Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where did you meet your special someone?

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    this post has been intentionally left blank by laura.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    9th grade in high school. We are coming up on 10 months being married!
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    About ten years or more ago I found myself bonding with a man in Town Square because of a mutal enemy. This guy and I had mutal friends but never really liked each other for all sorts of reasons. Once we got rid of our enemy there wasn't really much more to do but play StarCraft and Diablo II LoD. When that became boring he thought he'd call me up one night to tell me he is driving up to Minnesota from Albuquerque, New Mexico and will be at my house in 20 hours.

I just graduated high school two weeks before and was still living at home. I scrambled to to inform my parents and pretty much beg them for him to stay over. Needless to say everything went just fine and several years later we are still together and have been married now for almost 2 years.

So, the short version is online playing some computer games and not on a dating site.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    believe it or not...craigslist... I don't know why I was so stupid to put an add on there but he was the only person who responded that I liked. After talking about a month or so we met in person, I brough my best friend (gay guy) with me to make sure something didn't happen to me. We barely spoke but couldn't stop smiling or looking at each other. We moved in together after 9 months of dating and been together almost 3 years...one day we'll get married,etc, we love each other more than anything :)
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    We met at work! I trained him when he came in as a new hire and he jokes about how he was sleeping his way to the top but in all reality I didn't want to date someone that I worked with and he wasn't taking no as an answer, WELL after he was out of training and i was in a diff dept he and I were suppose to go out for drinks, well I got the flu and he came over to my place (friends of my roommate) with tissues, soup, and dvd's for me! He was like my night in shining armor!!! 2 yrs later -Now gettting married May 19th 2012!!! LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART!!!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Facebooooook <3 We met last year around this time :) Actually, tomorrow it's been exactly a year since we met!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    A D&D game.
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Though a mutual musician friend who knew we both liked all the same bands (mostly 80's rock), and thought we had so much in common that we should meet. We exchanged emails for a few months - found out we only lived about 5 minutes away from each other, and made plans to go see the band LA Guns at a local venue. It's been 3 years and we're still going to concerts and having a blast! I honestly never thought I'd meet my perfect match - but it couldn't be any more perfect. :-)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Target fitting room - he had the mirrors on top of his shoes & he just caught my eye. He's got the most beautiful blue eyes.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    He was checking me out at Stater Brothers...literally he was my checker and asked me to a concert while ringing up my groceries!

You must be from the IE. LOL.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    We met at work. He was dating a co-worker in my department and I was dating somebody in his. both of those relationships were doomed from the start. We started dating almost two years after he broke up with his ex and have been together for seven years come january and married for six in February.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Here on MPF :love:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Once upon a time.....At work. He was an assistant supervisor. I was but a lowly employee. Last Saturday was the 36th anniversary of our first date. Married 35 years last July. Four kids. Happily ever after! ♥♥♥♥
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    The Fishing Hole...it was a bar. :)
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    I just started dating again, it's not all that fun...lol. But I did just meet a woman that makes me grin and I can't get enough...through Match.com
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Online... a free one! I was just about to call it quits on dating websites.. and BAM.. he emailed me... I was like, "Dang, he's cute... it can't hurt!" We just bought a house and have plans to get married.. someday.. ;)

me too, but I emailed him just as I was going to shut my profile down...been together 4 years, getting married in 3 years
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    I was a dental assistant and he was a patient, 30 years!!!
  • The summer before my senior year of high school.. He was a server at a resturant. My mom gave him my number with his tip.. 12 years later we are married with 2 kids:)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    I had met her before, but where we hit it off was a friends 4th of july party
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    A the most cheerful place possibly - a production of Hamlet. I was playing Ophelia, and he came to suck up to one of his professors who was playing The Ghost. He also happened to come the same night as my brother, who he worked with when they were in high school. When I went to say hi to my brother after the show, my BF and him were standing together catching up. It was love at first conversation :-)