Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• alyssadiane
    Options
    facebook of all places lol but yes it did turn out good and we are getting engaged shortly:)
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    well I married my high school sweetheart, but we were 30 when we finally took the plunge, unfortunately we are currently separated and on our way to a very happy divorce, for reals, so in June I went to a high school reunion and met up with someone from High school, we have been dating 6 months we will see where it leads but for now it is fun and makes me feel good about myself.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    in my apartment. hes a phone man and he put my phone line in. i totally hooked him...poor *kitten* :)
  • kwamsat
    kwamsat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ugh.

please don't make me cry today. seriously, i look pretty and don't need the red blotchy face.

someone buy me a beer, damnit.

We should get a beer together! lol!
    Its been a long year! : )
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Outside the United Center in Chicago at a Blackhawks practice. :) Finding a man who's as passionate about the team as I am...it's pretty amazing ;) Haha.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    online... FitnessSingles.com
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    a internet chat room...
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    high school, he and I have been together for almost 3 years now.
  • AliV91
    AliV91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In a play in the 7th grade, it took me 3 years to convince him, but It was worth it!
    :love:
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    at a bbq in seoul korea of all places
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    She was standing on a street corner in a half-torn mini skirt, heels, and some white powder around her nose. I was driving by and happened to have a 5 dollar bill on me. The rest is history. :love:

That's the most romantic story ever.
  • addiebaby
    Options
    he was a friend of my sister's boyfriend. we met while camping in October 2007, married a year later.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Prison. LOL No seriously, we met at work. We're not together anymore, but that's where we met... I have no clue where to meet Mr Right.
  • cycle_queen
    cycle_queen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We played field hockey on the same co-ed team when we were about 14. We had a common friend that introduced us and we became good friends. I also remember working with him through high school. We went to different high schools so I'm guessing field hockey was a way for us to get to know each other. It wasn't until I was 26 that we started dating. :)
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I met my lovely guy on a blind date set up by his sisters who I knew quite well, I didnt realise they had an older brother it was christmas I had come out of a 5 year relationship and his marrige had ended a few months before.

I arranged and cancelled a ew times and he had even had a new haircut or one o the occasions and his sister told me how gutted he was... I soon softened and agreed ...He picked me up to take me out and turned up an hour early. I had to ring my neighbour to come over and iron my clothes as I still had wet hair and didn't want him to see me with no make up. She came up and told me he smelled good and was cute and she was sure he was my type.

We went for a drive to another village where we went to a local pub. The rest is history we hit it off imediatly and have been together for 5 years. We now live in that village and I think we are pretty much perfect for eachother.

Quite sickly I know haha. It is scary how much we had and have in common x
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    In a van, down by the river....
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Online... a free one! I was just about to call it quits on dating websites.. and BAM.. he emailed me... I was like, "Dang, he's cute... it can't hurt!" We just bought a house and have plans to get married.. someday.. ;)

Which one?

It's called Plenty of Fish... there are some really interesting people on there.. but if you can wade through the BS of some of the guys, then there really are people that want to find that special person. :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Yahoo Personals back when they were free!
  • summersk
    Options
    In the US Navy on board the same ship, in same division but different departments. I had no idea he even liked me until he called me his wife while talking to a mutual friend of ours. LOL Been together almost ten years and happily married for 8 of those.
  • ginny1214
    Options
    Love the stories! :)