30DSember Group - Level 1, Week 1 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello ladies and WELCOME to the challenge!! I am excited to start this workout with you all! Here is how our level 1 challenge will work:

Level 1 will be accomplished in 2 parts, week 1 (5 days), and week 2 (5 days), with a total of 10 days. Week 1 starts now!

You have 7 days (from 11/28 - 12/4) to complete 5 workouts. After each workout, you are asked to post your results, such as

a) Level 1 day 1 complete
b) My workout was....(share how you felt before, during, after)
c) I will improve my next work out by.... (share any changes, if applic)

PLEASE NOTE - YOU MUST BE ACTIVE IN THE GROUP TO REMAIN. PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK IN WITH US!
20gfgnq.jpg

Replies

• Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting this challenge tomorrow! I've done Level 1 several times before and it does kick your butt! Never gone past that so I can't wait to do Level 2 and 3. Thanks for starting this challenge and good luck to you!
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had my husband take measurements last night. I am going to try and focus on the measurements shrinking and not the weight this time. This will be so much fun.

Smiles to all
    Tonya
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good morning to you all. I'm nervous and the same time excited to start this challenge. I had my husband take measurement this morning and I am looking forward to shrink and lose some weight. Let's start to a new day.
  • chanson104
    Options
    Good Morning!

a) Day 1 of Level 1 Completed
    b) It is more tough than what I contemplated 20 minutes could be. During the work out I lived to hear "only two more"!
    c) I don't have a lot of room to work out at home so I'm making some modifications for more space. I look forward to having that completed so I don't have to worry about hitting something during my work out.

Happy Shredding!!
  • ysamatar
    Options
    Good Morning!

a) Day 1 of Level 1 Completed
    b) It is more tough than what I contemplated 20 minutes could be. During the work out I lived to hear "only two more"!
    c) I don't have a lot of room to work out at home so I'm making some modifications for more space. I look forward to having that completed so I don't have to worry about hitting something during my work out.

Happy Shredding!!

Christine, You made my day and put a big smile on my face.:smile:
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Good morning group! My measurements are done, but i hope to lose a few pounds too. The hub and I will be shredding after work. As mentioned previously, I'm gonna use 3lb weights versus the 5lbs. As I get stronger, i'll move up.

Please note, you cannot exceed 5 workouts this week. If you do, it will count as a bonus, it will not carry over. You should allow your body a rest period anyway.

WTG Christine in leading the way sport-smiley-001.gif

You ladies are awesome!!
    Felicia
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements this morning! Last time I did it I didn't see much difference in weight loss, so it will be nice to see the inches come off at least.

Will hopefully complete first work out later on tonight. I remember it being really tough to start with.
  • pandabear_
    Options
    A) Day 1 of level 1 completed
    B) It was quite good, I think because I have done it before I knew what to expect. But I did feel a little sick and exhausted during the jumping!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 Complete

I am so glad several mentioned taking their measurements prior to this challenge, so I followed through and weighed in, measured, and put on "that" pair of jeans I want to get into pre-New Year!

I must admit that having never done it before, I did well to forgo the weights my first day... just to focus on proper form and good thing...I made it all the way through! Funny thing is, my daughter walked in afterward and wants to give it a go as well! So I may see my way through another round this evening, this time with some light weights....day 1 is feeling pretty great :happy:

I had to get some protein (& water) in right away...could feel that fatique creeping up....much better now :drinker:

mj
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 complete!

I like the circuit 3 cardio portion the best because I like that it is the cardio from circuit 1 & 2. It is the little things that make me happy...lol.

My shoulders are still sore from my workouts this weekend. I don't have any 3 lb weights so I had to use 5 lb weights. I had to take short breaks during some of the shoulder work.

I took my measurements today too. I'm ready to see some changes!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    A) level 1, day 1 complete!
    B) OMGoodness!! I'm hurtin' I was pleased with the 3lb weights. My favorite part was the stretching at the end!!
    C) I think I'll wear my running shoes for the next workout. My reg tennies made my feet ache!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    A) Day 1 of level 1 completed
    B) It was quite good, I think because I have done it before I knew what to expect. But I did feel a little sick and exhausted during the jumping!

Glad you got through the workout with no surprises!
  • ysamatar
    Options
    A. D1 of level 1 done.
    B. It was harder than expected. I decided to use the 5lbs weight since my kids joined to work out with me, hence I had no choice but the 5lbs. Also did the modified version of the push-ups.
    C. Looking forward to the next work out.
  • Haz89
    Haz89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:
    Took my measurements and I have a goal in mind, lose as many inches possible and hopefully a few pounds. First workout wasn't too bad, it was what I expected. My feet hurt a bit from the jumping and running, but that's how I know its working. I thought the push ups were a bit challenging but I pushed through and I'm glad I did because it feels so great. I can't to see the results at the end. Good Luck everyone!
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 complete! I've done it before so I knew what to expect. I used 5 pound weights and actually did it all the way through without stopping. I don't plan on measuring myself. I will just go off of the way my clothes fit me. I am doing other workouts besides the 30DS though; I want to see results!!! Can't wait to start Level 2!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Glad you all got through the workout, don't forget to post your A, B, Cs
  • chanson104
    Options
    Great job everyone!! And may I say Ouch!!

I'm reading a book right now called An Accidental Athlete A funny Thing Happened on the way to Middle Age. It's a fun read, and I highly recommend it. It's written by a man that started running in his 40's. I suspect that I'm not the only one that can relate to his stories (especially amongst the C25K group)!
  • pandabear_
    Options
    A. Day 2 Level 1 completed
    B. The work out was ok except I had trouble doing the push ups! My shoulders and chest were aching from yesterday's work out, so I could really feel the pain there.
  • chanson104
    Options
    a) Level 1 Day 2 completed
    b) I was concerned about how this workout would go because I am hurting so bad from yesterday, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and it went really fast!
    c) I cannot think of anything that I will do differently next time unless it would be turning down the volume. The music is starting to get old, and, Jillian, I love you, but right now I cannot stand the sound of your voice!
  • Haz89
    Haz89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    A.Day 2 L1 Complete!
    B. I'm so happy I got through it. I was looking at the time on the DVD player and definitely following Anita.
    C.It feels awesome once I'm done.