Oatmeal??

Options
13»

Replies

• gmc_cmg
    Options
    Wow, I'm not big on eating oatmeal, but I love it on really cold days when I'm working, so I can't wait to try out lots of the ideas here now that winter has arrived! :D Liking the peanut butter idea... might have to try some of that tomorrow! :)

Normally I use splenda myself, with usually one or more of the following; raisins, sunflower seeds, coconut, dried cranberries, baking cocoa, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice... I tried nutmeg once but it wasn't that pleasant...
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I make mine with Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla and 2 packets of Stevia and some cinnamon. I boil it for about 10 minutes on the stove along with 1 cup of water and the longer it boils the thicker it becomes. I'm sure you could use sweetened vanilla as well and adjust your sweetness with more sugar/cinnamon/dried fruit, etc.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    splenda brown sugar, umm fruits? ummmm I have a friend who sent me this recipe cus I LOVE oatmeal and he is pretty big into healthy eating and seen that I was working at it.

1 cups old-fashioned oats
    1 1/2 cups water
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/8 tsp cinnamon
    sugar substitute to taste

Preparation:
    Place oatmeal in a microwave-safe bowl and stir in water. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in pumpkin puree, spice and cinnamon. Heat for 40-60 seconds, or until heated through. . Sweeten with sugar substitute if necessary and enjoy.
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty much set breakfast, but love oatmeal porridge as an easy lazy supper on a cold day. I use a moderate amount of Demerara sugar and log it. As one of the dietitians in the program I was in said, "If that's the worst thing in your day - relax and enjoy it!"
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with natural peanut butter & ground cinnamon every morning. Love love love it!
  • abraam
    abraam Posts: 25
    Options
    Why can't you use brown sugar? Just measure it out & count the calories. Don't deny yourself what you like. Make it work.

my thoughts exactly!! :)
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    pinch of salt always, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sliced toasted almonds.

Been soaking the rolled oats over night in water. Cooks up faster and creamier in the AM.