How did you find MyFitnessPal?

Options

Replies

• CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Parenting Mag. had a article for new mothers to lose their baby weight and said this one is free. Here I am!!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was on a diet and reached a plateau, I became discouraged so I was looking online for diet support and tips. I had been using a notebook and calorie counter book to try to create a journal of everything I ate. I found MFP through a google search and it said food diary, and online support so I created an account. I love it and have been here ever since.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weight Watcher's dot com, the forums there
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am a member of a local Mommies Network forum, I kept seeing other moms talking about their journeys and successes and MFP came highly recommended from several of them, so here I am. :-)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter app on my iPhone and downloaded a bunch, and started deleting the ones i didn't like... MFP was left but I was going to delete it but during that time I was on another embarrassing app and people ask was anyone using MFP and we exchanged usernames and I got a few friends on MFP.. They kept me going and then realized I could access MFP online but never really did then one day tried the forums and fell in love! My friends are the best!! I've lost 23 pounds and counting and I couldn't have done it without my MFP friends :)
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    from my youtube friend... she raved about it so ... here I am...and i love it
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It was an advertisement on my phone for an app and here I am =)
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    14 weeks ago, I committed to a 10 week challenge at a local fitness center. The personal trainer gave me the best advice ever: What you eat will determine 80% of your success. He suggested MFP - best advice ever! I am 2 weeks in to the next 10-week challenge and 29 down. I can't thank him enough for recommending this site. It is SO motivating!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I saw this as an App on my phone. So glad I did!

I never believed in getting a smartphone until it was the only phone left to choose from. I'm glad I did.

This is one of my favorite blogs-great comments, nobody is bashing each other for once! Or telling them how they should have gotten on MFP.. hehe.
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was looking up 'unsupportive family during weight loss' because I needed to read someone else who was going through the same thing as me. I found a link on Google to the MFP forums and initially, I only made an account so I could get some advice and vent about my family not supporting me. I never planned on using the account afterwards. Then someone friended me and I figured, hey, why not give it a shot?

Weird story for sure
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Stumbled on it looking online...Is a Godsend as I have been doing this by hand for 15 years
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I was looking for an app to track calories on my android phone. This one was the only one you could "quick add" calories which was the most important feature for me. I didn't give a crap about the community aspect at first but I'm blown away by how much I love this feature too!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    saw someone mention it to another friend on FB...I checked it out and have been hooked ever since!!
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    a friend on facebook was lookin for others that were members of MFP so I got nosey and looked into it and I have been here ever since. Sometimes bein nosey really pays off. Best choice i have made in a long time!!!
  • loves2tap
    loves2tap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my neighbor introduced me to mfp in sept. loving it so far!
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I was looking up apps on losing weight and MFP showed up. So both my husband and I signed up. My husband told his dietician about it as he is a kidney patient currently on dialysis and wanted to make sure he was following a diet she would like and she was very impressed. I love site.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Google! I was searching for diet help/support and this site showed up, a week later I downloaded the app. Almost 4 months later and I'm still in love with this site!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across it first as an app for my phone :-) it wasn't until about 2 weeks after downloading on my phone that I realized it was also online :-)

Yep.

Reading a health magazine article about phone apps for weight loss, did not even know there was such a thing and found MFP for my phone... then realized how much more MFP offers :bigsmile:

Last check-up with my doctor, she wanted to know how the weight was coming off and took notes on MFP, so hopefully she will pass it along to others too!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I saw one of my friends fb update about losing some pounds, and so I went and checked it out!! It took me a few months to really get on the wagon ( I used my foot surgery as an excuse, but still a quasi-legitimate reason ). Since then, the same person rarely logs in now. I am on his case all the time, trying to bring him back though!!! LOL Another bonus, I have since encouraged my sister and two friends to join, and between the four of us, we have lost 45 pounds since October!!! :D
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    My friend on Thinner Times recommended it :) I have thanked her many times!