Can't meet my calorie goal

Options
I burned a little over 700 calories working out today, so my calorie goal as 2100. I cannot seem to meet it! I feel like I've been eating all day and yet I still have 500+ calories left. The only thing I'm over in is sugar because I've had 2 pieces of fruit and dietary fiber. Idk what to eat. I don't have much fat left (I ate almonds and eggs today) either. I'm really not hungry and I feel like I've eaten tons today. What would you do? Just leave it?

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    *head desk*
    You can't meet your calorie goal? How did you get fat to begin with?
    Paradoxically, your original problem is also the solution to your current problem.
    Ready for this?

1.) Put food in mouth
    2.) Chew food
    3.) Swallow
    4.) Repeat until calorie goal has been met.

If veggies are filling you up too fast, move on to cheese burgers and ice cream.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just leave it. If you're not feeling hungry, don't eat. Just get enough water. If you increase your calorie intake, technically you can increase the amounts of everything (fat/carbs/etc) - since they're set to the initial intake calories. Make sure you've had enough protein.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    *head desk*
    Paradoxically, your original problem is also the solution to your current problem.
    Ready for this?

1.) Put food in mouth
    2.) Chew food
    3.) Swallow

If veggies are filling you up too fast, move on to cheese burgers and ice cream.

seriously?!?!
  • jenkamac
    jenkamac Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    *head desk*
    Ready for this?

1.) Put food in mouth
    2.) Chew food
    3.) Swallow

Love it.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods.
    -Nuts and nut butters
    -Avocado
    -Olive or coconut oil
    -chia seeds
    -Full-fat dairy
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    Lol, funny you say that, I just had a bowl of frozen yogurt. I've been at this for 2 weeks and I'm noticing I just can't eat as much.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nut butters, avocado, beef, and cheese.

;)
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    yeah, I've never really understood this "too many calorie" predicament either!... buuuuuttt maybe treat yourself to your favorite candy or icecream!? Thats what I would do with leftover cals. haha
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    olive oil. but if you can't tolerate it, just don't worry about it. one day won't hurt.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    *head desk*
    Ready for this?

1.) Put food in mouth
    2.) Chew food
    3.) Swallow

Love it.

LOVE IT TOO!
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungary don't eat! I don't think it is necessary to eat the calories you burn off during exercise anyway. My trainer advises me to stick to a set number of calories regardless of how many I end up burning each day.
  • Luv2BMommy
    Options
    Some people are so rude.

I wouldn't worry about trying to eat all of your calories. I would eat till you're satisfied and chalk the excess up to speeding up your weight loss.

Good luck! :-)
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    if you are full, you are full. as someone who rarely uses any work out calories and loses weight pretty steadily, i dont believe you necessarily need to eat them to lose. dont force yourself to eat if you dont want to - that is the wrong mindset. those sorts of mindless eating are what make us fat to begin with. i have no idea why someone would tell you to do that.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    *head desk*
    Ready for this?

1.) Put food in mouth
    2.) Chew food
    3.) Swallow

seriously?!?!

Yes.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Don`t worry about going over in any one macro if you have calories left over. Eating over in fats is not going to make you fat. Being over in cals does that.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Some people are so rude.

I wouldn't worry about trying to eat all of your calories. I would eat till you're satisfied and chalk the excess up to speeding up your weight loss.

Good luck! :-)

I agree, for the most part. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. As long as you don't make it a habit, you should be fine. Don't stuff yourself with empty calories (aka junk food) just to eat the calories. Just try to eat more calorie-dense foods (nuts, fats, etc.) next time you exercise. Just try to not go too low (sub-1200) too often and you should be fine.

I probably won't meet my calorie goal today unless for some reason I'm famished after the gym tonight, but it eventually balances out with days I eat too many calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it's a one-off day, I wouldn't worry about it. I've noticed that when I have really big burns, I don't always have that much of an appetite that same day. But I might want a little extra the next day. I'm in the same boat, as I burned 700 and have about 400 left. I'll probably have a glass of chocolate milk at bedtime, which will give me about 150g of protein for the day, and maybe dip into those leftover calories tomorrow if I need them.

If it's a regular occurrence, though, plan your days a little more carefully to include a little more with each meal or snack. It's a lot easier to add 150 extra calories to each meal than to try to cram 450 down your throat at the end of the day.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'd have a large glass of wine or a super cold beer and cheers to the beginning of the merry season!!
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

As far as resorting back to old habits, that's a slippery slope for me. The reason I got "fat" in the first place was because I had 2 babies in 2 years, the youngest of which has severe physical anomalies. I struggled with depression and ate for comfort. Understand though, I never ate a huge bag of Cheetos in one sitting or a tub of ice cream alone. I was never really an overeater. When my youngest was born, we ate out all the time. I just didn't have the energy or the motivation to cook. I didn't make time to exercise or eat right. We were so busy with doctors appointments and surgeries that I just didn't make time for me. Things have finally calmed down, my son is doing well and I'm finally focusing on fueling my body with healthy food rather than sodium filled take out. THAT, my friend, is how I got "fat."
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I never eat my burned cals back. Not on purpose anyway! I consider it wiggle room if I go over 1200 cals