WHY ARE THERE NO SINGLE PEOPLE HERE?

Options
I've noticed that an unusually high number (I'd guess over 90%) of the members here are either married, engaged, or have a bf/gf (serious relationships).
From what I've seen in the actual world, this number is much closer to 50% maybe 60%...Am I missing something? Do you guys agree with my observations? What are your thoughts? Why are there so few single people here?

Replies

• rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    umm why does that matter?
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    umm why does that matter?

It's not a life changing inquiry I'm just curious
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    perhaps, as counter-intuitive as it seems, married people or people in relationships are more likely to be trying to do something about fitness and weight control?
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There's a whole group of single people on here lol --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/282-single-peeps
  • insane4train
    insane4train Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's been proven most people gain weight after they get married. Unconsciously there becomes less of a desire to stay in shape. You've already found your mate.
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    Weird observation, minus my friends that I know in person I dont know which of MFP friends are single..
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It's been proven most people gain weight after they get married. Unconsciously there becomes less of a desire to stay in shape. You've already found your mate.

that's very interesting! i'm single so never thought of that.
  • jeremycatrett
    jeremycatrett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    basically because relationships make you fatter, and everyone here is here to lose some Lbs. So theres a high probability that the people who are here to lose weight are also in relationships. haha.
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    Although I do not find a reason in why that would matter... I have noticed that also. lol Married people let loose and don't stay in shape?! I am sooo just kidding. I however, did let go and gain weight while engaged. Now that I am no longer engaged and single, I found the motivation to get healthy. I have reasons that have nothing to do with being single, but it is a small factor.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am single and I have noticed that most folks are married here.
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'd noticed that too. Maybe they're out living it up and not worried about diet and exercise!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Untitled-1.jpg

I have seen a ton of single people here! And many guys I wish were single. Bahaha jk xD
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    That's true.... a lot of them are younger than me... and they already married with children!

Well, I'm considered......... complicated. lol...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that an unusually high number (I'd guess over 90%) of the members here are either married, engaged, or have a bf/gf (serious relationships).
    Pure speculation. That could only be based on the segment of the population that you have observed, and assumes that they were telling the truth. :laugh:
    From what I've seen in the actual world, this number is much closer to 50% maybe 60%
    As of 2010, 43% of all Americans over the age of 18 are single, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-08-19/living/single.in.america_1_single-fathers-single-mothers-single-parents?_s=PM:LIVING
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    Weird observation, minus my friends that I know in person I dont know which of MFP friends are single..

usually the first words of their about me section are "I'm married with 2 kids" etc etc
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    eh, we're not allowed to hit on anyone here anyway. y'all gotta take that off MFP. :laugh:
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm more single than ever before so I've noticed that too, although it doesn't really bother me :)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 1/2 stone after I met my husband!! Too many dinners out and cosy dinners in with too much wine, haha!

And then BOOM, you suddenly realise you look like the back end of a bus and promptly join MFP!! :laugh:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Because in general it takes someone with a longer life experience to recognize they need this service.
    And since this may be a more drawn out process compared to fadish quick fix, takes a married person with quality of patience.

Just a couple wild ideas!
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    think about....single people need to look hot to get some...

i was nice and thin before getting in a relationship....so was my bf hahah... now we are both on mfp.