X-Mas Challenge (OPEN group)

Options

Replies

• blueeyes25s
    blueeyes25s Posts: 78 Member
    Options

and blueeyes25s: don't worry, being consistent even though there are no huge losses is part of the game, even though it's the hardest part! at some point there will be a loss. have you tried to zig-zag your calories a little? so there's a new impulse for your body?

I last week I just started adding a cheat day to my diet and I started taking a couple new classes so change up my exercise routine. I also got a HRM over the weekend and this morning when I ran, I realized that the calories on the machine was giving me a much higher number of calories burned than I acutally was. This morning I was on the treadmill for 40 minutes and the machine said I burned 454 and according to the HRM I only burned 328. That's a huge difference so I am hoping this is the biggest reason for me being stuck!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So I am in a wedding in January and had to pick up my dress today... It's too big!!!! No time to reorder so stuck with having to alter it. It's at least a size too big. Reordered it once. Really bummed and feeling bad cause its so big.
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    X-Mas Challenge Weigh In Week 9:
    :flowerforyou: http://goo.gl/Rt1I1

- even though for a lot of you it's Thanksgiving today, we'll keep up the challenge to stay at least a little accountable ;)

Have a great day, everyone!

@HillarieB, don't be mad at yourself or anyone, be proud of what you've achieved in the mean time! There is plenty of time to have it changed til January!

@blueeyes25: Hm, that might do the trick. I usually have much lower levels on my HRM and still I subtract the calories I would have burnt in the meantime just with sleeping, since Polar (or any other company) doesn't give any information, whether they are backing out the BMR or not (and they seem not to back it out) - these calorie levels are even lower, but at least in this way, I can make sure, I don't eat feeling save and basically going over calories all the time :) Wish you luck with this problem identified!!
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No weigh in for me this week. I'm at my parents' house for the holidays and they don't have a scale. Also its probably a good idea to give my body some distance from the eating that happened on Thanksgiving.
  • elcar7
    Options
    X-Mas Challenge Results Week 9:

:flowerforyou: http://goo.gl/4aHPS

Great job everyone, even though it was Thanksgiving for our Americans :)

@PeachELibrarian: no problem :)
  • ThinnerHill
    Options
    totally missed weigh in this week. Work was absolutely nuts with black friday preperations and then the sale itself. Bummed but its ok I'll make sure to get it next week.
  • blueeyes25s
    blueeyes25s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    @blueeyes25: Hm, that might do the trick. I usually have much lower levels on my HRM and still I subtract the calories I would have burnt in the meantime just with sleeping, since Polar (or any other company) doesn't give any information, whether they are backing out the BMR or not (and they seem not to back it out) - these calorie levels are even lower, but at least in this way, I can make sure, I don't eat feeling save and basically going over calories all the time :) Wish you luck with this problem identified!!
    [/quote]

Thanks! This past weekend was crazy and couldn't weigh in on Friday so I will weigh in this Friday. I'm hoping to see a little loss.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I want to join too!!
  • elcar7
    Options
    @Carrot1971: just send me your start and goal weight, and do the weekly weigh-in on the google-form.

I see you are a long-time mfp-member, so if you have all your friday weigh-in from the last weeks (started end of Sept) you can send them to me too.

So, lets see, there are only four more weeks till the end of the challenge!!! We are all doing soooo great, even though losses are maybe too slow for our mind (or at least mine ;) )
  • ThinnerHill
    Options
    Only 4 weeks left!!!!! Holy cow where did the time go? Ok seriously. I would love to lose another 10 pounds by Christmas! Its unlikely, but I'm gonna try. I need to start working on maintaining for a few weeks following Christmas so this dress will fit for the wedding but I really want to lose a bit more before then. Such dilemas.... I'm celebrating my victories though. I haven't been this small in about 5 years!!! Super happy about that!!!
  • elcar7
    Options
    Weigh in week 10:
    http://goo.gl/A8xBx

Have a great day everyone!

___

Today's WORLD AIDS DAY! - Stop AIDS now!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Big week for me!! Down 4 pounds!!! SO EXCITED!!!
  • ThinnerHill
    Options
    I missed a week so I'm super excited about my loss to report!!!
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week, but I haven't been able to exercise at all, been very busy at work and spending some quality time with the other half <3

Hopefully it will just fall off me next week when I get back on!! :)
  • SEXY_2012
    Options
    Take a look my result
    me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_:_//tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • elcar7
    Options
    Results X-Mas Challenge posted
    http://bit.ly/vbWrEF

Great work everyone!

only 20 days more to go for x-mas (and 17 in the challenge)

don't worry if you haven't lost this might be "saving" some loss for next week ;) (at least this is what motivates me)
  • elcar7
    Options
    Weigh In Week 11: http://goo.gl/UuYE6
  • elcar7
    Options
    Results X-Mas Challenge Week 11 - http://goo.gl/bIFkl

Great job everyone :), even though we've been quite some people gaining

and sooo many people dropped out over the challenge :(
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I am still around..... trying to make it one week to drop 5.5 lbs.....
  • ThinnerHill
    Options
    I'm here too. I'm trying to get to 165 by Christmas still. I've dropped by christmas goal 10 more pounds since hitting it early. we can do this. We still have a little bit of time to make that final push to the finish!!!