Need easy protein ideas!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• pr0jectskinny
    pr0jectskinny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Egg whites!
    Skip the yolks because of the high cholesterol :)
    and egg white has only 17 calories and 3.5g protein :D I eat them like it's my job
  • jack_
    jack_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My trainer just told me yesterday that egg whites are the only pure (no carb, no fat) source of protein on the planet. Also, whey isolate protein is supposedly a great protein source ... easily digestible protein great for first thing in the morning and post work out.
  • jack_
    jack_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Egg whites!
    Skip the yolks because of the high cholesterol :)
    and egg white has only 17 calories and 3.5g protein :D I eat them like it's my job

Hilarious. Love it!
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Nuts! Nuts! Nuts!
    Any kind of peanut, almond or pistachio ect. Has a lot of protein, they are in high in fat but they are amazing because they also contain healthy fats and fiber.

Peanut butter is great in sanwiches for protein.

Cliff Bars are awsome if you need a fast snack, they also contain fiber.

Cheese, low fat cheeses like laughing cow and mozeralla made with skim milk.

Milk, soy milk if you don't like cow milk.

Eggs! Eggs are amazing for protein!

Anything dairy usually.

Yogurt! Greek yogurt is awsome :D
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    This is true for sure. but eggs have good cholesteral in them. The fat in them is good for you aswell.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    This is true for sure. but eggs have good cholesteral in them. The fat in them is good for you aswell.

agreed. Mix it up! e.g. I do 2 eggs & 2 whites.

Nuts are not a good primary source of protein for anyone on a calorie restricted diet.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my peanut butter but for any female who is probably around the 1200-1500cal goal a tbspn of pb could be omitted for mass amounts of fibrous veggies or a decent amount of a lean protein like chicken, turkey etc.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Slice of chedder cheese
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    The oven broiler pan is your friend. Load it up with marinated (gallon freezer bags are handy) chicken, pork loin chops, round steak cutlets, turkey breast tenderloin, etc. Broil it one weekend afternoon.

You now have convenient protein to eat on during the week.
    I usually broil or grill 5 to 8 lbs of meat a weekend. Makes lunch and dinner during a busy week much easier.

Good idea! I think I will be doing this today...also boiing a bunch of eggs.
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    Thu 12/01/11 07:27 PM

I know you said no cooking but this is so easy and yummy. You can make extra for later in the week because it reheats well. I rewrote the recipe from George Stella for my diabetic no cooking friend.

EASY CHEESY CHILI CHICKEN
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons cilantro (I used two cubes of Trader Joes frozen chopped)
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon cumin
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 clove garlic, chopped or out of jar
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne
    4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 onion, sliced
    4 ounces, shredded cheese
    Throw the first 8 ingredients into a large zip loc bag. Mush together. Add chicken breasts and rub the seasoning mixture all over the meat until coated evenly. Marinate for a bit while you chop onion and make a salad. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Arrange the onions over the chicken. Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until the chicken is just done. Do not overcook. Top with the cheese and return to oven until melted, about 5 minutes.

I will have to try this out sounds ymmy :love:
  • clemsontgr4evr
    clemsontgr4evr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know you said no cooking but this is so easy and yummy. You can make extra for later in the week because it reheats well. I rewrote the recipe from George Stella for my diabetic no cooking friend.

EASY CHEESY CHILI CHICKEN
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons cilantro (I used two cubes of Trader Joes frozen chopped)
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon cumin
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 clove garlic, chopped or out of jar
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne
    4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 onion, sliced
    4 ounces, shredded cheese
    Throw the first 8 ingredients into a large zip loc bag. Mush together. Add chicken breasts and rub the seasoning mixture all over the meat until coated evenly. Marinate for a bit while you chop onion and make a salad. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Arrange the onions over the chicken. Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until the chicken is just done. Do not overcook. Top with the cheese and return to oven until melted, about 5 minutes.

YUM! This sounds delicious.

I've never used the frozen herbs before. Do you just defrost them and use them as you would fresh?
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Make yourself a protein shake girl! YAH!!!!!
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Any kind of meat is okay, doesn't have to be just chicken!
    Cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Protein powder
    eggs/egg whites
    cottage cheese

Homemade protein bars (easy kind!)
    ^^^ditto! Hi Sunshine!