Recommend some workout dvds please?

Options
I will be joining a gym soon but that may be a few weeks, I'd like to get started on something now!

I know there are thousands of get fit, keep fit, lose weight, etc dvds out there, so which ones have you tried? Which work, which don't? Which ones do you prefer?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Don't join a gym, save your money. Check out ChaLEAN Extreme! Awesome program!!!!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's "30 day shred" pops up on here OFTEN!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love my Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. Full body circuit workout that only take about 27 minutes with warm up and cool down.
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just cam across this website... bodyrock.tv.. it has a ton of pretty intense workouts on there and they are free.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam with Chalene Johnson.
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser Boot Camp. Zumba is super fun!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Insanity! I love it!!!
  • alanamullen
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Once I've done my tidying and had some dinner, I'll look these all up.

:)
  • FellowStriver
    Options
    I love Billy Blank's Tae-Bo workouts. So fun! Empowering to kick and punch - He's very upbeat.
  • aripak
    aripak Posts: 33
    Options
    Turbo Fire. The only dvds I never get sick of!
  • DCUMM
    DCUMM Posts: 9
    Options
    Another thing to consider is to use your DVR if you have one. Gilad's bodies in motion is on every morning on fit tv at 4am, I record it, and have a new workout 5 days a week. I like it better than a dvd because it's super effective, but different daily, so you don't get tired of the same thing all the time. Changing it up keeps your muscles working!
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've tried JM 30 Day Shred and I am currently doing Ripped in 30 and The Butt Bible (also a good workout). But if you do decide to join a gym...check out Zumba!!!! Its fun and helps you lose inches off your waist!

Personally, I dont agree with spending so much money at a gym when I can do it all in the comfort of my home BUT everyone is different!!! Either way...whatever route you decide to take...I wish you the best!!!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    *Dance off the inches fat burning bellydance* ( you can get it from target, walmart, amazon etc...for $10 or so :) is fun... zumba, and TURBOFIRE! ;) ...those are my favorites! Also if you are looking for something that still burns calories, but is not super intense... leslie sansone's walk off the pounds dvds....
  • baileysmomma922
    Options
    Denise Austin helped me lose a ton of weight and she has ten minute work outs! :wink:
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit, EA Active2 on my Wii. I also to AM/PM Yoga. Pilates is fun too. Zumba is awesome. I'm still trying to learn how to move my feet and arms at the same time.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yep 30 day shred, you will get real results fast! get it measure everything and watch your body change! no I am not on commission lol!
  • J_Lopez
    Options
    Chalene Extreme --- or any by Jillian Michaels.
  • janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been taping some stuff on my DVR so I can try them before buying. Only drawback is you have to fast forward past the commercials. I tried Gilad and Denise Austin. Both were good.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ive got lots of fitness dvds, my faves are clubland workout of your life, and pump it up body burn dvd :)

Theres both really good cardio workouts, gets ur heart pumping and makes ya sweat!!
  • Gidge2222
    Options
    I am doing Turbo Fire and I LOVE it!!!