !

So everyone... It's time to stop................ Monday will count day 1 ! Who's in :)

We need each other to stay accountable :)

We can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!

Join me................. Let's rock and roll
Saying goodbye to :drinker: and HELLO Hot Healthy Body !!!!!!

Editing... you can see my before photos and my now photo on my profile page ;) I'm ready to rock this :)

Replies

• mbmempireranch
    Options
    Ok so I thought I would make an official topic for all of us that are CBA = Cutting Back Alcohol ! Also known as the No Winers !

So everyone that is trying to cut back on their alcohol feel free to join in !!!

Starting Monday ( I know ) sounds like every time I started a " diet " LOL, I am giving up my divine wine and moving on to keeping myself busy and Wine Free for at least 30 DAYS !!!

We can do this ! I know we can ! I have lost over 130 lbs only to gain back 20 of it and it's all the WINE. I workout daily ( beach body programs ) Eat 99 % perfect during the day then night time rolls around and well, of course, Us Mom's, Wives, Women need to " relax " .. And what better way then a glass of wine.. or a beer or 2...or as us wine drinkers know, a glass, 2, 3 and oops bottle almost gone....

A little about me :) I've lost and gained the same weight since I was 13 ( I am now 42 )... At 36ish I had had enough and SHED over 130 lbs off my 276 lb 5'3 frame ;) My life changed in amazing ways !

I then met my now husband and took up the wonderful wine tastings and wine at night only to find out that it puts weight on me faster than a bag of sand ! Time to shed the gained 20 plus the extra 10 I didn't lose !

So everyone... It's time to stop................ Monday will count day 1 ! Who's in :)

We need each other to stay accountable :)

We can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!

Join me................. Let's rock and roll
    Saying goodbye to :drinker: and HELLO Hot Healthy Body !!!!!!

Editing... you can see my before photos and my now photo on my profile page ;) I'm ready to rock this :)
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am here! Second to join :tongue: ! I officially started Friday and want to fit into all my clothes that don't fit me right now. Same boat, all the bleeping wine I love to drink that makes me eat all the bad food DH keeps in the house.

I would consider wine the culprit in all the bad things I choose to do to myself so I am hoping from abstaining from it I will get the results I really want. My son said yesterday, "Mom, I know that you would be ripped under your layer of fat!" I think he's right and the wine is the one keeping the fat layer on :mad: .

So good luck to all who join us and I am hoping and wishing for great things from this :bigsmile:

Oh my, DH just came in here, read this, left the room, came back in with his Corona and asked me if I wanted a beer and then laughed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Hi Laura !!! Welcome !!!!!

How did last night go :)

Your hubby sounds like mine !! Here have this, here have that.. but i've conquered 130 lbs by my will power and I know I will be able to do this... In fact yesterday we did our " last " wine tasting for awhile and I don't plan on going back to that vineyard until Sept for the grape stomp :)

So tomorrow begins day one for me........ I'm feeling great about my new goals :)

Have a Great Sunday !!!!
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i am officially a no winer!
    bump for later....
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in...will post later. Deb, 30 days? You rock girl! I'm working on goal two this week. Last week was no alcohol Monday through Thursday this week I'm going for Sunday through Thursday.

Time to do some Turbo Jam and keep myself busy!

Good luck everyone!:drinker:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    LOL.. I know 30 days.. what am I thinking ! I know I can do it ;) I know I can ;)

The weather outside is awesome :) Not to hot, a bit windy but off to get an entire day of yardwork in and planting flowers I just bought :)

Then it's time to fix up the duck yard ( for the soon to be born babies ) and mow the farm !!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOL !!!!

Just so you all know, all my friends had thought I lost my mind when I moved to the " farm " LOL ! So now they call me Barnyard Barbie LOL !!!!

Ok off to get busy :) Didn't work out with chalene today but got my 6 mile run in :) and a bit of my total body gym :)

Have a great DAY !!

Tonight, last WINE night for me then the countdown begins ;)

I'm excited :)
  • OregonGirl80
    Options
    Have been trying to lose weight and keep swinging back and forth between 165 and 170 for the last 2 months. I work out several times a week and have been eating mostly good . . . except for the couple nights a week that I go out for drinks with friends. Not only do we drink, but we eat bar food . . . no good. I noticed that the couple weeks I didn't go out were the times I lost weight (before regaining it later). It has been a week without booze already for me (4/18 was the last night), and within that week dropped back from slightly over 170 to 167, but more importantly lost 1.5% body fat!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Oregon Girl :) Totally know what you mean except mine is the nightly wine ! Frustrating to work so hard and eat so healthy just to blow it each night because I want to " relax " and chill out...

Well tomorrow starts Day one ! Here we go ! I know I can do this. I'm not going to give it up forever, but I do want to do it, one so I can see just how far I can really make progress each month and 2nd because it's a lifestyle, so I know I will add it back in at some point ( Or will I ?? ) Hmmm !!!

So here's to the Eve before Wine Free 30 !!!!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Ok so I have to laugh, ok maybe a little :)

I am off to bed, the rest of the bottle of 39.00 wine has just been dumped down the sink.. and it's time to move on :)

I''m feeling like .....

Well i've had a few glasses of wine but I 'm so ready for this.........

I'm ready to jump in, both feet..............

Here we go.............................

tomorrow Day ONE.....................

Here we go :)
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm ready to join too. I'm in for 30 days. I do fine all week - exercise, eat right and then the weekend comes and I blow it. I'm ready to make the change and lose the last 15 to 20lbs that don't want to let go :smile:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Ok Girls !!!!

Here we go !!!!!!!

DAY ONE !!!!!!!

We can do this !!!!!!!!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Wine and Water
    To my friends who enjoys a glass of wine..and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said:
    In wine there is wisdom,
    In beer there is freedom,
    In water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials,
    Scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would haveabsorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli,
    (E. Coli) - bacteria found in feces.

In other words, we are consuming
    1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when
    Drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whisky or other liquor), because alcohol has to go through a purification
    Process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:
    Water = Poop, Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
    Than to drink water and be full of **** .

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information:
    I'm doing it as a public service.

LOL! okay not a great post for first day of no wine challenge, but hey, it is funny! I am officially on day 1 too as I decided to have some drinks last night but fresh start here I come. I am in it!

Laura
  • skinnymel
    Options
    ok, i went ahead and changed my pic after noticing there are quite a few of us winos who also
    love dogs! what's that about?
    (mine is pixie, a "bugg"-half pug, half boston, ridiculous at all times!)

so starting today, my goal is no wine monday through thursday. not ready for the 30 days quite yet!
    i admit, i am nervous, been using wine to deal with a tense time, but i'm ready to get it back together.
    here we go! planning to go to zumba this evening to kill some time...

laura, thanks for the laugh~gross!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Mel, I love your dog! My favourite dog is a pug and my second favourite is a Boston Bull. Yours is the best of both worlds and so cute to boot! Mine is Lilly. She is almost 3 and as cute as a button. She makes me laugh on a daily basis and I adore her (even more when I am drinking wine :love: ). How old is Pixie? Does she have obnoxious gas? Lilly does!!!

Good luck on the challenge!

Laura
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am going to start with no wine during the week, and work up from there. I do really good with eating healthy and exercise, but I like to have a glass or two of wine in the evenings to relax, and to deal with a lot of stress right now. Hopefully tonight will be a great night for everyone. Good luck. :smile:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Ok so how's everyone doing ?? Day One.. However it's only 4 PM here so not my " wine " time anyhow but getting close !

I am getting a mason jar out ( no not for WINE LOL ) Although that is a thought :grumble:

Actually I'm getting a mason jar and counting 30 marbles out... each day I'm taking one out or putting one in... Hmmm I think it would be better to put one in a day, day's I don't have wine and I'll see how fast it fills up !!

Hey I am trying to find something to pass the time :)

Of course watching my Rat Terrier try and catch a lizard a bit ago was pretty amusing :)

I'm off to check out my new fitness coach for Wii :)
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Ok where is everyone ????

Drinking Wine :) LOL !!!!

I'm hanging in there :) Day one almost done :)
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I could never give up wine....but I have given up all my yummy (ie. HIGH calorie) fruity drinks and ____ & Coke and started drinking rum & diet coke when I go out. :laugh:

best of luck to y'all!!!
  • skinnymel
    Options
    here i am! was outside gardening to change up my routine...night # 1 going just fine!

laura, pixie is 9 months old, and not too stinky unless she's had pupperoni's, then look out!
    i'd love to get a pug , or any variation of...

well, here's to us!:drinker: (a cup of lame-o herbal tea.)
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I'm right here with my tea as well.. although I am already thinking it's going to keep me up tonight ;)

Oh well here's to :drinker: that cup of tea :smile: