Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    In high school, he was the bad boy and i was the nerdy girl. Funny how neither of us thought it would last and almost 7 years later here we are!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Online, we belonged to the same site and here and there would banter in the forums, then started instant messaging one another, then skyping, then after a year of that we met. He lived in California, me in BC. After 10 months of flying back and forth he moved up here. Then 2 months later we got engaged, then 4 months after that we got married. Next week is our 3 year wedding anniversary :)
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Junior High school. That was 33 YEARS ago and we'll celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary next week!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    We were both at the same wedding party, and later the same bar. We have mutual friends but never crossed paths until that night. That was a year and a half ago, and we've been inseperable ever since!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    grad class.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    drunk at Oktoberfest. Been together 3 years and just got married on 11/11/11

cliche but We we're made for each other!
  • HungryMom
    Options
    At a frat party, we have a different version we tell our kids.
  • xhellokittycatx
    Options
    We met online but sadly our marriage didn't work out.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    At a party at a friend's house... we started going for walks together and just didn't want to let go of each other... :blushing:
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Work.....I played hard to get and i won..lol
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    One drunken night in Barcelona. I'm from New Zealand he's from upstate New York. We talked online/ phone for 3 -4 months after we returned home, then I went all the way to NY for a 10 day holiday. We fell in love completely. I returned home to NZ and we made plans for him to come out to New Zealand 2 months later.

4 years later, we are living the dream, married with a 2 year old son.
  • McFishie
    Options
    On a backpackers bus trip between Vancouver and Banff. We had 2 days together. Did the long distance thing betweek UK and Aust for 3 years, got married 12 years ago and couldn't be happier. I think you find your soul mate when you stop looking and just be your own wonderful self
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    collarme.com
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Target fitting room - he had the mirrors on top of his shoes & he just caught my eye. He's got the most beautiful blue eyes.

LMAO!!!!!!! you are frickin halarious!!!!!!!!!!

I have no witty response..I robbed the cradle at my liitle bros house they were roomates...
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I first saw him on a flight from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia and said to myself "Who is THAT guy?"... 24 hours later, he happened to be in my orientation group of 10 people for our study abroad program. Within 2 weeks, we were dating, 2 more weeks and we were in love. We spent the next 6 months traveling all over Australia together.
    Five years later we got married in 2005. And now we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and recently celebrated our 6th anniversary!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    On a backpackers bus trip between Vancouver and Banff. We had 2 days together. Did the long distance thing betweek UK and Aust for 3 years, got married 12 years ago and couldn't be happier. I think you find your soul mate when you stop looking and just be your own wonderful self

i love this. i really need to put your last sentence into practice :)
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    myspace. I saw his picture and thought he looked familiar. We were friends for a while and now we have been together for 5 1/2 years.
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    At work. We were just friends at first, I was going through a break up. He gave me his number "in case I ever wanted to talk"....so smooth. I text him that night- not about my break-up, but Biggest Loser and the crazy cast that season. LOL We love that show. We've been together for 4 years, built a house together, and we will hopefully be getting engaged sometime in the near future. If not, I'm happy with the way things are. I just love being with him. :smile:
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    On plentyoffish.com
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Grew up in the same neighborhood...met him when I was about 13. Started dating him at 16....it's been almost 23 years now (married for 19). Not as long as my brother and his wife though...they started dating in grade 4!! LOL