Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• CherryBlossom1982
    CherryBlossom1982 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    While visiting my sister in the US, I went to watch my BIL play softball he is on the same team as him. We were brifly introduced (said hi), that day I returned home to the UK.
    A year later I was visiting my sister again and we got talking more, from there I extended my stay. I returned home and we had a long distance relationship for a year while I was finishing University, during that time he visited me a few times, then I moved to the US after graduating. We've been married nearly 5 years now :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    AOL Instant Messenger. Do you guys remember that? :laugh: It's true though. He randomly IMed me. Back when people still did that kind of thing.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    On plentyoffish.com

Side note, but every time I see that website typed out like that, I first read it as "Plenty Off-ish." Which of course makes no sense, so I have to read it again, and then I remember that I've misread it a thousand times before and I should know what it says by now.
  • lexikaye22
    lexikaye22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I met my Husband.... and Love of my LIFE.... at Disneyland... he was from Australia..and I am from Arizona... a little after a year of back and forth dating, we got married October 8th, 2011.... and Now I am awaiting my Visa to get approved...and moving to Assie Land!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    AOL Instant Messenger. Do you guys remember that? :laugh: It's true though. He randomly IMed me. Back when people still did that kind of thing.

old school!!!!!
  • ajbeans
    Options

old school!!!!!

Right? We realized when our kids were born that they will probably never know what AIM is.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met playing co-ed softball together through our church. Apparently he had been attending the same church as me for like 2 years and I had never met him. I was up to hit next and the hitter let go of the bat when he swung and it hit me in the head. The first person I saw when I came to was this goofy red head with freckles. We've been inseperable ever since.
  • kwamsat
    kwamsat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love all of these stories! It makes me think I still have time and that I still have a chance to meet someone wonderful!!! Congratulations to you all!!
  • BikerCat13
    BikerCat13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Met him at a motorcycle meet up. My group was going for a ride and opened it up to other riders. His buddy and him showed up. He underestimated my riding abilities so I set off to prove him wrong. Didnt see him after that day as he knew his buddy was interested in me. But we ran into each other again the next summer. He conviced me to hang around nowing now that I didnt feel the same for his buddy and the rest is history.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    This thread sucks.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Met him at a motorcycle meet up. My group was going for a ride and opened it up to other riders. His buddy and him showed up. He underestimated my riding abilities so I set off to prove him wrong. Didnt see him after that day as he knew his buddy was interested in me. But we ran into each other again the next summer. He conviced me to hang around nowing now that I didnt feel the same for his buddy and the rest is history.

Awe that's sweet.....I currently don't have a special someone, and not sure if I will
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This thread sucks.
    I agree.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    In a bar playing pool. Moved in together within a week. Engaged within 6 months. Been together for over 15 years. Happily married to my best friend! When ya know, ya know. ❤
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    in my pants.

nah. just kidding. haven't met that person yet. cuz i'm single. yet again.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    this thread inspired me to write a blog post check it out,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/diaryoffatdad/view/how-i-met-my-wife-174651
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    still looking, and getting a little impatient I might add LOL
  • knight_owl
    Options
    Still waiting...but this thread gives me a little hope that it might actually happen
  • SEXY_2012
    Options
    Take a look my result
    me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_:_//tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I met the love of my life after a friend of mine told me i needed to get out and meet new people. She said it out of love. I had gotten out of a horrible 13 year relationship. She did my hair and took pics of me, and then made me post an add on craigsluist! I never thought I would met someone normal on there. Mark is the most normal amazing man I have ever known. He treats me like a princess and makes me feel wanted. We emailed for 2 months, then finally exchanged numbers, talked for 2 more months. We finally met and hit it off right away. It will be 2 years in March.

And the best part is that my mom loves him!
  • themurph8910
    Options
    In the parking lot of a police station....LOL we work there and that is where i saw my fellow ginger and snagged him up. There are people at work who still dont know that we married...its been a year and half and we share a last name and ride to work together how do you not see this?!