Recommend some workout dvds please?

Options
2»

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred is cheap ($10) and it's not a bad workout! That's a good place to start! If you're up for a challenge and have a little extra money to spend, anything by beachbody is great too! they have tons of different programs to suit your workout style!
  • alanamullen
    Options
    I can see me enjoying this JM one!

I don't mind joining the gym, my doctor is sorting it out for me so I wouldn't have to worry about paying.

There's actually a Zumba class on tonight that I'm thinking about going to.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    The JM DVDs are great and really inexpensive. If you are looking for a program, go no further than Rushfit. I am head over heels in love with it :)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Insanity is great
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire, I lost 12 lbs and 13 inches at the beginning of the year doing it. Turbo Jam is a little bit easier but still awesome if you want to start with that. Good luck!
  • victor73
    victor73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've had friends who have tried the following:
    Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
    P90x & P90
    Insanity
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo
    Skoggs System Kettlebells
    Yoga for Cardio

I personally have used the Skoggs System Kettlebells DVDs and they're pretty good, but it's completely up to you what kind of exercise you want to concentrate on, whether it be aerobics, weight training, or other. Look at each system and read people's reviews on sites like this or amazon.com to see what kind of results people have achieved (I rarely ever look at the product's website for reviews because they usually take only the absolute best weight loss stories to make their product seem like the best.)

What I've seen and heard from friends is that they've had better success using multiple DVDs and mixing it up from week to week or month to month. Not only does it keep things different, but the intervals help to work different muscles and keeps you from getting bored with the same routine.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    I can see me enjoying this JM one!

I don't mind joining the gym, my doctor is sorting it out for me so I wouldn't have to worry about paying.

There's actually a Zumba class on tonight that I'm thinking about going to.

You should go to the Zumba class!!! I do Zumba on my Xbox & I LOVE it!!! You don't even realize that your working out & you can burn a TON of cals!
  • dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to have to vote 30 Day Shred - almost done - one more day!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Zumba can be overwhelming the first night. Make sure you take the class at least 3 times before you even think of quitting. I love it! I have noticed that I am losing weight differently than I have in the past. More off my waist and upper body.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Kettlebell Goddess" from Dragon Door. I'm no goddess, so I haven't personally used it, but I have heard nothing but good things.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Insanity- its a very challengeing workout
    30 Day shred- i recomend for beginners
    Tae BO- not my favorite but still good workout
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism- Cardio, Cardio, Cardio
    Ripped in 30- Toning
    No more trouble zones - gettin rid of those problem areas
    Turbo Fire-Never done
    Turbo Jam- Never done
    Zumb- Never done

I am a Jillian Michaels junkie (All because of awesome results form the shred) . I have 4 dvds of hers and will be getting one more. than i'll start C25K when the weather turns nice and insanity for the summer.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    yoga booty ballet is fun
  • Csheffer07
    Options
    I definitely recommend Zumba for Cardio!! Its fun you can do it at your own pace and can burn between 500-1000 Calories in one hr! AMAZING!