If you could give only piece of advice

Options

Replies

• heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    a combo of strength training and cardio is really the most effective exercise routine for weight loss.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Plan. Record your day's calories BEFORE you eat them!! And adjust accordingly.

I do this a lot. Especially for dinner. If I know what I am going to make, I enter it right away then I know if or how much of a snack I can have.

Actually, a lot of great advice. Especially the forgive yourself comment. If you screw up, let it go. Don't tank everything because of a bad day.

Implement a support system you trust and make your diary viewable to them. It really helps knowing my friends are going to see what I ate.

Good luck, you can totally do this!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Don't put 'weight' as your primary outcome. You can still be of average weight and be healthy. You can be low weight and still have health risks. You can be of low weight and still have lots of body fat. Instead make your goal to be fit and strong.

It is rarer (though it can still happen) to see an unhealthy athlete.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    grab a HRM and see how much work it really takes to burn the calories...think before you eat!! =)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Don't take things so seriously. Life is too great to worry about trivial matters. Focus on the important things: health and happiness.
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    Eat to live, don't live to eat.
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Take a before and after picture. You'd be suprised.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Just stay focused. Keep your reasons for wanting to lose and what motivated you easily available so that you can go back to your original goals and renew your focus and determination from time to time.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Take the same time to "workout your inside" as well. Many of the obstacles you need to overcome are inside of your head.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Eat to live, DO NOT live to eat, and remember: a minute in your lips and forever on your hips.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Set aside the focus on weight and, instead, make choices that are in the best interest of your health. The results are the same, and you'll be less stressed not dwelling on the calories.
  • billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Stay Consistent, in nutrition and exercise, even if you slip up a day, be back at it the next. Repeatedly doing it will reinforce your doing it right.

Good Luck!! :)
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Don't try to change your whole life in one day! Take it slow, tackle one habit at a time. Be in it for the long run!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Take the same time to "workout your inside" as well. Many of the obstacles you need to overcome are inside of your head.

Great advice!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you've never lived unless there is a rule made up because of something you did.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes time, so however you choose to do it, keep doing it!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    If you could give only one piece of advice.... It would be a miracle.

this is not a punishment... I'm doing this to make my life better and more enjoyable.
    In the end, like everything, it comes down to priorities and trade-offs.
  • auntiebabs
    Options
    Don't try to change your whole life in one day! Take it slow, tackle one habit at a time. Be in it for the long run!

Excellent!!!! So true easy to stick with it if you conquer a couple of small things at a time instead of up-ending your whole world getting frustrated and giving up.
  • auntiebabs
    Options
    Oops! Double Post