totally discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    :smile: Definitely do not let this discourage you!! Just the fact that the clothes you have been wearing got to big on you should be encouragement enough!!

I had this one piece bathing suit back in the day I LOVED, it was a size 14/16 to begin with. Well when I finally had to get rid of it cause it had worn out I was really wearing a 22/24 size. That bathing suit had just stretche along wth me. It is very easy for our clothes to stretch out a bit here and there, plus how many of us wear clothes that are actually to tight on us??

You keep going and pay no mind to that size tag on your clothes. Just strut your stuff in yourf new clothes KNOWING you look great!!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've lost 75lbs and still have to get the same size in tops and skirts, although I can get into smaller leggings - just !!! It is very discouraging to go into a shop and try on smaller sizes only to find they still don't fit.

I measured myself - I've only lost an inch from my hips and chest and half an inch from my waist - how, what??!! I imagine I'm losing it as an even layer all over my body and not just the places that really matter LOL

I suppose the main thing is that I have less stress on my joints from the excess weight and I'm getting healthier - smaller clothes will come eventually!
  • Tialove1
    Options
    Give your body some more time. Before you know it, your body may suddenly drop a clothing size or two. It can be discouraging, but keep going.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sewing "perfect" tags in jeans.... what a GREAT idea!!! My husband says same sizes differ in like jeans because of the "Goldilocks" syndrome... sometimes they sew on the outside of the lines, sometimes they sew on the inside of lines, and sometimes they sew ON the lines! lol
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i bet you squeezed yourself into them at some stage and stretched them to fit your body. Plus some brands im a 14 and others in a 16 so it could be that. Some of my clothes i wear now are the same shirts i wore as a kid, they just stretched with me!
  • meouch
    meouch Posts: 18
    Options
    I had surgery earlier this year and lost about 30 lbs, 8 months later I've gained it back plus an extra 10lbs. Ugh. I started got new book, started a blog, and went grocery shopping. I'm trying!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I used to work in retail, and I can say that most of the sizes are totally arbitrary and are constantly changing even within the same brands. When I was in highschool I weighed around 155 and wore a size 14. I'm 200 now and still wear a size 14. If I try on some of the 14s I used to wear, they don't fit. A while back, all the brands caught on that if they reduce the size on the tag, then women would want to buy more clothes in the smaller size, even though the actual cut wasn't any smaller. The sizes are starting to gravitate back up. I would also think that where the clothes are manufactured also plays a part. Clothes manufacturered in Turkey are likely to have a more Western fit (ie, bigger) than clothes made in Indonesia. Don't be discouraged! You look gorgeous, and you know that you are smaller.
  • j_alston
    Options
    I have lost 40 lbs. in the past 6 months and my size 16's fit really bad........... but I can barely zip or button my 14's that I have tucked away in the back of the closet. The only difference I have changed in dress size is my outwear. I can button and zip all of my coats/jackets and still have 3-4 inches of excess fabric left over . Bottom line you are not alone............keep up the good work.

Thanks for the motivation; when I compare your log-ins to mines, it's pretty sad and inspires me to follow your lead. :-)
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've shopped at the same store(s) for the majority of my adult life (Macy's, Boston Store, New York & CO, Dillards, Nordstrom Rack) I haven't been in the juniors department in years (it was an ego thing, why buy a 15/17 juniors when I can buy a 12 Misses?) The only size that has changed in my bra size, they've gotten smaller (HALLELUJAH :bigsmile: ) it just seems weird! I know Im not a number but dagonnit there are numbers in the tape measure, the scale, and every item of clothing I own. Swear Im gonna sew "PERFECT" on the tag of all my jeans

I promise you I love the perfect idea! i am going to do that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!