EMBARRASING ways you tried to win the affection

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
of crushes in middle/high school.

Once when I was a Freshman my best friend and I called this guys # and got the answering machine(remember those?) and I sang the words to the Madonna song "erotica"

No effing kidding.

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Once when I was a Freshman my best friend and I called this guys # and got the answering machine(remember those?) and I sang the words to the Madonna song "erotica"

No effing kidding.

i never deleted it ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I bought a guy chocolates for valentines day in middle school and put them in his locker. He ate some then then through them away forcefully in the garbage next to me.

No valentine for me :'( lol
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

No effing kidding.

Words cannot even describe how awkward I was.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    OMG...I love this!!! Sounds like something I would have done too:blushing:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bumping for entertainment later...
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

No effing kidding.

Hahaha LMAO!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    bump lol
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Okay mine is from college, though.

We had a yearly fundraiser that involved a date auction. When I was a freshman, I definitely bid on the guy I liked. And paid mostly in pennies. YIKES. I don't know if I ever really talked to him after that event.

Looking back, I am mortified for myself, hahaha.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=1208

It didn`t work for me either. :ohwell:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Mine also from college.... Gave the guy a b-day card and decorated the envelope. Kinda looked like a kindergartener had colored the envelope. I sealed my fate as the "little sister" kind of girl with that one.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I can't even believe I did this and that it was actually trying to 'win' the affection of someone considering what I did...

I sent... wait for it..... an ANONYMOUS valentine carnation to the object of my affection in junior high. Yes, anonymous - because I didn't want the people doing the delivery of these things to know I was crushing on the guy. :laugh:

Now, how on earth I expected him to figure out who sent it is BEYOND me at this point in my life. And back then - I was far too shy to say anything to him. :blushing:

You may begin laughing at me.....

now.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had a huge crush on an 8th grader when I was in 6th grade. Anyhow I was at a dance and was talking to my Social Studies teacher (what a dork I was) and he asked why I wasn't dancing w/ anyone and who I wanted to dance with. So I told him and he went and asked the guy to dance with me. How embarassing! I did dance with him but never really talked to him again until after college when I saw him at a bar. He was being all flirty and gave me his number and said, "we should really get together sometime." As I walked away toward my friends I took the paper and tore it to pieces and dropped it to the floor Vince Vaughn from Swingers style. It felt so good!! I totally found out later that he was already married when he was giving me his number. Ick!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    gosh, in 8th grade idk who i thought i was. my first crush and i made out by the water fountain and got yelled at. why did i think getting in trouble was cool? :noway:

as a freshman in high school luckily i met my current boyfriend and didn't have to do much impressing. on our first date, i tried the whole low cut shirt and tight jeans and apparently that's not what he wanted (he was so cute and dorky lol). turns out some guys do like band geeks.

also if i recall correctly, i think i gave him a valentine's card...you know those stupid ones with corny sayings. mine had a picture of a dog that said "ears lookin at you". he still has it! :ohwell:
  • kfue
    kfue Posts: 17
    Options
    Woo hoo! Afternoon entertainment.

Knowing my middle school crush was big into video games, I lied told him my dad worked at a video game store and would totally hook him up with a free copy of the mortal kombat game (just to get this dude to talk to me). A couple days later I told him my dad sent it to him in the mail (even though I never got his address). This did get him to talk to me everyday to check on the status of his free game (sadly I was psyched b/c of this), but I had to lie e/ day and tell him to check the mail when he got home b/c my dad "def sent it."

SOOO LAME. SMH thinking about this.

Random bonus story: I was recently looking through my middle school year book and saw i had jotted down notes of *all* of the lame interaction I had with boys that year. i.e: James asked if you were going to the dance on ________ (was he trying to ask you??) , Bobby smiled at you on____ and asked how your day was. He walked you down the hallway.
    **By "ALL of the lame interaction", I meant two stories. SMH**

*FACE PALM!*
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

No effing kidding.

That's hilarious!!!!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    In middle school, I overheard one cute guy in my math class telling his friend how nice my booty looked in those jeans. Those jeans were my favorite Guess jeans, white as snow, painted on fit. I think from that day on I wore those more times than I might have otherwise. :laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    In middle school, I overheard one cute guy in my math class telling his friend how nice my booty looked in those jeans. Those jeans were my favorite Guess jeans, white as snow, painted on fit. I think from that day on I wore those more times than I might have otherwise. :laugh:
    Ahh Guess Jeans..
    I remember a long chat with my brother. Telling him he should only go after girls who wore Guess Jeans because "they were really cool, and way more fun"
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

No effing kidding.

Wow....
    Hilarious!
  • Tani316
    Options
    Bumping. Was too embarrassed to ever make a move. (Shameface)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I was way to embarassed and chunky to try and win anyone's affection!

I did however help with the passing of the notes between classmates. :tongue: