Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought Walden Farms peanut flavor spread. No calories, no fat, no nothing. It was about the worst thing I ever tried. Big waste of about $4.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Naturally More PB. YUM!
    Ingredients: roasted peanuts, wheat germ, flax seed, cane sugar, egg whites, honey, flaxseed oil.

I eat PB every day. :love:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Skippy natural is delicious!!!!!
    That's what I've been eating. I feel so much better knowing it's natural without all the added crap. It tastes better than the lowfat crap too.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Adam's is good natural peanut butter. Once you mix the oil in, keep it in the fridge & nuke 10seconds to soften when you want to use it (the oil separates at room temp)
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Skippy natural is delicious!!!!!
    That's what I've been eating. I feel so much better knowing it's natural without all the added crap. It tastes better than the lowfat crap too.

Skippy Natural is not all that Natural.................Here is an article regarding how misleading the name is. Natural Nut Butters should only have 2 ingredients: nuts and salt.........

Skippy Natural has Palm Oil and Sugar added to the peanuts and salt.

I also love other nut butters too. Cashew butter, almond butter, macadamia nut butter, etc.........it is good with apples, carrots, celery, off the spoon.....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/532327/skippy_natural_peanut_butter_the_best.html
    Skippy Natural Peanut Butter: the Best Natural Peanut Butter on the Market
    By E Harmon
    Skippy Natural Peanut Butter has a slightly misleading product name; however, Skippy Natural is hands-down the best "natural" peanut butter I have tasted. Here are the pros and cons of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter.
    Cons. Since I think that the pros outweigh the cons of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter I will start with the cons.
    § Misleading Name: The biggest con of Skippy Natural is that the product name is a bit misleading. While Skippy Natural is indeed more natural than many peanut butters on the market, it is not what consumers have come to know as natural peanut butter. A natural peanut butter has only one ingredient: peanuts. Skippy Natural Peanut Butter actually has four ingredients: peanuts, sugar, palm oil, and salt. While the ingredients in Skippy Natural Peanut Butter are just that, natural, they are still a bit misleading to consumers.
    § Sugar Content. Most natural peanut butters have no added sugar so a two tablespoon service has just one gram of sugar in it. Skippy Natural Peanut Butter does have some added sugar so you actually get 3 grams of sugar per serving. While this is still not a huge amount of sugar, it is comparable to regular non-natural peanut butter brands.
    Pros. As I said before, the pros of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter outweigh the cons by a long shot which is I why I really believe it is the best natural peanut butter you can buy.
    § Taste. The taste of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter is wonderful. It has the delicious roasted peanut flavor of natural peanut butters, but still the slightly sweet flavor of classic peanut butter.
    § Texture. Skippy Natural Peanut Butter is smooth and creamy in texture. Unlike many natural peanut butters, there is no need to stir Skippy Natural Peanut Butter to recombine the oils before spreading.
    § Shelf Stability. Skippy Natural Peanut Butter can be kept on the shelf like classic peanut butter whereas many natural peanut butter brands must be kept in the refrigerator. Refrigeration makes the peanut butter more difficult to spread and it is not as tasty when cold.
    § Price. You won't pay any more for Skippy Natural Peanut Butter than you would pay for any other peanut butter. Most other natural brands are quite a bit more expensive.
    § Natural Ingredients. Although Skippy Natural Peanut Butter may not be as completely natural as some other natural peanut butter brands, it does still have natural ingredients. There are no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils in Skippy Natural and there is no high fructose corn syrup. The ingredients are natural and simple.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Just finished my FAVORITE snack: 1 tbs all natural PB and a medium Braeburn apple!!!:love: As others have said, EAT your PB but get the natural kind- Smuckers makes a good one. 1 tbs is only about 90 cals. You CAN have that in your diet- note: diet as a term to describe what one eats, not a temporary eating style.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

OMG Braeburns are my favorite apple! I'm eating one right now. With and english muffin and peanut butter!!
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    All natural peanut butter:

1 1/2 cups peanuts
    1 tbsp peanut oil
    Food processor

Blend.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    you can go to GNC or vitamin Shoppe and purchase Mega Butter. All natural and has added protein. But natural peanut butter should only have one ingredient and that is Peanuts!

151375.png
  • losinglynn
    Options
    Have you tried PB2 - Powdered Peanut Butter & Chocolate Peanut Butter?

It's basically dehydrated peanut butter - chemical free of course. Its great! I LOVE PB and AB and pretty much every nut butter out there. I sometimes will use this in place of PB if I want to limit my calories etc. 2tbsp of this stuff has approx 55 cals.

http://www.bellplantation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=54
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I:heart: my peanut butter! I just picked up more at the store today!

Ingredients: Peanuts, salt.

I love all peanut butter but the salted ones are nice escpecially if you are used to the processed/hydrogentated ones.

Anyone ever have the organic valencia peanut butter ...they mix the red skins and all in it...:love: HEAVEN!!

Put it with some Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate and you won't miss a Reeses PB cup! :happy:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I like reduced fat myself. I don't care about the "added" things. I don't obsessively eat clean. I've come to prefer the reduced fat over regular or natural - something about the texture.

Better n' Peanut Butter is okay. I get it at Trader Joes. It can do the trick...but it's not quite as good as peanut butter.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I like reduced fat myself. I don't care about the "added" things. I don't obsessively eat clean. I've come to prefer the reduced fat over regular or natural - something about the texture.

Better n' Peanut Butter is okay. I get it at Trader Joes. It can do the trick...but it's not quite as good as peanut butter.

I'm not an obsessively clean eater either but I try to stay away from the "partially hydrogonated" bit and the hfcs stuff. Usually if they reduce a good fat, they replace it with something like that :grumble: What kind of reduced fat pb do you get 1Cor??
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options

I'm not an obsessively clean eater either but I try to stay away from the "partially hydrogonated" bit and the hfcs stuff. Usually if they reduce a good fat, they replace it with something like that :grumble: What kind of reduced fat pb do you get 1Cor??

Honestly, I get whatever's on sale. Usually Peter Pan is cheaper, but I just recently got the Giant brand, and it tasted the same.

*shrug*

I probably should pay more attention to hydrogonated stuff, but I pay more attention to calories/fat/carbs/protein
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Honestly, I get whatever's on sale. Usually Peter Pan is cheaper, but I just recently got the Giant brand, and it tasted the same.

*shrug*

I probably should pay more attention to hydrogonated stuff, but I pay more attention to calories/fat/carbs/protein

defeats the whole purpose of getting healthy
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    My friend shared a recipe with me that is fabulous. I am at work at don't have it with me. I will try to post the exact measurements later. It is reduced fat peanut butter mixed with fat free cool whip. You put it in mini muffin/cupcake wrappers. Freeze them for at least 1 hour. They are awesome!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options

*shrug*

Whatever. If I ate "clean" there isn't a whole lot I could afford to buy to eat. I'm healthy, regardless, thanks.
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    My friend shared a recipe with me that is fabulous. I am at work at don't have it with me. I will try to post the exact measurements later. It is reduced fat peanut butter mixed with fat free cool whip. You put it in mini muffin/cupcake wrappers. Freeze them for at least 1 hour. They are awesome!

Oh wow. You have to get that recipe and share!!! That sounds sooooo good!!!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options

Oh wow. You have to get that recipe and share!!! That sounds sooooo good!!!

There are no words.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options

*shrug*

Whatever. If I ate "clean" there isn't a whole lot I could afford to buy to eat. I'm healthy, regardless, thanks.

Look up what hydrogenated oils do to your organs over time and I doubt that you'll see that as healthy.

Geez, clean isn't a racket or a passing fad, it's a way of taking control of what you put into your body. That's all.
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options

*shrug*

Look up what hydrogenated oils do to your organs over time and I doubt that you'll see that as healthy.

Geez, clean isn't a racket or a passing fad, it's a way of taking control of what you put into your body. That's all.

I didn't mean to offend. I think it's admirable for other people to eat "clean". But I eat as many fresh fruits/veggies/meats as I can afford and as few processed foods as I can afford, but I still eat and live healthy. I just don't appreciate being told that I am not healthy just by what I've said on this one thread. That's all.