doing exercise, eating my calories and under my gol but gain

Options
2»

Replies

• geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    People have provided many good suggestions, so I'll just add that depending on what time frame you've gained a pound, I wouldn't sweat it at all. I weigh myself at least twice a day (a tad OCD, I admit) and it is not unusual for my weight vary by 4-5 pounds in a single day. My work-around for that is that if I know with 100% certainty that my net calories are less than the calories I need to maintain my current weight,, I only log weight loss.

For me this works, because as evidenced by my seemingly random weight fluctuations, if I only weighed myself once a week, for example, I might very well be up a couple of pounds from the week before. By logging only weight loss, I may end up stuck at the same "offficial' weight for several weeks, and often am, but I don't get discouraged by the daily/weekly up/down random weight variations.

I think someone suggested taking your measurements, which I heartily endorse. Especially at the beginning for me, the inches/way my clothes were fitting, was a better measure of success than the actual weight loss. You can add more measurements than the MFP defaults, which is nice because then you can accumulate more total inches lost then if you're justing measuring waist, hips, etc.. :0)
  • rossannapc
    rossannapc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live in a small place call uvero near bavaro! We are just 5 house aoround 40 KM ...

Well veggie i just eat potatoes, beens but just few things, i really love meat! But maybe some one can give me a example of a diet for a day! Im not sure what to eat! And here in the super to by just 20 eggs is 4 dolares and and a penut butter jar is 5 dolarrs the small one, because this places is for tourist! The cheapest things here are the wheat and rice and something call platanos! Any sugestion of a diet with out veggies!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Im pretty new here, but some things I've learned from the pros on here are:
    Do not go below 1200 calories! Make sure you eat enough of your exercise calories to net at least 1200 eaten per day. Your body needs a certain amount to function on. If you don't get enough, you will go into starvation mode and hold onto every dingle ounce of fat.
    Don't log everyday activities such as cooking dinner or cleaning. You did those before and and didn't lose weight, right? Yo me, its a false message of lethargy. Like taking the stairs instead of elevator. Sure, it is something, but it's not really helping you get in shape.
    Watch your sodium. It will make you hold water and appear heavier. The mayo clinic cites the recommended intake at no more than 2300 mg daily. Im trying to stay around 1600. You can keep track of your sodium in your food diary!
    Drink LOTS of plain water. It helps flush toxins and sodium, and will give you energy to workout.
    Eat lots of protein, instead of lots of carbs. I try to eat at least 100 per day. I too hate veggies. Im eating more of what I like, and trying to find ways to eat others. For example, tomorrow I am going to make a smoothie with yogurt, orange juice, and im going to try 1/2 a banana ( yuck). If I blend it up, I think I can do it. Maybe ill add some chocolate protein powder instead of orange juice! Im also going to buy a squash ans slice it and fry in olive oil, see if I can make myself eat that. I feel yah on the veggies!
    Finally, don't go so much by the scale. Go by your measurements and how you feel.

If you want to try a great workout that is quick and you see results fast, try jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I hope everyones advice helps you out. Friend me if you need motivation.
  • rossannapc
    Options
    I know the budget should not be a excuse but for me it is because when u just have 250 dollar for the all month for 3 people including by baby is not easy way to do it! Just making more exercise that do no cost anything at home!
  • rossannapc
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice i feel better and more positive! I will give another try and im glad to count with this place!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You live near the sea, so fish might be a better choice than the pork meats you are eating. Also, you seem to be eating quite a lot of sugar, try cutting down on sugars. You are doing great on water consumption, keep that up.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The worst thing you can do is become discouraged!! Please don't do that. Watch your sodium intake and also keep in mind that you should be watching your NET calories. Keeping them around 1200 everyday. You can check that on your "My home" tab at the top of your page. Keep drinking a lot of water too!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I live in a small place call uvero near bavaro! We are just 5 house aoround 40 KM ...

Well veggie i just eat potatoes, beens but just few things, i really love meat! But maybe some one can give me a example of a diet for a day! Im not sure what to eat! And here in the super to by just 20 eggs is 4 dolares and and a penut butter jar is 5 dolarrs the small one, because this places is for tourist! The cheapest things here are the wheat and rice and something call platanos! Any sugestion of a diet with out veggies!

aww you are so lucky! you live in my dream destination. love that area! so beautiful!!!!
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You are logging things as exercise that you shouldn't be.

Walking while carrying a child for 5 minutes?
    Cooking Dinner?
    Cleaning for 15 minutes?

These things are all daily activities.
    Just because you cooked dinner, doesn't mean you get to eat more calories.

When you are walking/elliptical are you wearing a Heart rate Monitor or are you just guessing on calories?

Are you being honest on the quantity you are eating or just guessing?

I do not agree with the "eat more" comments. I think you're cheating on cals burned, and eating back too many calories (most days)
    This is some very insightful advise. Try to be meticulous with measuring your food and don't include regular daily activities as calories burned. These calories are automatically included when MFP calculates your BMR and activity level
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You are logging things as exercise that you shouldn't be.

Walking while carrying a child for 5 minutes?
    Cooking Dinner?
    Cleaning for 15 minutes?

These things are all daily activities.
    Just because you cooked dinner, doesn't mean you get to eat more calories.

When you are walking/elliptical are you wearing a Heart rate Monitor or are you just guessing on calories?

Are you being honest on the quantity you are eating or just guessing?

I do not agree with the "eat more" comments. I think you're cheating on cals burned, and eating back too many calories (most days)

QFT.

and if you can, buy yourself a food scale if you don't have one, over getting an HRM. the food scale is more important in this game.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Before I starrted MFP, I wanted to see a realistic healthy diet. Not the ones in magazines that use hummus or some weird seed I never heard of.

I love MFP because you can look at other's diaries and see really what people are eating. Feel free to look at mine, but it's not pretty all the time.. but majority of the time it is. Good Luck.

Definitely measure and weigh everything. You might be incorrect on the quantity.

aww you are so lucky! you live in my dream destination. love that area! so beautiful!!!!