Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• Hannaca1992
    Options
    He was my brother's best friend, met him at mine in July 2007, got together August 2007 and been together since (: <3
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    We went to school together.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    At my summer job.....making subs at Blimpie's. He had put in an application one of the days I was working and I put in a good word....because he was looking so good....and he got the job. We flirted instead of trained on his very first shift. :laugh: 12 years later, we're still making each other laugh. :smile:
  • Prudieee
    Prudieee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On a wine tour in Bourdeaux, France!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    At a bar on Halloween 2009... :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when i was 18 at a bar (i'm 33 now) We stayed friends up until about 5 years ago when we started dating.. We are now married with a beautiful son who just turned 3. Actually we just got married a week ago today :)
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    he responded to my personal ad in Nov '08 (few ups and downs) we got married Feb '11. he is my best friend and I love him more and more every day.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when i was 18 at a bar (i'm 33 now) We stayed friends up until about 5 years ago when we started dating.. We are now married with a beautiful son who just turned 3. Actually we just got married a week ago today :)

Congrats
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Online - but not a dating site. (www.deviantart.com)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    facebook of all places lol but yes it did turn out good and we are getting engaged shortly:)

where the heck do you meet people on FB?
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a bowling alley. We were on the same league...different teams. My team won 1st pace, his won 2nd and I got 2 children and a wonderful marriage out of it! ;-)
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Online... a free one! Yahoo personals, he paid I didn't.

me, too! the personal started as a way to take up some free time, and lo and behold---it's where i met the love of my life! We are now happily married and thankful for those seemingly silly old personals;) <3<3<3<3
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    a bar. i know, i know...

Me too!!! AND i took him home that night, lmao. We've been together for over 6 years and almost to our 4 year anniversary. Even though there are days where i would like to choke him.... i can't imagine my life with out him.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Online... a free one! I was just about to call it quits on dating websites.. and BAM.. he emailed me... I was like, "Dang, he's cute... it can't hurt!" We just bought a house and have plans to get married.. someday.. ;)

okcupid.com and myyearbook.com are 2 other good free sites
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Online, in a chat room.

Met in person 5 months later, then he moved across country to be with me. We have now been together for almost 9 years and have a 6yr old daughter together. :heart:
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    at a mutual friends party july 4th 2000, seems like a forever ago lol
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The crossroads in the barrens.

He was riding a pony and I walked up to him and licked him.

That was 2004, we met in RL in 2007.

Been together ever since <3

BTW, this is a World of Warcraft reference for all of you who don't know...
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    He was the Fed Ex delivery guy at my office. We are engaged now! Best package I ever signed for! lol
  • marshalemar
    Options
    We met at church - I was close to our Pastor's family and he was practically raised as family along with them so we had mutual friends. We become the best of friends and stayed that way - we would go separate ways for a few months at a time and both had kids with other people but always came back in touch with each other - never went longer than 6 months without speaking at all. We loved about 50 miles apart but that didn't matter either. He started working for Boeing where I worked and we still remained friends until one day we started talking about what life would be like together. That was 13 years after we met...started talking about marriage in September and in November we were married - just celebrated out 7th wedding anniversary this month.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    The crossroads in the barrens.

He was riding a pony and I walked up to him and licked him.

That was 2004, we met in RL in 2007.

Been together ever since <3

BTW, this is a World of Warcraft reference for all of you who don't know...

LOL, that's awesome!