20 pounds down by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about adding to my regimen and trying 30 day shredded. Has anyone tried it or plan to try it? I hear it kicks your *kitten* but the end results are awesome.

i have been adding it my regular work out schedule ( i am a triathlete: I teach 3 spin classes per week, cycle 40 to 50 road miles on sundays, and run a 5 to 10 k once or twice per week--swimming training is on hold during winter)

I am 21 days into the 30 day shred so far thismonth...and love/hate it. it really is a great workout. i only burn off 150 to 200 calories per shred session (25 minutes each) BUT i def can see much more muscle and feel much stronger. i totally recommend it! unless you are already really strong --in that case jump into the new rules of weight lifiting for women book/plan.
    hope that helps.

Thanks. No, I am not really strong. I usually do pure cardio with kickboxing or walking. I want to get into toning along the weight. I still have about 60-70lbs left to lose.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Happy Turkey day MFP family! I hope you enjoyed your day :) I sure did! Maybe the second piece of pie was pushing it ;) Anyway, today is Thursday, so you have 2 days to shed those excess calories for weigh-in Sunday!

I ran my first 5k this morning!!! I ran it in 35:29, which is pretty fantastic for my first road-run and first 5k that I barely trained for, and might have been slightly hung-over for as well O:)

I like the holidays, what can I say.. but what a beautiful run it was- I think I'm going to become one of those run-a-holics. It's so much easier to keep going when there's a huge crowd around you!

So the challenge this week is to get out and do a road run! It doesn't have to be 5k, but I'd like to see what you think about it :)

See ya Sunday! Love <3
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Well on top of being sick, TOM has reared its ugly head so i wont be bothering with measuring myself this sunday. I will wait till next week. I have been getting in serious burns this week. Next week i plan to keep it up and burn 1500-2000 when i workout. I am also planing to change up my regimen in December. Anyone else planning to switch things up in December or change your workout plan?

This challenge will be ending soon and I don't know about you guys but I want to have a big loss in the end :bigsmile:
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Well done on all the losses!

Cschu: Congrats on the 5K!! Thats amazing, I bet it felt great :) I'm not going to take you up on your challenge this week as I couldn't run for a bus! but in the spring I am hoping to try C25K, I'd love to be able to run, but I'm a bit worried about doing it in the winter as I'm good at falling over and breaking bones (broke my leg slipping in some mud once plus other silly breaks) and really can't afford any time off work!

MrsFelton, Sorry you've beeen sick, plus TOM too, eugh!!Those are some serious burns though, well done!! As for December, I hadn't really thought about it. I was just going to stick with what I'm doing and change things if it stops working. I had considered giving the 30 day shred another go in January, but it was a short lived thought becuase I really hate the shred!!!

Good luck to everyone for their weigh ins this week!!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Cshu: Great job on the run! I would love to do that someday, but I can't run worth crap. I never could, even when I was a kid & in good shape! Maybe that will change someday, but I would definitely like to do one where lots of people walk, because that way I could walk a lot between sprints :)

MrsFelton, those are serious burns! I may be burning close to that, but I don't have a HRM yet so I really don't know what I'm doing. What is your workout routine? I'm a zumba addict so that has to continue being my main cardio, but I've been trying to change it up by doing kickboxing & butts & guts once a week. I do strength training 4-5 times a week, alternating between legs & arms/back, but would REALLY like to get more abs in there...just not sure how to other than situps. I've added some different arm stuff the last week, but that's about all the changing up I've done. I'd love to hear your ideas! :)

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (& Black Friday!) I didn't do too bad on Thanksgiving, BUT I have another Thanksgiving today & a third one tomorrow! We used to do all 3 in one day (Mom's family, Dad's family, & husband's family), but this year we insisted that we could not do all 3 in one day. It's exhausting for us & we can't eat at all 3 & have barely any time to spend at each one. So they changed them so we would come to all of them. I guess I wasn't thinking about the diet aspect though...since they're all different days, I will be able to eat at all of them! I'm planning on getting a workout in to help compensate & just only having 1 dessert! I hope I stick to it.

My NSVs for this week: I bought 4 pairs of size 10 pants, 2 medium pairs of workout pants, & 3 medium sweaters from Old Navy & NY and Co! I have never been a medium OR a size 10. It is CRAZY but awesome! I'm still having body image issues...I look in the mirror & just see the same fat person, but the size thing does make me feel good! ALSO, after Zumba yesterday, I was doing weights & my instructor came up to me & told me that I was "dropping serious weight" & have lost a lot since she first met me, & that I was looking good! It made me feel great!

Also, the scale FINALLY moved! YAY!! I hope it sticks for tomorrow's weigh in!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    MrsFelton, those are serious burns! I may be burning close to that, but I don't have a HRM yet so I really don't know what I'm doing. What is your workout routine? I'm a zumba addict so that has to continue being my main cardio, but I've been trying to change it up by doing kickboxing & butts & guts once a week. I do strength training 4-5 times a week, alternating between legs & arms/back, but would REALLY like to get more abs in there...just not sure how to other than situps. I've added some different arm stuff the last week, but that's about all the changing up I've done. I'd love to hear your ideas! :)
    Zumba looks so fun and I want to try it in a group setting but I want someone to go with me lol.

I kickbox ALOT lol. I take kickboxing for an hour to 2 hours when I can. Kickboxing is what I see that burns a lot of calories. I am thinking of trying a Jillian Micheals DVD for December either 30 Day Shred, since its on sale at Amazon or her new one Extreme shed & shred. Shred it with weights looks appealing to because I want to add more toning to my workout. I also try to though in extra squats as much as possible to round my booty lol and sculpt my inner thighs. I have seen some amazing inch loss in the tummy on here from people that have done her workouts. Plus, since my wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of December I would like to go the extra mile and lose inches as well as pounds.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Down another 1.6 pounds to 255,, total lost to date... 12 pounds,, new info posted in spreadsheet
  • abower150
    Options
    im up 3 lbs from last week... i am not sure though if it is because i am getting stronger with muscles or not... we will see! :P 153 lbs today. maybe i should start taking measurements??
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Zumba looks so fun and I want to try it in a group setting but I want someone to go with me lol.

I kickbox ALOT lol. I take kickboxing for an hour to 2 hours when I can. Kickboxing is what I see that burns a lot of calories. I am thinking of trying a Jillian Micheals DVD for December either 30 Day Shred, since its on sale at Amazon or her new one Extreme shed & shred. Shred it with weights looks appealing to because I want to add more toning to my workout. I also try to though in extra squats as much as possible to round my booty lol and sculpt my inner thighs. I have seen some amazing inch loss in the tummy on here from people that have done her workouts. Plus, since my wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of December I would like to go the extra mile and lose inches as well as pounds.

You should TOTALLY go to a class! Don't worry about not having someone with you! I was SO nervous before my first time & was terrified of walking in, but everyone is so nice, & most people go by themselves anyway! I bet you would love it. I know I wouldn't have made it this far without zumba. I get bored with workouts easily, but it is the least boring activity possible & it goes by so fast! I'm glad to hear you've had success with kickboxing. I only go once a week, which is all my gym offers, but it is a nice class to change it up. It's not as fun as zumba, & I find myself looking at the clock constantly because it goes by so slowly, but I sure do end up sweaty! :)
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 206.8 :bigsmile:

Down 3.4 since last week, 16.2 total!

I don't know what I've done to deserve such a huge loss this week, but I'm happy! I'm almost hitting 3 huge milestones too: 40lbs lost; ONEderland and being able to pick up my daughter and feeling how much weight I've lost (she's 42lbs / 3 stone) But as we all know, when you get close to a milestone, everything slows down!!! But I'll deal with that if/when it happens!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week:flowerforyou:
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    145lbs down 4lbs from last week :) lost 10lbs since the beginning of this challenge 10 more to go :-)
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    finally down a little bit... down to 163.6

I decided this week that I needed to reset my ticker....seeing "21lbs lost" on my ticker was making me cocky, so I needed to 'start over' in a sence. I think it's helping so far....in a few weeks I may change it back, we'll see
  • saudade87
    Options
    weight-in: 222.4-
    i forgot to weight in last week, but i've lost some 2.2 lbs the last two weeks. find that very good considering i ate like a champ on thanksgiving! woop! now back to the grindstone...
  • spottedlee
    Options
    weight-in: 222.4-
    i forgot to weight in last week, but i've lost some 2.2 lbs the last two weeks. find that very good considering i ate like a champ on thanksgiving! woop! now back to the grindstone...
    LOL,, me too,, I was so worried but still lost 1.6 in past week,, I am not sure how that happened but like you, I find that very good!
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    update!!

as of today 11/27
    still holding at 172.5!!
    total loss = 16 lbs!
    11/20
    no change... 173 and holding...but i have worke out a lot!.... and eaten a lot this week...

11/13
    lost another half pound!!! down to 173--that is 15.5 total pounds

non scale victory -- pulled out my old LUCKY jeans that i have not even dared to try on in ages due to the discomfort of tight tight tight jeans and....drum roll please....they fit! loose! not super loose but loose enough to def. say they were loose! maybe i will just wrap up my honeymoon jeans under the xmas tree?

still plan to stay focused on 1 to 1.5 pounds loss per week and NOT losing too fast and therefore losing muscle.
    working on eating almost all my exercise calories. doing at least 45 min of cardio PLUS jillian's SHRED daily.
    sleeping 8 hours, eating 4 to 6 veggie portions per day.
    174.5 (down half a pound)
    worked out 45 minutes every morning AND added nightly shred video...AND did a 10k race on Saturday
    BUT this was my highest calorie week since i started MFP and i was over goal like half of the week so i am grateful for losing at all.

this coming week the goal is 1.5 or more pounds down

lets stay totally focused EVERYONE!
    :)

nonscale victory: ran the 10K... cut about 30 seconds off of my average pace AND was ahead of my super fit size 4 gal-pal at the end!
  • janessac
    Options
    Weigh In:

Today: 148.0lbs
    Down 0.9lbs from last week, and down 5.3lbs so far. Superrr slow progress but I've been losing inches more than weight.
    I'm bound to be gaining muscle too now that the mountains are open for ski/board season =D I went skiing 2 times since Thursday and each time burns 2500+ calories :D:D now it's snowboarding all this week so next week should have a good loss!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so awesome! I'm very proud of us. If you didn't see my status it read:

‎58 women committed themselves to losing 20 pounds by Christmas. So far we have lost a total of 313 pounds in a month and a half doing NOTHING but exercising and eating right (kind-of..). Don't say it can't be done-- we're proof!

I'm SO PROUD of all of you!!!! Keep it up so we can hit the 500 lb mark by Christmas Eve!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Also-- I added myself to the bottom of the spreadsheet, don't know why I didn't assume I wasn't accountable as well!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello all:)! Sorry I missed weigh in this week I just got back from a vacation late last night. I was gone for a week and I was a bad choice machine lol :( I fined seven pounds and am now 157 boooo however I am going to buckle down and get that right off of me! This week is going to be a win!!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hahah I wish 157 sorry I am now 165! Booooo
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    186lbs....ouch. but i gotta stay honest!