Alcohol :)

Options
can anyone suggest lo-cal alcohol drinks? I am a beer drinker and I know calorie wise, that is not a good choice. Suggestions please!

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but I'm also a beer drinker. Normally we love IPA's and the heavier calorie/higher ABV beers but these days I'm mostly drinking Sam Adams Light. Only 119 calories and decent for a light beer. Good luck!
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love to drink Vodka sodas with lots of lime juice. They are very refreshing and very low cal. :) CHEERS!
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    Here's how I've managed.

I drink good beer. Local beers, high ABVs, IPAs. Beer that after one or two, I feel nice and warm, giggly, and actually enjoyed the taste. They're more price efficient too.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you like beer, drink beer, but drink it less often, or split the bottle with someone else. My DH is more than happy to have half of mine ;)

Non-alcoholic beers will have less calories. American beers tend to be pretty insipid without the alcohol. European beers like St. Pauli Girl NA have lots of other flavors to enjoy. And it has exactly the same calories as Miller Lite, 96 per 12 oz as opposed to 143 for a bottle of Miller High Life. (Sharps, which is Miller's non alcoholic beer, has 58, but it doesn't have enough taste to be interesting to me.)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Miller 65 and Bud 55 aren't bad. Mich Ultra has more flavor at 90 calories. But I'm currently hooked on Ty Ku liqueur. It's availabe in citrus, soju and sake and is only 55 to 75 calories per 1.5 ounces. I use the citrus Ty Ku and mix with diet sprite or Fresca and a splash of vodka for a kick *kitten* martini.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    can anyone suggest lo-cal alcohol drinks? I am a beer drinker and I know calorie wise, that is not a good choice. Suggestions please!

Vodka Soda (95 cals)
    White & Red wines (100-180 cals)
    Most light beers I suppose
    If I drink beer, it's usually as a treat so I drink the good stuff (Blue moon, New Castle, Stella or Hefeniwezen
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Vodka Soda (95 cals)
    White & Red wines (100-180 cals)
    Most light beers I suppose
    If I drink beer, it's usually as a treat so I drink the good stuff (Blue moon, New Castle, Stella or Hefeniwezen

I love a good white zinfandel wine spritzer with soda-water (the 0's on the nutritional label kind), fresh slice of lime and lemon... VERY refreshing!!!!!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    vodka!! :)
  • sweetyJ
    Options
    I also love beer...sadly, there are at least 120 calories per pop. So like what others suggested, I drink vodka. Or when I am really craving it, I'll just jump on the elliptical for 15 more minutes just to get my beer. :laugh:
  • ebby624
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Jack and coke zero or straight gentleman jack has been my alcoholic beverage of choice.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I try to do Vodka or Rum shots :)
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I drink everything in moderation but I find beer makes my stomach bloated. Vodka cocktails and wine seem to be the best. But I do drink only about 5 ounces per glass and almost always only one.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I find most mixes, even diet pop and juices, way to sweet. I started drinking vodka, soda water and adding lemon or lime slices, even oranges.
    If you want to get really adventurous you can soak strawberries in vodka for a few hours or overnight, then add soda water. You can take out the strawberries (the longer they sit, the better the flavor but they turn white after being in awhile), or you can add them to the drink and eat at the end. (They do retain some of the alcohol so your drinks may not be as strong, which is a good reason to eat them). There are a ton of recipes online to make flavored vodka. The stuff I get in the store doesn't taste near as good.
    I also like adding the lemon or lime Perrier to vodka.
  • DarleneIsAwesome
    DarleneIsAwesome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I enjoy gin with seltzer water and lime. Less calories than vodka (at least the gin I had was less calories than my favorite vodka).
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Scotch on the rocks : )
  • ambuney83
    Options
    I agree with the wine sprizter. Bubbly and refreshing with less calories! Also try a skinny margarita:

http://www.food.com/recipe/skinny-margarita-358803
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1.5 oz rum and diet coke lol 100 cals
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    oh and also there is the 67 calorie molson canadian beer...i know you are in the states but i am sure you can try and get it....there now you dont have to give up beer :)
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Goose, it has 69 calories and since it goes down smooth you barley need a chaser