Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• antoninamae
    antoninamae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    She was standing on a street corner in a half-torn mini skirt, heels, and some white powder around her nose. I was driving by and happened to have a 5 dollar bill on me. The rest is history. :love:
    lol
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I was 19, met him at Ladies night out at a night club. Honestly I was not even interested in him, I was interested in his cousin LOL.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Burger King!
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    he was my neighbor growing up, we were never friends, our families were like the montegues and capulets... we both moved back home due to seperations and fell in love.... our parents were shocked, but grew to accept it.... now my mom loved him and his mom loves me... but i tell you what... neither of them were too happy when they found out
  • Demwitted
    Options
    Chemistry Class... really. lol.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Almost 17 years ago at a pool hall (nothing else for 16 year olds to do back then). So yup been together more than half our lives! I wouldn't want to share it with anyone else!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am friends on facebook with a girl from high school - he "stalked" me from her page - and asked her to meet me, when she wouldn't oblige, he friend requested me. I wasn't interested..but he wouldn't give up. Finally I agreed to a date, and we have been together ever since.. a year and a half in February. :)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    a friend set me up with him. they both worked at a walmart pharmacy at the time, and when she first introduced me to him, he was stocking tampons and depends.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    In high school while working fast food jobs at hardess. 3rd week on the job I burned my hands and was in tears from the pain. He wiped my tears away and said how sorry he was for my pain. We've been in crazy love for 13 years. Crazy life but I love every moment of it!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    On MFP...
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Myspace, when they started that "Do you know this person" I saw his pic and sent him an e-mail. we met officially in Walmart, with my best friend two aisles behind me for good measure. We decided to move in together a month later, and got married two months after that, it's been three years.
  • Lary_babe
    Lary_babe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I met him in highschool, I had lots of friends, and he was the geek with the crush on me for 5 years. One year into college after him writing me every day and him resigning himself to being just friends for good, I came around :) We've been together ever since. (together being a relative term because we are long distance and it sucks) lol <3
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Rehab. He was a crackhead and I was a Meth freak...the rest was history ;)
  • andthesummerday
    Options
    I met him for lunch last fall. He picked me up from school, and we went to this little restaurant in our hometown. My friends were worried about me because I was fifteen minutes late to art class, but they had covered for me. They thought he had kidnapped me and raped me while in fact he was giving me pepper spray that he manufactures at his dad's company! The rest, as they say, is history. :heart:
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We met through our brothers. My youngest brother and his middle brother were good friends. His brother is married to a girl who is a computer whiz. I had just gotten a computer ( that didn't exactly work) at the Salvation Army and I asked her to take a look at it and see if we could get it running. She couldn't fix it, but her hubby suggested that I call his "computer nerd" brother and see if he would come look at it. He said, "It's Friday night, I am positive he is sitting at home with nothing better to do." LOL So I called and he came over. We ended up talking for 9 hours then he left. The next night, Saturday, he came to pick me up from work with a red rose in his hand. Sunday I moved in with him. :heart: We got married 8 months later and we are coming up on our 15th anniversary. My grandmother always said "You will know" and we did :happy:

PS He never did fix my computer :laugh:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    A bowling alley...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Rehab. He was a crackhead and I was a Meth freak...the rest was history ;)

How sweet. I assume you used the meth to wean him off of crack, as drug logic dictates.
  • bexkee
    bexkee Posts: 20
    Options
    At my local pub's quiz night. Both of us were on separate losing two person teams. Both of our team mates were smokers and neither of us were. At the end of the quiz both smokers were gagging to go out into the smoking area so both non smokers reluctantly followed. We sat at opposite tables and got chatting. He looked SO familiar, turned out he was my old neighbour from when I'd last lived in the area 13 years previously. He has blue blue blue eyes, I asked if he was single and it went from there.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    at a bar in fort worth called Electric Cowboy.

We have defied all the odds. Just celebrated our 10th anniversary and cant wait for the next.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Drunk on the dance floor in South Padre Island while on my senior trip (yes, high school senior trip). Now, 22 years later....it's the souvenier that just doesn't go away.

:laugh: i love this!