What did you want to be when you grew up!

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    A mortician
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a photographer...ended up working at an assembly machine for 9yrs...wth!

Anyway now I'm the office manager at the same factory :) And do photography as a hobby!!! Would still like to do it professionally though!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a vet (until our dog got hit by a car & I was totally a wreck!), then I thought maybe a cashier, or something along those lines, I like orderly things, and filling out forms. Thought about accounting but hated that... too many ways to screw up, but yet look ok.

What I do? I work in a gravel pit! I was in the office for over 25 yrs, weighing in & out material. (Yes, I put those mean 'ole gravel trains out on the road! Legal weights only, thank you very much!) Plant closed & moved a couple of times within the same company, then was offered a quality control position. Already had the schooling, so now I am out in the field, running tests. Kinda goes with the numbers & order of things I always desired. Growing up in the Gravel Capital of the World (don't know if it still holds that title) so it was meant to be! Besides, I love playing in the dirt!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    When I was really young I wanted to be a pet store owner. Then I wanted to be a zoo keeper. Then I wanted to be a Vet. Then a doctor. Then Athletic Therapist and finally an Occupational Therapist. Oh. And now I want to own a cattle ranch.

What have I done?
    - Zoo Keeper: It was a blast. Hard to see other people make poor decisions regarding animal care and not have a say in it. I enjoyed my time there and have a lot of great memories and stories. I couldn't do it for a living though...
    - Vet: Well I assisted the Zoo vet... does that count? :P
    - Athletic Therapist: I worked as an unofficial AT as I finished up my AT degree. I then realized that I hated working with athletes.
    - Occupational Therapist: This is me now :)
    - Rancher: It's in the works, for mostly recreational purposes. We'll have a small herd (maybe 5 cows?) and use them for horse training/ horse work and then food in the fall. We hope to have our own property/ acreage in a year.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    wanted to be a psychologist...found out i HATE school...now im a clerical support clerk at a hospital..still psycho-analyze everyone
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    flight attendant, baby! coffee, tea, or me!? :)
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be a teacher, I would play "school" and boss my other friends around. Then in high school I wanted to be a nurse. Went to college for nursing and almost halfway through realized that I did not want to be a nurse after all. I am now in school part time without a specific major and I work full time at a plant nursery. I'm thinking towards advertising/marketing and I love working here at the nursery. I get to spend time inside and I get to be outside a lot too; it's the best of both worlds! I'm still not too sure about what I'll do when I grow up so we'll see!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    An Airline Pilot or a Police Officer (even went through an academy)

Now I'm a Mechanical Engineer designing parts that are used on commercial airplanes.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    flight attendant, baby! coffee, tea, or me!? :)
    I don't drink coffee and I don't drink tea, so by the process of elimination....
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a superhero.

Now I'm badass and wear spandex on a regular basis sans cape.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A whole slew of odd things! An adventurer, an astronaut, a pilot (haha my eyes are sooo bad!), a cow girl, a jockey (Not sure about that one. :/ )
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Stunt double.

I'm a licensed massage therapist.

basically the same thing.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    From the age of 6 ive always wanted to be a police woman! I use to practice running in my primary schoool, to keep my fitness levels up, at the age of 9 i took part in a running competition which was against lots of other school, and i came 1st for my school team! I was dressing up in police outfits pretending to be a police woman and stuff.. I then started high school in 2003, and started gaining the weight as i was been bullied day in day out. All my ambitions went out the window and i turned to foood :(..

I still want to be a police woman today! I go gym alot and run on the running machines, and im really trying my hardest to loose weight. I think i will carry on training to be a good runner, then when i get to my goal weight i think i will apply for the police force and see where i get :)

I am currently a qualified Child Care Practitioner, i have an NVQ level 3 in child care :) i work in the primary school doing lunch times when staff are off, and i also work in a clothes shop for the time being :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a beautician.

I am an accountant.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a cowboy. Except I've been thrown off horses way too much. So I'm an accountant.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a wide variety of things including professional athlete, actress, singer, writer, astronaut....alot of things that would have resulted in being famous and alot of attention

Every since early HS though I wanted to be a Marine Biologist, and thats what I am now.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a rock star, and a movie star, and a ballerina, and a cat burglar, and a detective. I'm a paralegal.

My singing voice is truly awful but you're never too old to start a life of crime.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be a teacher, writer, and photographer. I have my teaching degree but am still unemployed, I write only for fun, and photography is my passion.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wanted to pilot commercial airliners or own an upscale hair salon.
    I am an attorney.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I wanted to be a ballerina or a star on Broadway. My parents were both professional musicians who told me NOT to pursue this and so I ended up switching majors at college to PR and Communications. It's a good living but my soul belongs on stage.:brokenheart: