Where on I-70 are you? Week 6 [CLOSED GROUP]

Options
Good morning and welcome to week 6 of our challenge!
Huge shoutout to roadrunner for crossing the finish line over the weekend. Girl, you ROCK!
The rest of us have about a month to finish so let's get to it!

1st: roadrunner1990. 217.72 miles. FINISHED ON 11/26

2nd: wellsd1984. 181.4 miles. LC: Glenwood Springs, CO

3rd: mariawells. 154.3 miles. LC: Salina, KS

4th: leslye125. 125.7 miles. LC: Topeka, KS

5th: jessicamckay13. 99.9 miles. LC: Columbia, MO

6th: thamre. 89 miles. LC: Altamont, IL
7th: mariababe81. 80.93 miles. LC: Altamont, IL
8th: rtalencar85. 77.67 miles. LC: Altamont, IL

9th: topsking2010. 76.2 miles. LC: Indianapolis, IN
10th: Maryjaneshoes. 70 miles. LC: Indianapolis, IN
11th: smurfette75. 64.84 miles. LC: Indianapolis, IN
12th: bburg86. 61.9 miles. LC: Indianapolis, IN

13th: anichols2288. 57.03 miles. LC: Columbus, OH
14th: JennC831. 42.4 miles. LC: Columbus, OH

15th: promethea79. 13 miles. LC: Frederick, MD

MD: miles 1-10. Checkpoint at mile 5 in Frederick, MD.
PA: miles 10-26. Checkpoint at mile 18 in Youngwood, PA.
WV: miles 26-28. No checkpoint. It’s a short one ;)
OH: miles 28-50. Checkpoint at mile 35 in Columbus, OH.
IN: miles 50-65. Checkpoint at mile 58 in Indianapolis, IN.
IL: miles 65-80. Checkpoint at mile 72 in Altamont, IL.
MO: miles 80-105. Checkpoint at mile 93 in Columbia, MO.
KS: miles 105-147. Checkpoints at mile 120 in Topeka, KS and mile 135 in Salina, KS.
CO: miles 147-192. Checkpoints at mile 162 Denver, CO, and mile 180 in Glenwood Springs, CO.
UT: miles 192-215. Checkpoint at mile 203 in Emery, UT. FINISH LINE in Cove Fort, UT

Replies

• thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    congrats, roadrunner!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    15 km brings me to 86.99 miles
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump. Congrats Roadrunner! Are you now going to see if you can lap us? Lol.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Congrats RoadRunner!

Taking another day of virus recovery then getting back to it! Happy Monday everyone!
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You Rock Roadrunner! Thats amazing footwork girl!
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I MADE IT???? WOAH! I thought I had another ten miles?! Yay! Thanks everyone! What can I say, I just LOVE to run! =) Keep at it and I will too! I think I am going to take a break for a good two weeks before I start into Marathon training... EEEKKK my very first marathon! I hope I can do it!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I MADE IT???? WOAH! I thought I had another ten miles?! Yay! Thanks everyone! What can I say, I just LOVE to run! =) Keep at it and I will too! I think I am going to take a break for a good two weeks before I start into Marathon training... EEEKKK my very first marathon! I hope I can do it!

Oh, crap! please tell me I didn't mess up the mathz? haha
  • Promethea79
    Promethea79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Tuesday 11/22: 3.7 miles
    Wednesday 11/23: 3 miles
    Thursday 11/24 : 2 miles

Total: 8.7 miles

I hope everyone had a great thankgiving weekned! Take care!
  • Leslye125
    Options

Holy Cow girl, this is your normal running, you've not ALREADY been 26.2 training? Wow girl, you are impressive!
  • Alexagetsfit
    Options
    1.25 miles today
  • Alexagetsfit
    Options
    3.3 miles this morning. Woohoo! Finally in Indianapolis! I need to get my bootay moving, I've been slackin at the back of the pack. I officially start training this week, which means I will be exhausted. I can live with that.
  • thamre
    Options
    1 mile yesterday and 4 miles today
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    3.85 this morning and I think I'm out. My knee was killing me after just 2 miles. I don't even know if I can do my 3 mile fundraiser this weekend. I'm going to call my doc today. Sorry guys :( I'll cheer from the side of the road though.
  • Promethea79
    Promethea79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I walked 2.5 miles in the mall this morning :). I will run/walk 3 miles this evening.

Have a great day!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump for later...no run today
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Officially out. I'll be a cheerleader though :)

Two weeks with meds then if it's still hurting when running I need an MRI. She thinks I have a LCL tear or the tendon that connects the hamstring is torn. Boooo!

Keep runnin' everyone!
  • thamre
    Options
    walked 1 mile this morning
  • Alexagetsfit
    Options
    Officially out. I'll be a cheerleader though :)

Two weeks with meds then if it's still hurting when running I need an MRI. She thinks I have a LCL tear or the tendon that connects the hamstring is torn. Boooo!

Keep runnin' everyone!

Aw. I'm so sorry. Don't pull anything cheerleading. ;)
  • Leslye125
    Options
    Anichols, I am so sorry to hear that you are out! Hang in there. I may be out with you too though. :sad:

My fellow I-70 movers. I need your help/advice too. On Thanksgiving for my San Fran Turkey Trot I pulled my calf muscle, or something. I was a mile from the finish when my right calf started killing me. It was like someone one was twisting it. It was painful and extremely tight. I walked to the finish, and just continued to walk to warm it down. We didn’t run anymore that weekend, but we walked a ton. Doing lots of hills (remember, San Fran). It hurt, but not excruciating. I didn’t have a heating pad, but did Advil every few hours. It was still tender when we got home, but I could walk on it just fine. Last night was the first time I tried to run again, I got about a mile and a half into my run and it started hurting again. I had to walk the rest of the way, so depressing. I put heat on it as soon as we got home, but its still tender ths morning. My husband thinks I pulled a muscle. I don't know. He won't let me run until it "heals" Can anyone tell me what I did and what I need to do? I don’t want to have to give up running!!! :sad:

BTW Maria, add 5 miles to my tally, hopefully this won't be my last 5!!! :sad: